IGOLD 2012 - Wed. March 7, 2012 - Don't Miss the Biggest Right to Carry Rally This State Has Ever Seen!

Molly B.

Is there anyway to get an accurate count of all the attendees? Each year it seems like the number is an estimate. It would just be nice to know exactly how many are there each year.

We start with a known number of "attendance packets". We try to make sure that every person in the door gets one. At the end of the day, we count what's left. Others use pictures of the marchers and try to come up with an estimate from that. That doesn't take into account any folks that don't march or that go directly to the Capitol building. It's an inexact science at best!

Tim

Is there anyway to get an accurate count of all the attendees? Each year it seems like the number is an estimate. It would just be nice to know exactly how many are there each year.

We start with a known number of "attendance packets". We try to make sure that every person in the door gets one. At the end of the day, we count what's left. Others use pictures of the marchers and try to come up with an estimate from that. That doesn't take into account any folks that don't march or that go directly to the Capitol building. It's an inexact science at best!

Tim

I was thinking about a way to save a little, too late for this year though. I think it would be nice if some packets containde two sets of contact cards. My wife cannot attend this year but last time she came we both got the whole package but didn't need two sets of maps, etc. Or packets of just contact cards would probably work also. Just a thought, Jim.

I have to guess that there have been press releases already sent out to try and get some MSM from around the state to cover IGOLD, right?

I remember the 2010 IGOLD, shortly after the MacDonald decision, NBC 5 Chicago covered some protest about textbooks where there were about 30 people in Daley Plaza. They didn't even mention the thousands we had in Springfield. WTH?

You can sleep on the bus Vaden. Bring some ear plugs and something to cover your eyes. I sleep on planes all of the time.

I think I'll be in the same boat as Jeffrey next year. My son will be 3, which is too young to really TEACH him about politics, but at least he'll know about it, and as he gets older we can use it more and more as a teaching moment. Also my wife said she'll come with starting next year. Score!

Archived