AR Mechanics Class

BigJim

Field strip and reassemble takes seconds, a class would be over pretty quickly. There are plenty of videos or it should be pretty easy to figure out on your own. If you have to use force, stop, you're doing something wrong.

A google image search for "AR15 lubrication points" will result in some easy cartoon graphics showing where to lube. Coincidently it also shows the disassembled bolt carrier group if that assists you in disassembly.

In defense of the original posters question, there are people that learn best by hands on instruction.

You can talk them through the procedure,

You can show them the procedure,

You can show them a video of the procedure,

But until they put hands on, and physically go through the procedure, they will not fully understand it.

-Keith.

The CMP department at Aurora Sportsman's Club runs maintenance and cleaning clinics every year.

Open to the Public 2017 CMP Cleaning and Maintenance Classes in January, February, March & April 2017.

More info and registration info can be found here:

http://www.aurorasc.org/disciplines/cmp

Open to the Public

2017 CMP Cleaning and Maintenance Classes

M1 Garand - Saturday, January 7, 2017

M1 Carbine/M1A/M14 - Saturday, February 4, 2017

AR-15 Rifle - Saturday, March 4, 2017

Location: Clinton Township Community Center, 160 W. Lincoln Hwy (Rte. 30) in downtown Waterman, just west of the traffic light at Rte. 30 and Elm Street. Parking lot is across the street. Restaurants close by.

Cost will be $25 each (cash only - we cannot process credit cards at this location). We will supply all cleaning gear, lubricants and tools (but bring your own cleaning rod or bore snake if you can). Bring your own rifle/pistol. No ammunition. Proper disassembly, inspection, cleaning, lubrication and reassembly will be covered. Experienced competitors and collectors will be on hand to answer questions about your rifle.

Starting December 1, 2017 please RSVP at 312-315-0146 and leave a voice-mail message for the class(es) you wish to attend. Please clearly leave your name and phone number to confirm your reservation.

Any Cleaning Party participant joining the Aurora Sportsmen's Club within 60 days after the scheduled event will receive a $50 discount.

Any questions, call Frank Bernstein at 630-858-3332 or E-Mail at cmp@aurorasc.org

• 1 month later...

In defense of the original posters question, there are people that learn best by hands on instruction.

But until they put hands on, and physically go through the procedure, they will not fully understand it.

-Keith.

I get this, I'm a hands on learner, but with that being said, what can someone show you in person that you can't see in a video? I watch videos all the time and follow along. That way I can re-wind pause, etc and not frustrate anyone. Granted some videos are better than others. There is one out there where they assemble a clear lower and it REALLY helps to see what is going on.

-Keith.

what can someone show you in person that you can't see in a video?

Nothing.

The question is how can I ask a video a question like a live instructor? How do I ask a video to show me a different view other then the views show in the video? I like being able to ask someone why they did something the way they did or what would happen if I was to... Can't do that with a video.

-Keith.

what can someone show you in person that you can't see in a video?

Nothing.

The question is how can I ask a video a question like a live instructor? How do I ask a video to show me a different view other then the views show in the video? I like being able to ask someone why they did something the way they did or what would happen if I was to... Can't do that with a video.

well you got that going for you with an instructor. The thing I like about videos is I don't always see things the way other people do so I like to learn from multiple sources untill I find one that fits my style. This gets expensive when paying people for their opinion. videos makes it cheap and easy to learn multiple ways. That being said if you are ever in the E central area, Bring your gun, and bring some ammo we can shoot it and I can show you how to disassemble and clean.

Archived