California Exit

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#31 yurimodin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:42 PM

I thought Lincoln settled the question on statges being able to leave the union.

That's republican oppression......they should want to leave just to spite the GOP boogieman :cool:

#32 Awan

Migrated out of Illinois

• Members
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 06:10 PM

But, wasn't there an attempt/thought to split the state in two - the normal folks wants to separate from the extreme leftist portion along the coast.

Another active supporter of The Walmart Thread. <- click here to view.

An Indiana resident with a life-time carry permit!

Boomer Sooner

#33 BobPistol

• Members
  • 7,540 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 08:44 AM

But, wasn't there an attempt/thought to split the state in two - the normal folks wants to separate from the extreme leftist portion along the coast.

That failed for the same reason the attempt/thought to split Crook County into 5 counties failed - LWW's want to impose their beliefs on others.

The Second Amendment of the Constitution protects the rest.

#34 soundguy

• Supporting Members Team
  • 4,686 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 10:18 AM

That failed for the same reason the attempt/thought to split Crook County into 5 counties failed - LWW's want to impose their beliefs on others.

Hey... We've already been split three times! First we were part of Puntnam Co. Then Lake County was taken from Cook... Followed by DuPage. We're still more populous than 28 of the 50 states.

Life is a cooperative venture... That's what makes it work.

#35 tkroenlein

OFFICIAL MEMBER

• Members
  • 8,208 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 10:41 AM

Hey wait a minute, that's where the real Sriracha sauce comes from.

Mmmmm....

#36 SiliconSorcerer

• Members
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 01:49 PM

The best thing that could happen in CA is to split into two (or more) states they would be much more aligned on policy the only (BIG) losers would be the Democratic party.  

You give peace a chance; I'll cover you if it doesn't work out.

NRA Benefactor Member

Remington Society of America Life Member

Ruger Collectors Association Life Member

Texas Gun Collector Honorary Member

Colt Collectors Association Honorary Member

Ruger Society Honorary Member

etc etc etc

#37 MrTriple

• Members
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 03:24 PM

California, and every blue state for that matter, cannot survive on their own and they know it. Let them blather like idiots.
"The point of [so-called "assault weapon" bans]...is not to ban firearms that are dangerous, it's to ban firearms that gun owners want to own because the people making the laws don't like gun owners. If we want to buy non-semiauto AR-style rifles, they'll ban those too, and for the same reason."

-Hapless

#38 Flingarrows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 06:12 PM

No loss for the rest of the US: lower drain on our economy from liberal policies. We buy produce from all over the world, Cali would still need to sell their wares and goods. No issues there. As said, no more democrat presidents. US military has bases/posts all over the world. We would have one there too. The only downside would be a passport to fly to that county, but really, who would check. With no TSA in Cali, all can come in. I don't see a downside... Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#39 Tip

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 08:52 PM

Several years ago, back in the 70s if I recall correctly, I read an article about a Russian General that theorized that the US would ultimately break up into six or seven smaller sub units.  East coast, West coast, Midwest, Alaska Northern, between the mountain ranges,  deep south, etc.  At the time, I thought the guy was nuts, but as time goes by and the issues dividing us become more pronounced, his predictions seem more and more likely.  

Which would suck for us being part of the liberal bastion we call Illinois. 

Actually probably not.
Illinois would be part of the Midwest and the liberals likely would be forced into submission.
Perhaps Chicago could become a walled city, a la Berlin, part of the East Coast insanity.....
Never Engage in a Battle of Wits with an unarmed person.

#40 Xwing

• Members
  • 8,596 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 07:54 AM

Hey... We've already been split three times! First we were part of Puntnam Co. Then Lake County was taken from Cook... Followed by DuPage. We're still more populous than 28 of the 50 states.

Thank goodness for that!  It's the only way I can live in the Chicagoland suburbs.  When searching for a house, my only requirement was "it cannot be in Cook County".  Although DuPage has moved way too far left (back from when I was growing up here), it is still at least "middle of the road" instead of hard-core leftist.  No gun bans here.  Fewer crazy taxes.  Fewer authoritarian rules.

NRA Lifetime Member
IGOLD 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
CCW - 50 State Firearm Laws: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Posted anti-gun business listing: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Gun Range Tools & Logs: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Illinois Government: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)

#41 yurimodin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 11:12 AM

Several years ago, back in the 70s if I recall correctly, I read an article about a Russian General that theorized that the US would ultimately break up into six or seven smaller sub units.  East coast, West coast, Midwest, Alaska Northern, between the mountain ranges,  deep south, etc.  At the time, I thought the guy was nuts, but as time goes by and the issues dividing us become more pronounced, his predictions seem more and more likely.  

Which would suck for us being part of the liberal bastion we call Illinois. 

Actually probably not.
Illinois would be part of the Midwest and the liberals likely would be forced into submission.
Perhaps Chicago could become a walled city, a la Berlin, part of the East Coast insanity.....

been saying for years we should give Chicastro to Canada (so they can get all the govt heathcare&gun control) and then build a giant Berlin wall around it.....

#42 SiliconSorcerer

• Members
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 12:23 PM

Thank goodness for that!  It's the only way I can live in the Chicagoland suburbs.  When searching for a house, my only requirement was "it cannot be in Cook County".  Although DuPage has moved way too far left (back from when I was growing up here), it is still at least "middle of the road" instead of hard-core leftist.  No gun bans here.  Fewer crazy taxes.  Fewer authoritarian rules.

It used to be VERY RIGHT when I moved in, you couldn't find a Democrat they wouldn't even try to knock on a door, then they started sending young kids that didn't know better and I'm sure they still heard a bunch of get the f... of my property.  Now I see signs and it makes me puke.  I'm not afraid I wanted to make one of those with a AR pictured on it and say me neither! 

NRA Benefactor Member

etc etc etc

#43 quackersmacker

• 1,381 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 12:36 PM

Kind of off topic, but not totally, maybe.....   We've been working on moving to Colorado Springs early next summer.  CO Spgs has always been among the most conservative cities in the country.  But their city council just went majority Dumocrat!    And they're even talking about the "Boulderization" of Colorado Springs.    No thanks.  Hello, Tennessee!   85% of the legislature is Republican.   Should be ok for a couple decades.  That outta get me through it.

Life Member --- NRA
Life Member --- Second Amendment Foundation
Member        --- ISRA
Member        --- Single Action Shooting Society    [Lt John Dunbar]
Member        --- Aurora Sportsmen's Club
Member        --- Tri County Gun Club

Fellow Members:  Please consider making at least an annual $25 contribution to this fine organization, which has proven its worth -----and you will then become a member of the Supporting Members Team.   In this case, it's definitely about putting your money where your mouth is!   And, getting results.  Who knows what the future holds.....these may just be some of the best dollars you'll ever spend.

#44 SiliconSorcerer

• Members
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 01:59 PM

Kind of off topic, but not totally, maybe.....   We've been working on moving to Colorado Springs early next summer.  CO Spgs has always been among the most conservative cities in the country.  But their city council just went majority Dumocrat!    And they're even talking about the "Boulderization" of Colorado Springs.    No thanks.  Hello, Tennessee!   85% of the legislature is Republican.   Should be ok for a couple decades.  That outta get me through it.

Very left anymore, almost like Austin Texas...  Queer's and Steers.... 

NRA Benefactor Member

etc etc etc

#45 Buzzard

• Members
  • 9,135 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 02:59 PM

One positive side to Calexit:  There will never be another democrat president.   55 Electoral votes poofed. 

The Democrats in all the other states will not allow it to happen.

#46 quackersmacker

• 1,381 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 06:17 PM

One positive side to Calexit:  There will never be another democrat president.   55 Electoral votes poofed. 

The Democrats in all the other states will not allow it to happen.

THAT is a very astute observation!  They would have everything to lose.  So the libtards will defeat the libtards.  On purpose. Oh, my goodness. 

Life Member --- NRA
Life Member --- Second Amendment Foundation
Member        --- ISRA
Member        --- Single Action Shooting Society    [Lt John Dunbar]
Member        --- Aurora Sportsmen's Club
Member        --- Tri County Gun Club

Fellow Members:  Please consider making at least an annual $25 contribution to this fine organization, which has proven its worth -----and you will then become a member of the Supporting Members Team.   In this case, it's definitely about putting your money where your mouth is!   And, getting results.  Who knows what the future holds.....these may just be some of the best dollars you'll ever spend.

#47 BeardswithoutOperators

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 06:55 PM

Lol in agreement to let them leave, they must construct a huge wall that they can't get over around their borders before we let them secede. That way they can wallow in their own filth for a while. This is coming from a guy who was born on a military base out there.

We shall see how they cope without all the water, energy, and military that we provide them. The majority of their taxes is paid by roughly 2,500 people out of 40 million. Wonder if we can film the next fury road once those 2,500 leave :P
"You can tell a man by the kind of handgun he carries."

Regarding Pokemon Go:
"Nintendo did in 1 week what Michelle Obama couldn't do in 8 years with getting children off their a** to walk around"

#48 C0untZer0

Contributing Member in Arrears

• Members
  • 12,317 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 08:57 AM

I think I've seen somewhere before how it goes when leftists take over a territory and implement their policies...

Oh Ya !  That's right - Venezuela !

Mayor Bloomberg himself has recently turned his attention from oversize soft drinks to gun control, confirming the tendency of the Progressive to go from nanny to tyrant.
- N. A. Halkides -

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users