Far Left Columnist predicts Rittenhouse will Walk

Lou

Two things I noticed right away, there might be more....

First of all, Eric, the AR that Kyle had is NOT a weapon of war. You are supposed to be a journalist, stop mis-using the tools of your trade, i.e. words.

Secondly, the convicted felon that had the pistol.....was waving it around in a manner to be seen as threatening....a shift of less than a few degrees of an angle (bend your wrist enough to type the letter p, then the letter b with your right hand.) is enough to make the difference between a kill shot and a miss. Kyle was in danger of losing his life while on the ground. Since you were not there, you have zero right to assert what might or might not happen. You can only posit a theory.

Aside from that, you are correct....Kyle will most likely walk. He might get a reduced sentence for the first thing you mentioned.....and IF the gov'ner of Wisconsin has the brains of at least a gnat, he'll pardon Kyle before the ink is dry on the judge's paperwork.

JMHO

I don't think the defense would even need to rely on jury nullification. Andrew Branca (if you're a paid member of the Law of Self-Defense, you can see his breakdown) has a pretty detailed analysis showing self-defense--even the complaint includes elements that are indicative of self-defense, which would only leave the 'minor in possession' charge as valid, and there may be some solid defense in that area, too.

Still, it's somewhat nice to see that even a leftist can see that politically-motivated charges to try to appease a mob are not going to stand in the cool light of reason.

Zorn is usually so biased that this was refreshing to read.

He cannot help himself though. The large photo accompanying the article shows Rittenhouse being struck with the skateboard on the side of the neck, a serious place to be hit. Directly under the photo Zorn claims he was struck in the shoulder. (Sigh).

Archived