Need opinions on AR configuration

rott

That alng with their srew in place of a front take down pin, another move to pacify the antis I never have and never will own onw. If someone gave one to me i would sell it and use the money to by one from Illinois or the parts to build one

Do they still make them with different take down pins, or did they go back?

The take down pins are now standard.

I will tell you that i hate Colt, ever since 1993 when they quit selling carbines with collaspable stocks to civys as capitulation to the antis i have never forgiven them

That alng with their srew in place of a front take down pin, another move to pacify the antis I never have and never will own onw. If someone gave one to me i would sell it and use the money to by one from Illinois or the parts to build one

Sent from my ipad poolside

I felt that way for a while too. However, Colt (imho) has recently made great efforts to serve the civilian shooter with non neutered rifles. heck, in addition to the fully functional guns they even came out with a Cali legal gun.

There are many companies that have sold us out in the past to protect their interests. I remember S&W on everyone's S*** list during the Clinton admin and the name Bill Ruger is still a 4 letter word in my book. However, all of these companies in their current incarnations are making good products and actively supporting the shooting sports so I'm willing to give them a chance.

Do some research on m4carbine.net. The senior posters on that site really know their stuff and there are plenty of threads comparing the various makers.

I priced out a build but decided it wasnt worth it. I bought a Colt 6920 and never looked back.

For what it's worth, I priced out a build and saw the same thing anyone does when considering the cost ecomony between DIY vs. Off the shelf....

DIY is usually more expensive. It is a great option for anyone wanting a certain uncommon or custom configuration.

My first (and still only) AR-15 I built from parts.....I think I have something like 975 into the thing...

and was it worth it!

I have first hand experience with every single aspect of that gun/platform!

It was a phenominal experience, and additional money i spend from building vs buying was worth the price of education and skill building!

good luck whichever way you decide to go.

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk12/Bjmcdonald/MISC/IMG_0530.jpg

That's beautiful. I realize it's a tool, but I always wondered why you more wood versions weren't available. Gorgeous.

Archived