IGOLD 4/25/2018

Xwing

It was a good day for IGOLD! Thank you to everyone who stopped by the IllinoisCarry table. It was great to see old friends and great to meet some new ones face to face! Thank you for supporting IllinoisCarry by purchasing a cap, t-shirt, buttons, bumper sticker, or donating.

Thank you to Howie and his lovely wife for all the help at the IllinoisCarry table!!

Thank all who entered the 50/50 drawing too! The winner is SleepingBirdDog who won $185!

It was great to be there. In case anyone here saw the three-year old girl running around crazily to the right of the march, :whistle: :blush:

I believe the turnout this year was better than last year. But still, what a change from when busses where available 3 years ago. I'm not sure if they can find a way to make them more self-funding (e.g. contributions from bus riders), but I would recommend ISRA to pull out all the stops to get the busses from Chicagoland --> Springfield back next year. I think it honestly doubles the volume of attendees...

My wife and I went for our first time for both. We had a good time, but need to do some homework for next year. She injured her leg a couple of weeks ago. We went directly from the parking garage to seats in the BOS, so she could do the march. Next year we will be able to checkout the Illinois Carry booth and others.

After the march the only office that we could find was Cullerton's and that was a fluke. Our Senator's, Mike Connelly, office is 309I. I have no idea what the I or other letters for office locations stand for.

​My wife's leg was hurting, so we did not even consider going to Jeanne Ives office in the Stratton building. I walked back to the parking garage and drove back to the capital and picked her up.

​I do not mean to sound like a complainer. The first time for anything can be confusing. We plan to go again next year. If anyone can explain the layout of the Capital building or know where to find a map, I would appreciate the information.

​I did see one negative action by one of our group. While we were waiting to go in to the Capitol, we saw a couple of people looking our way from the roof of the Stratton building. Without knowing if they were friend, foe, or neutral one of the older members of the group flipped them the bird. That is rather juvenile for someone with gray hair. They were probably too far away for them to see him well, if they were even looking at him. It does reflect poorly on our group, though.

My wife and I went for our first time for both. We had a good time, but need to do some homework for next year. She injured her leg a couple of weeks ago. We went directly from the parking garage to seats in the BOS, so she could do the march. Next year we will be able to checkout the Illinois Carry booth and others.

After the march the only office that we could find was Cullerton's and that was a fluke. Our Senator's, Mike Connelly, office is 309I. I have no idea what the I or other letters for office locations stand for.

​My wife's leg was hurting, so we did not even consider going to Jeanne Ives office in the Stratton building. I walked back to the parking garage and drove back to the capital and picked her up.

​I do not mean to sound like a complainer. The first time for anything can be confusing. We plan to go again next year. If anyone can explain the layout of the Capital building or know where to find a map, I would appreciate the information.

I'm sure there are good sources for Capitol and Stratton building layouts, but I've also found that pretty much any random staffer will be more than happy to point you in the right direction. The Capitol layout is sufficiently bizarre that you may need to ask once or twice more along the way but you'll get there eventually.

Another tip, if you're not able to stand in line for long periods of time, is to enter via one of the less-obvious entrances to the Stratton building. Also, there is a cafeteria in the basement of that building where you can sit for a while if need be. Food is, well, it is what it is, but it's good enough and out of the traffic. A tunnel gets you to the Capitol when you're ready to take that on.

​I did see one negative action by one of our group. While we were waiting to go in to the Capitol, we saw a couple of people looking our way from the roof of the Stratton building. Without knowing if they were friend, foe, or neutral one of the older members of the group flipped them the bird. That is rather juvenile for someone with gray hair. They were probably too far away for them to see him well, if they were even looking at him. It does reflect poorly on our group, though.

I was standing in line waiting to get into the capital and we all noticed those people on the roof. the person in front of me asked one of the capital police what that was all about. the officer didn't really want to say too much but mentioned that they were watching for trouble BUT NOT FROM US. so I assume they were looking for Antifa type counter protestors, and judging by all the vehicles blocking the road half a block away during speeches in front of the building possibly a nut in a vehicle ???? The old fool that flipped them off gave the bird to the cops looking out for us. Unfortunately there's always one loser that makes everyone look bad.

It was great to be there. In case anyone here saw the three-year old girl running around crazily to the right of the march, :whistle: :blush:

HaHa! yes I saw both of you. I was on the right side edge carrying an early American flag and your little girl ran out right in front of me. She was having a good time too! It's cool when you get to see people that you only know by screen names ^_^

It was a good day for IGOLD! Thank you to everyone who stopped by the IllinoisCarry table. It was great to see old friends and great to meet some new ones face to face! Thank you for supporting IllinoisCarry by purchasing a cap, t-shirt, buttons, bumper sticker, or donating.

Thank you to Howie and his lovely wife for all the help at the IllinoisCarry table!!

Thank all who entered the 50/50 drawing too! The winner is SleepingBirdDog who won $185!

:D

Thanks, Molly B! I was very surprised to get that call.

It was nice to see a much better turnout at IGOLD than previous years.

Does anyone know the name of the Gentleman that was speaking at the BOS Center, that was setting up meetings with our local reps? I am interested in signing up to join a meeting with my local reps

Mr. Potts

he can be reached @

William Potts Jr

<bpotts@isra.org>

Thank you for the information Captainskullet.

Archived