New bill

ThePuzzledGunner

In various feeds I have read, they have combined H.R. 38 (Reciprocity) with the "Fix NICS" bill and this is a very bad bill. "Fix NICS" has support from, among others, Diane Feinstein, Nancy Pelosi, and the Brady VPC.

If that isn't enough to scare you, you may be already dead.

Lots of discussion on that in this thread:

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=67282&hl=

“Fix NICS” mandates federal agencies comply with existing law, and encourage states to participate in reporting to NICS people who are already prohibited persons under the current law.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok now if it does end up being like "The bill ensures all law-abiding Americans who qualify for concealed carry permits in their state can exercise their 2A rights in any state", say if i moved to indiana and obtained a ccw there then moved back to Illinois, would my old ccw from indiana stay valid in Illinois becuase i was a resident of indiana or would i have to reapply in Illinois once i move back?

Just looking for possible loophole. Voluntarily went to rehab last year becuase of a drinking problem, been clean ever since but lost my 2a rights for 5 years in the process. My buddy lives in indiana and never had a problem getting a ccw after rehab.

If it passes, just get an AZ DL. Valid until you're 65, and you'd be able to carry (and drive) in all 50! No stupid renewals on DL AND CWP every couple years too!

edit: I must say/admit though, I REALLY hope this one does NOT pass - not with this HR 4477 crap (er whatever the number was from the fix ncis bill)!

Archived