The Police officer who shot her neighbor nobody asks the right question

CHICAGO HANDGUN OWNER

I have trouble believing this story. I think it is fake news. How does one tenant of an apartment complex access the apartment of another tenants apartment? Do they have universal keys?????? Why don't they ask this question????? It does not add up to reality!

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/amber-guyger-trial-dallas-officer-who-shot-neighbor-testifies-in-own-defense-today-2019-09-27/

I read somewhere that the strike plate was damaged (had a bow to it, maybe?) and the bolt didn't always engage. The same article said they had fobs and, when investigators tested them, hers caused a red light on the lock to flash and his caused a green light to flash. Didn't she say the door was slightly ajar?

I've come home and shut the door only to find out later it hadn't fully latched. It's usually when I've had my hands full and just nudged it with my shoulder or foot, but it's happened.

I've lived in apartments, too. I didn't say he intentionally left his door ajar. I said it's been reported that the door may have been damaged. He may very well have thought it was locked. We'll likely never know.

You can't make blanket statements that everyone locks their door when they come home or that most people take showers when they get home from work. Everyone has their own routine.

The door was unlocked.

I don't believe the door was unlocked. I didn't see that in the story either. The first thing you do when you enter your apartment is lock the door. Nobody leaves their apartment door unlocked.

I checked into a hotel Wednesday, the door to my room was not locked. My car door didn't lock Friday afternoon though I always lock it. I leave my back door unlocked often, especially when expecting company.

Yea it says that her key worked but I don't believe it. Just because the media reports something doesn't mean its true. I think the story is a Psyop

Yea it says that her key worked but I don't believe it. Just because the media reports something doesn't mean its true. I think the story is a Psyop

It doesn't say her key worked. It says the door wasn't entirely closed and her putting the key in the lock and pushing caused it to open. From the article:

"Police said Guyger, who lived on the third floor, used her key with an electronic chip to enter Jean’s fourth-floor apartment, but his door wasn’t entirely closed, so the force of the officer putting her key inside allowed her to access the residence, according to an arrest warrant affidavit written by the Texas Rangers."

There was a fire in one unit of a condo complex a few years back, fire department broke down most of the doors in other units as a safety check, 50-100 units, later discovered 14 were unlocked.

Said it before, witnessed a newsworthy event once. News report was a complete 180 of what I saw and heard. People hear and see different things, stress (adrenaline) makes this and memory different.

The door was unlocked.

I don't believe the door was unlocked. I didn't see that in the story either. The first thing you do when you enter your apartment is lock the door. Nobody leaves their apartment door unlocked.

Did you listen to her testify that the door was slightly ajar when she went to unlock the door? I got that from the link you posted.

The narrative is that White Police Officers are killing African Americans unjustly all the time.

She screwed up. It happens. Probably a lot more than a vast conspiracies that make little sense and have even less motivation.

The "narrative" that it was a planned white cop execution of a black man can be wrong and she can still have screwed up and been at fault. They aren't mutually exclusive. Don't let someone eles's lack of rationality cause you to abandon your own.

Case by case basis. This was a bad shoot. Has no relevance to other incidents.

Research this: https://www.congress.gov/bill/112th-congress/house-bill/5736/text We hear lies to manipulate the general public on the news all the time. The CIA has stated their mission is not complete until everything the American public believes is a lie. Read this: https://www.globalresearch.ca/1975-video-cia-admits-to-congress-the-agency-uses-mainstream-media-to-distribute-disinformation/5424860

The designer of maze of an apartment also is to blame as well since not only did it contribute to an overworked cop mistakenly shooting an innocent man it also delayed the victim getting medical care since the first responders were reportedly lost in the maze as well. I hope this apartment complex does not claim too many lives due to the maze like design.

Working almost 14 hours contributed significantly to her entering the wrong apartment. In fact I heard on the news that the responding first responders had trouble finding their way to the apartment as well. How can she being overworked be expected to finder her way when a group of first responder responding could not?

She went to the wrong floor. She probably gave the wrong floor (her own) when she reported it.

... Do they have universal keys?????? Why don't they ask this question????? ...

"Master" keys can exist for electronic locks just like for pin and tumbler locks, but that isn't what happened here.

Not to be alarmist, but electronic locks can fail because the electronics themselves fail. I once worked at a place with electronic keycard locks on the doors and discovered there was a door that unlocked when any key was inserted in it, not just the one and only one that was supposed to unlock it.

If you have two solutions for any problem, one low tech and the other high tech, and if reliability is essential, it usually pays to go low tech.

The whole story is unreal. Its more like an episode of the Twilight Zone. After the Mike Brown "hands up don't shoot" media disinformation lie I don't believe any of these stories.

What do you believe?

It would be rather irrational to believe that everyone concerned and reporting on this or any matter could successfully be telling the same lie!

In Ferguson, "The Media" got it right... it would have been irresponsible to take one side over the other.

The lies of BLM were uncovered. We covered the heavily armed private (volunteer) ex-military security teams protecting businesses. I got to go out with them a couple times. We interviewed the mom and stepdad (-ish) and told her point of view. We interviewed the protestors. The cops holding the line. Business owners trying to make ends meet. We interviewed folks from all facets of the story and reported what their points of view were.

What do you believe???

*I prefer we be referred to as "Working Press".

**I had more than just a couple beers at Ferguson Brewing... I like beer. We all drank beer. Great beer.

We return now to our regularly scheduled impeachment which will eclipse most other news coverage at some point...

Posted · Hidden by Molly B., September 29, 2019 at 12:50 AM - No reason given
Hidden by Molly B., September 29, 2019 at 12:50 AM - No reason given

There’s a name for this I just can’t remember the correct term

The one where someone doesn’t believe anything and that everything is a cover up

No one tells the truth ‘cept them

If you read it in print it has to be made up

If it’s on the internet it’s very true

And all this is bouncing around inside a cranium cavity with the erased Nixon tapes!

Posted · Hidden by Molly B., September 29, 2019 at 12:50 AM - No reason given
Hidden by Molly B., September 29, 2019 at 12:50 AM - No reason given

There’s a name for this I just can’t remember the correct term

The one where someone doesn't believe anything and that everything is a cover up

Paranoia?

No one tells the truth 'cept them

Borderline personality disorder?

The whole story is unreal. Its more like an episode of the Twilight Zone. After the Mike Brown "hands up don't shoot" media disinformation lie I don't believe any of these stories.

What do you believe?

It would be rather irrational to believe that everyone concerned and reporting on this or any matter could successfully be telling the same lie!

In Ferguson, "The Media" got it right... it would have been irresponsible to take one side over the other.

The lies of BLM were uncovered. We covered the heavily armed private (volunteer) ex-military security teams protecting businesses. I got to go out with them a couple times. We interviewed the mom and stepdad (-ish) and told her point of view. We interviewed the protestors. The cops holding the line. Business owners trying to make ends meet. We interviewed folks from all facets of the story and reported what their points of view were.

What do you believe???

*I prefer we be referred to as "Working Press".

**I had more than just a couple beers at Ferguson Brewing... I like beer. We all drank beer. Great beer.

We return now to our regularly scheduled impeachment which will eclipse most other news coverage at some point...

When it comes to mainstream news I believe the weather report. All other news stories are suspect. We know that they use fake stories to manipulate public opinion. We know that they spin stories and many times invent stories out right. In the Ferguson case Mike brown attacked the officer and tried to get his gun while he was sitting in his car. (attempted murder) He was shot and then ran away then came back and charged the officer. There was no surrender with his hands up this was all media spin. Here in Chicago we are constantly hearing about a push for gun control every time there is a shooting. We hear that we must get the guns off the street but no media mention the real cause of all the violence which is children being raised in Fatherless homes and lack of moral values. Bad moral values are the cause of all the murders in Chicago.

Archived