Iroquois County Passes Resolution opposing gun bills

Molly B.

For immediate release

The Iroquois County Board has just passed the attached resolution opposing the gun control legislation being discussed by the Illinois General Assembly.

The County of Iroquois firmly believes and supports the the 2nd Amendment and strongly encourages other counties to join us in telling the Illinois General Assembly to stop infringing on the rights of our citizens.

Certified copies of this resolution will be sent to the Governor of Illinois and the Illinois General Assembly.

Chad McGinnis

District 1

Iroquois County Board

Insanity hasnt spread to all of Illinois.

Symbolism maybe. Sanctuary Gun county, sure. We will welcome you.

The point is we as elected county government must let Springfield know thru official resloutions. Cook county/Chicago does it regularly.

I felt we must do something to send a strong official message. No different than going to an IGOLD rally.

It's what I was elected to do. And it passed unanimously!

Hey, guess what? The Cook County Board is going to pass a surprise resolution that states that "The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" means exactly that, and that any measures that contradict that are to be prosecuted as Class X felonies. They're going to announce the release of the resolution in 18 days!

Hey, guess what? The Cook County Board is going to pass a surprise resolution that states that "The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" means exactly that, and that any measures that contradict that are to be prosecuted as Class X felonies. They're going to announce the release of the resolution in 18 days!

I I see what you did there. A clever way to avoid wasting your supply of purple.

Symbolism maybe. Sanctuary Gun county, sure. We will welcome you.

The point is we as elected county government must let Springfield know thru official resloutions. Cook county/Chicago does it regularly.

I felt we must do something to send a strong official message. No different than going to an IGOLD rally.

It's what I was elected to do. And it passed unanimously!

Are you talking to other Counties? (please) to get them on board as well?

For immediate release

The Iroquois County Board has just passed the attached resolution opposing the gun control legislation being discussed by the Illinois General Assembly.

The County of Iroquois firmly believes and supports the the 2nd Amendment and strongly encourages other counties to join us in telling the Illinois General Assembly to stop infringing on the rights of our citizens.

Certified copies of this resolution will be sent to the Governor of Illinois and the Illinois General Assembly.

Chad McGinnis

District 1

Iroquois County Board

attachicon.gifIroquois County Resolution opposing current firearm bills_.pdf

One down - only 101 to go.

Archived