Couple draws guns at crowd in St Louis

Euler

AP News

A white couple stood outside their mansion and pointed guns at protesters in St. Louis as the group marched toward the mayor's home to demand her resignation. Police said people in the crowd yelled threats at the couple.

Mark McCloskey, 63, told a TV station that he and wife, Patricia, both personal injury lawyers, were facing an "angry mob" on their private street and feared for their lives Sunday night.

No charges were brought against them. Police said they were still investigating but labeled it a case of trespassing and assault by intimidation against the couple by protesters in the racially diverse crowd.

The marchers were angry at Mayor Lyda Krewson for reading aloud the names and addresses of several residents who wrote letters calling for defunding the police department. The group of at least 500 people chanted, "Resign, Lyda! Take the cops with you!" news outlets reported.

A social media video showed Mark McCloskey and his 61-year-old wife standing outside their Renaissance palazzo-style home in the city's well-to-do Central West End neighborhood. He could be heard yelling while holding a long-barreled gun. His wife stood next to him with a handgun.

Police said the couple had heard a loud commotion in the street and saw a large group of people break an iron gate marked with "No Trespassing" and "Private Street" signs.

Police said the man and woman told the marchers to leave because they were on a private street. But people in the crowd yelled obscenities and threats, police said. The man and woman said they saw people who were armed, so they armed themselves and called police, according to authorities.

Krewson has faced demands for her resignation after a Facebook Live briefing on Friday where the white mayor read the names of those wanting to defund the police force. The video was removed and Krewson apologized the same day, saying she didnt intend to cause distress.

The names and letters are considered public records, but Krewson's actions caused a heavy backlash.

Krewson, a longtime alderwoman, was elected St. Louis' first female mayor in 2017 by pledging to work to reduce crime and improve poor neighborhoods. She and her two young children were in the car in front of their home in 1995 when her husband, Jeff, was slain during a carjacking attempt.

Homicides have spiked in recent years in St. Louis, which annually ranks among the most violent cities in the nation.

Interesting...

Police investigating armed couple in St. Louis are considering the incident ‘fourth-degree assault by intimidation’ — by the protesters

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/06/29/police-investigating-armed-couple-in-st-louis-are-considering-the-incident-fourth-degree-assault-by-intimidation-by-the-protesters/

I know these folks. Not close friends by any stretch, but have known at least the husband 30 years+

Funny thing is these folks have always been as liberal as can be, never seeing a liberal cause they did not embrace. Last time I knew they were in favor of gun control, as well, which likely explains the poor gun handling, these are probably recent purchases.

Still, must not be fun to be them

I know these folks. Not close friends by any stretch, but have known at least the husband 30 years+

Funny thing is these folks have always been as liberal as can be, never seeing a liberal cause they did not embrace. Last time I knew they were in favor of gun control, as well, which likely explains the poor gun handling, these are probably recent purchases.

Still, must not be fun to be them

It has been reported that they are registered Democrats and donate to the Democrat party.

The mob lost their protester status when they destroyed property and trespassed on private property, then threaten the owners. They then became criminals who should be arrested and prosecuted to the fullest.

Hmmmm.....

Seems the homeowners just lost their liberal status as well...

(If its true they are dyed in the wool liberals....

Seems the next cocktail party is going to be interesting....)

This may very well be another example of the left eating themselves...

BRAVO!!!! I wonder if they need help defending their property- since the police wont help "We The People" can!

Nope, not defending a bunch of liberals. We the people will not be helping out because it may violate anti militia laws these people work so hard to pass.

https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/st-louis-state-senate-candidate-not-keeping-gun-toting-lawyer-s-campaign-contribution/article_d5646fbd-df82-5fd1-9683-0b90369825a6.html

The Mccloskeys are DNC donors, even to Moms Demand Action endorsed candidates. Day after day these people are getting what they deserve. Let them live in the fear they thought they were immune to living in a gated community.

While charges likely arent warranted I hope they get absolutely destroyed in the court of public opinion. Starting with their terrible trigger discipline.

Mark-McCloskey-and-Patricia-McCloskey-Ho

BRAVO!!!! I wonder if they need help defending their property- since the police wont help "We The People" can!

Nope, not defending a bunch of liberals. We the people will not be helping out because it may violate anti militia laws these people work so hard to pass.

https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/st-louis-state-senate-candidate-not-keeping-gun-toting-lawyer-s-campaign-contribution/article_d5646fbd-df82-5fd1-9683-0b90369825a6.html

The Mccloskeys are DNC donors, even to Moms Demand Action endorsed candidates. Day after day these people are getting what they deserve. Let them live in the fear they thought they were immune to living in a gated community.

While charges likely arent warranted I hope they get absolutely destroyed in the court of public opinion. Starting with their terrible trigger discipline.

Mark-McCloskey-and-Patricia-McCloskey-Ho

WOW! Un *** believable! Thank you for sharing!

While they are totally undisciplined in firearms safety I applaud them for standing up to an angry crowd of would-be rioters The concept is simple enough, remember that the bullet comes out of the end with the hole in it, and you want that to be in the direction of the threat. Be careful not to shoot it by accident.
I don't care if they never held a firearm in their life up to that point. Everyone has the right to defend their pursuit of life liberty and happiness

While they are totally undisciplined in firearms safety I applaud them for standing up to an angry crowd of would-be rioters The concept is simple enough, remember that the bullet comes out of the end with the hole in it, and you want that to be in the direction of the threat. Be careful not to shoot it by accident.

I don't care if they never held a firearm in their life up to that point. Everyone has the right to defend their pursuit of life liberty and happiness

This. Regardless of the poor handling, it worked. The criminal animals destroyed a locked gate to enter the property. There was nothing peaceful about that. Who knows what they might have done to the house or worse, the residents inside. I'd say they did a good job and got the end result they wanted and in the end no one got hurt, physically.

Rather than turn our backs on them like it seems some of their "friends"are, it may be a good time to receive them into our community with open arms, if they understand our side and are Second Amendment converts.

Not everyone defending their home with a gun is a good guy. We as the 2nd amendment community look at situations like these very black and white without acknowledging the more complex societal rot that got them there.

The Mccloskeys bought that house chasing ambulances. Among those they hitched a ride to was police brutality lawsuits. Nothing wrong with suing the police department if youre doing it for the community. Instead the Mccloskeys were parasites making money off that community and the taxpayers. Rather than giving back they take that money to build private walls, disarm other people, and point guns at the community and protestors they claim to help. https://twitter.com/robertdedwards/status/1277650481645596674

Worse, they are continuing to silence grievances by perpetuating the myth of peaceful black protestors vs white agitators. This has been the scapegoat of these liberals to dodge the responsibilities of the racist systems theyve created, passing the blame onto less enlightened white people.

I don't know but isn't this the entire aristocratic vision of the liberals? Naturally, in this situation, the disarmed peasants are being unruly, but seeing only they have weapons, they will survive another day to rule again. I'm not sure embracing them is going to do anything for us - As we are the peasants.

Exactly!

The Mccloskeys definitely have the privilege to choose their neighbors and their community, and their donor records show NIMBY Liberal tendencies. Which brings up the reason these protestors were there in the first place.

Lyda Krewson, the mayor of St Louis, rose to political notoriety by running a campaign AGAINST conceal carry. Krewson believes the only people who should have guns are the police. She doxed a bunch of her constituents to make them feel fear in hopes theyd reevaluate supporting the police. Whether you agree or not with the people who signed the petition this Dem politician is inciting terrorism against constituents that disagree with her, while at the same time advocating for citizens disarmament.

Second Amendment Rights are blind in my world. They see neither political affiliation nor skin color as qualifiers for participation. I have ran a few hundred people through my concealed carry classes and while I do not know how the majority votes, I do know that I have trained a LOT of Democrats and a LOT of Republicans. I find it very naive to believe that owning a firearm will somehow turn a person's political priorities 180 degrees. I live in a rural area where its hard to tell the Liberals from the Conservatives without yard signs. Both parties know that the police are probably not going to be there in an emergency and firearm ownership is common.

Archived