Photo

States That Will Honor Illinois Carry License

• Please log in to reply
297 replies to this topic

#271 Gamma

• Members
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 10:56 AM

West Virginia "constitutional carry" took effect yesterday. Must be 21 or older, 18-20 still needs a recognized permit.

Edited by Gamma, 25 May 2016 - 10:57 AM.

Illinois' FCCA is a prime example of the maxim that sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice.

#272 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 14,630 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 04:23 PM

West Virginia "constitutional carry" took effect yesterday. Must be 21 or older, 18-20 still needs a recognized permit.

Added to the list.  Who would have ever thought 3 yrs into the new law and our license would be recognized by this many states?!

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#273 Tango7

• Members
  • 4,687 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 04:23 PM

Added to the list.  Who would have ever thought 3 yrs into the new law and our license would be recognized by this many states?!

I'm sure {D}a usual suspects are livid.
You will not 'rise to the occasion', you will default to your level of training - plan accordingly.

Despite their rallying around us at election time, honoring only 8 hours of Illinois' 40+ hour law enforcement class towards a 16 hour requirement shows the contempt that our elected officials hold us in.

#274 Mack_Lyon

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 11:36 AM

Has anyone put in an application for the Florida CCL?

Foid

Applied (6/2/2016)

Active (6/22/2016)

In Hand (7/11/2016)

CCL

Applied W/Prints  (6/13/2016)

QC Verified (6/22/2016)

Approved (7/20/2016)

Active (7/20/2016)

In Hand (723/2016)

Springfield Armory XDS .45

Springfield Armory XD Mod .2 (.45 ACP)

Glock 17

Concealment Express

#275 Glock23

I am no one.

• Supporting Members Team
  • 3,790 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 11:42 AM

I'd wager there's a large percentage of the membership here who have a Florida non-resident permit, myself included.

** Illinois Carry - Supporting Member

** National Association for Gun Rights - Frontline Defender

** Illinois State Rifle Association - 3 year Member

** National Rifle Association - Patron Life Member

#276 Mack_Lyon

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 11:50 AM

I'd wager there's a large percentage of the membership here who have a Florida non-resident permit, myself included.

How'd you go about that process? I've been sort of looking into it but am unsure of how to do so.

Foid

Applied (6/2/2016)

Active (6/22/2016)

In Hand (7/11/2016)

CCL

QC Verified (6/22/2016)

Approved (7/20/2016)

Active (7/20/2016)

In Hand (723/2016)

Glock 17

Concealment Express

#277 Glock23

I am no one.

• 3,790 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 12:01 PM

How'd you go about that process? I've been sort of looking into it but am unsure of how to do so.

Here ya go.

Should have everything you need there, but you're welcome to ask specific questions if you need.  Just FYI, if you have your Illinois CCL already, the training you took is sufficient to get your Florida permit.

#278 Mack_Lyon

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 12:17 PM

Thanks A ton @Glock23, I had known our CCL cert was good for Florida, but I was unsure about how to apply for Florida's. Thank you!

Foid

Applied (6/2/2016)

Active (6/22/2016)

In Hand (7/11/2016)

CCL

QC Verified (6/22/2016)

Approved (7/20/2016)

Active (7/20/2016)

In Hand (723/2016)

Glock 17

Concealment Express

#279 Glock23

I am no one.

• 3,790 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 12:18 PM

Thanks A ton @Glock23, I had known our CCL cert was good for Florida, but I was unsure about how to apply for Florida's. Thank you!

Not a problem!

And if I recall correctly, it generally takes around 60 days.

#280 Kaeghl

• Members
  • 2,383 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 11:53 AM

If I recall, the biggest problem with getting the Florida permit is finding a police station that will do the fingerprint cards. Some do, some don't. And double check the instructions about filling out the agency's info......

#281 gLockedandLoaded

• Members
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 12:45 PM

If I recall, the biggest problem with getting the Florida permit is finding a police station that will do the fingerprint cards. Some do, some don't. And double check the instructions about filling out the agency's info......

Yep that's my issue right now...with time being so limited.

#282 RacerDave6

• 3,359 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 12:57 PM

I went to FL and did mine. Much more enjoyable doing it that way. Had the license in 23 days.
Firearms are not a talisman against evil. When used properly, they are an antidote to evil. T.Dunn

"Shoot the bad guy and keep shooting him until he stops doing whatever it
was that got him shot in the first place."

Match Director-IDPA at ASC
United States Riflemans Asscn instructor
NRA Certified instructor
NRA & ISRA member
Illinois Firearm Concealed Carry License instructor

#283 junglebob

• 5,933 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 05:47 PM

If you are in Southern Illinois you could go to Murphysboro Police Department they will do it without appointment.  Warning they charge $5 for doing prints. Yes 5 dollars. They won't fuss because the prints are for a LTC either.

Edited by junglebob, 29 June 2016 - 05:49 PM.

Disarming the people (is) the best and most effectual way to enslave them. George Mason

Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrong doers should dominate just men.  -  Augustine

Three school masacres have been stopped by civilians with firearms. Two with handguns and the third by a guy with a shotgun. (Pearl, Ms; Appalacian School of Law; Edinboro,Pa)

#284 Xwing

• Members
  • 8,593 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 08:55 AM

Yes.  There are departments that will, but you have to call around.  And the instructions are not intuitive for filling out the card.  But both minor problems. :)

NRA Lifetime Member
IGOLD 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
CCW Laws: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Posted anti-gun business listing: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Gun Range Tools & Logs: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Illinois Government: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)

#285 Gamma

• Members
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 10:44 PM

Virgina's change to "recognize all permits" goes into effect today (July 1, 2016).
Illinois' FCCA is a prime example of the maxim that sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice.

#286 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 14,630 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 10:25 AM

Added to the list!

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#287 Hawkeye

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 05:04 PM

Is Colorado not the same as what is listed for Wyoming....

Does not recognize Illinois CC license, but allows open carry?

Perhaps that isn't correct, but that was my understanding four years ago when I went for an elk hunt.

#288 Glock23

I am no one.

• 3,790 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 11:59 PM

Is Colorado not the same as what is listed for Wyoming....

Does not recognize Illinois CC license, but allows open carry?

Perhaps that isn't correct, but that was my understanding four years ago when I went for an elk hunt.

Open carry is allowed outside of Denver County, and you can carry concealed in your car without a permit.

#289 Birdhunter1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 01:32 PM

Just spent a week in Colorado, none of which was near Denver.  Came across one local officer who didn't even acknowledge or make light of the fact I was carrying my full sized Springfield XD. 

It felt very strange open carrying in public, I never had the strange feeling when I started carrying concealed, but open carry just isn't my thing.

#290 thanatos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 11:41 PM

Any Idea if/when Louisiana will accept IL carry permit? I know it does Utah (which I have also) but would like not to carry both cards on me.

Pro 2nd amendment! Patron Member of NRA! Gun Smith

#291 InterestedBystander

• 3,329 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 11:51 PM

Any Idea if/when Louisiana will accept IL carry permit? I know it does Utah (which I have also) but would like not to carry both cards on me.

Not any time soon...Illinois would need to recognize theirs.

http://www.lsp.org/handguns.html

..."RECIPROCITY

Effective August 15, 2004, the concealed handgun laws were amended concerning reciprocity with other states. The statute provides as follows:
"...A current and valid concealed handgun permit issued by another state shall be deemed to be valid within this state if a current and valid concealed handgun permit issued by Louisiana is valid in those states." Louisiana law requires residents of the State of Louisiana to possess a Louisiana permit to carry a concealed weapon in this state. Louisiana law does not prohibit residents from obtaining permits from other states to carry in those states.

Pursuant to R.S. 40:1379.3(T)(1) a valid permit in another state is valid in Louisiana if the issuing state honors concealed handgun permits issued by Louisiana...."
NRA Life Member
ISRA Member

#292 GWBH

Ripcord... This is Alabama - Fire For Effect, Over...

• Members
  • 6,029 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 11:04 AM

There's some confusing reciprocity with Alabama on the USCCA and USA Carry websites as far as if they will honor only an Illinois permit.

USCCA states Alabama will NOT honor only an Illinois CCW. (Nor honor a non-resident permit from Florida)

USA Carry states Alabama WILL honor an Illinois permit.

Arkansas is a toss up!!

FANTASTIC!!

WE NEED NATIONAL RECIPROCITY!!!!

Fire Support Base Ripcord Association - the heroes of the Vietnam War have their names on a wall in Washington, DC
http://www.ripcordassociation.com/

Phil Compton "ishmo", "L" Company 75th Infantry (RANGER) 101st Airborne Division (VietNam 1968 - 1969 / 1970 - 1971 )
A good man, a good soldier, a patriot and a true friend.

PFC Patrick J. Bohan, 101 Pathfinder Detachment, 101st Airborne Division, KIA, July 10, 1970, on FSB Ripcord

#293 Gamma

• Members
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 11:55 AM

Both Alabama and Arkansas recognize all permits (resident or non-resident) for all visitors to their states.

US CCA's website is wrong and should be disregarded.

I would suggest http://handgunlaw.us/as the most consistently correct source of information which also includes links to state information pages. USA Carry's interactive map is better for multiple permits.

http://ago.alabama.g...n-Reprocity-Law

Per Alabama Code Section 13A-11-85, Alabama will recognize any valid out of state carry conceal permit.

http://asp.arkansas....ndgun-licensing

Is my concealed handgun carry license issued in another state honored in Arkansas? Yes, but you are bound by the Arkansas concealed handgun carry law and rules.

#294 GWBH

Ripcord... This is Alabama - Fire For Effect, Over...

• Members
  • 6,029 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 12:42 PM

Gamma,

I went ahead and researched some other sites and you are correct.

Was just getting ready to post that.

Thanks for the clarification and information!!!

Fire Support Base Ripcord Association - the heroes of the Vietnam War have their names on a wall in Washington, DC
http://www.ripcordassociation.com/

Phil Compton "ishmo", "L" Company 75th Infantry (RANGER) 101st Airborne Division (VietNam 1968 - 1969 / 1970 - 1971 )
A good man, a good soldier, a patriot and a true friend.

PFC Patrick J. Bohan, 101 Pathfinder Detachment, 101st Airborne Division, KIA, July 10, 1970, on FSB Ripcord

#295 rpmf08

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 06:24 PM

Sorry if this was already posted, but i like this site: http://handgunlaw.us/

Here is IL page, updated on 1/1/17 (this is posted on the sheet): http://handgunlaw.us...es/illinois.pdf

all associated laws plus what states that honor our permit.  Let me know what you think.

#296 Quiet Observer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:16 PM

Thanks rpmf08,

Most of us are familiar with the site and often cite it here.  The administrator of the site has posted here a few times. 

There can always be new members here who are not familiar with other gun sites. 

Thanks for the contribution and welcome aboard.

#297 Blade13

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 06:32 PM

New Hampshire: Governor Sununu Signs Constitutional Carry Bill Into Law

http://www.thetrutha...tutional-carry/

Will this let us carry in NH now_?

NRA Life Member
ISRA Life Member

#298 kwc

• 3,258 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 09:47 PM

New Hampshire: Governor Sununu Signs Constitutional Carry Bill Into Law
http://www.thetrutha...tutional-carry/

Will this let us carry in NH now_?

My interpretation is "yes." From SB 12:

III. The availability of a license to carry a loaded pistol or revolver under this section or under any other provision of law shall not be construed to impose a prohibition on the unlicensed transport or carry of a firearm in a vehicle, or on or about one’s person, whether openly or concealed, loaded or unloaded, by a resident, nonresident, or alien if that individual is not otherwise prohibited by statute from possessing a firearm in the state of New Hampshire.

"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." - Galations 6:9 (NIV)

"If you can't explain it to a six-year old, you don't understand it yourself." - Albert Einstein (paraphrased)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users