Tribune: Reshaped courts could ease gun laws.

Lou

AP article Printed in todays Chicano Libune

See more in article.

https://www.wftv.com/news/national-news/ap-top-news/reshaping-of-federal-courts-concerns-gun-control-supporters/974796665

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) California has some of the toughest gun laws in the nation, including a ban on the type of high-capacity ammunition magazines used in some of the nations deadliest mass shootings.

How long those types of laws will stand is a growing concern among gun control advocates in California and elsewhere.

A federal judiciary that is becoming increasingly conservative under President Donald Trump and the Republican-controlled U.S. Senate has gun control advocates on edge. They worry that federal courts, especially if Trump wins a second term next year and Republicans hold the Senate, will take such an expansive view of Second Amendment rights that they might overturn strict gun control laws enacted in Democratic-leaning states.

I tried to make things simple and managed to confuse things.

The article in the Tribune used the photo of a 10/22 but because the Tribune article is behind a paywall I linked to the same AP story from a different source. That source used a different photo.

Sorry for the confusion.

Wasn't sure where to post this, seen this topic and it was fresh and somewhat relevant.

And now the Congressional Dems are basically threatening the SCOTUS justices, rule with them or face the consequences...

Their base now has the new rallying cry and protesting orders, all because they can't accept losing an election.

Elections have consequences we all know that, but they apparently do not.

Unbelievable

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/senate-dems-deliver-stunning-warning-to-supreme-court-heal-or-face-restructuring

Several high-profile Senate Democrats warned the Supreme Court in pointed terms this week that it could face a fundamental restructuring if justices do not take steps to "heal" the court in the near future.

The ominous and unusual warning was delivered as part of a brieffiled Monday in a case related to a New York City gun law. Sens. Sheldon Whitehouse, D-R.I., Richard Blumenthal, D-Conn., Mazie Hirono, D-Hawaii, Richard Durbin, D-Ill., and Kirsten Gillibrand, D-N.Y., referenced rulings by the court's conservative majority in claiming it is suffering from some sort of affliction which must be remedied.

"The Supreme Court is not well. And the people know it," the brief said. "Perhaps the Court can heal itself before the public demands it be 'restructured in order to reduce the influence of politics.'"

The last part was quoting language from a Quinnipiac University poll, in which 51 percent favored such restructuring. In the same poll, 55 percent believed the Supreme Court was "motivated by politics" more than by the law.

People on both sides should be appalled and endorse impeachment of any legislator supporting intentionally shaping the court for political reasons in an attempt to deny an enumerated right.

Imagine the can of worms it opens up, if the idiots pull this off as soon as the government flips the court will be re-packed in revenge. The left is scared silly about Roe vs Wade being overturned or Gay Marriage being overturned and thus they should really step back and consider the roadmap they are attempting to draw that would allow even more enumerated rights to be removed by deliberate partisan packing of the court, and a roadmap that doesn't leave any obstacle to remove interpreted rights by the same court packing actions.

It also begs a seperation of powers conflict and might very well invoke a Supreme Court rebutal, especially since they have made it clear their 'intention' is to re-pack the court for nothing but partician reasons, basically they intend to make the Supreme Court nothing but an extension and pawn of Congress and that is a very, very slippy slope to head down.

I just used my 10/22 with 25 round mag as seen in the photo to put a bullet thru the skull of a copperhead at 10'.

My wife picked up some old styrofoam behind our cargo trailer and there it was, all coiled up and hissing. So she is pinned to the back of the trailer, unable to move.

Did I-

* Call the popo and wait for the 25 minute drive to our place in the sticks?

*Have her urinate and gag in her mouth so as to repel the snake's evil intent?

*Apologize and offer the snake a mouse or maybe a job working my chicken coop?

None of the above.

I confirmed the threat, clicked off the safety and sent him to his reward. Posting the photo on Facebook got my wife kicked off as it is illegal to kill snakes here unless they are an immediate threat.....

Archived