Photo

Gun Rights Town Hall - Northlake - Wed. Sept. 25, 6 p.m.

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 16,285 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 08:13 AM

Wednesday, September 25, 2019 at 6 PM – 8 PM

Join us for a discussion to see if it’s possible to find middle ground on an issue as polarizing as gun rights, especially in light of mass shootings in America & ongoing gun violence in our communities. We will also discuss the “Fix The FOID” Act (SB 1966), a bill that aims to strengthen gun licensing laws in Illinois.

Hosted by Friends Who March & Indivisible Oak Park Area
Moderated by Ken Mejia-Beal

Confirmed Panelists:
Kathleen Willis - Illinois State Representative
Dickson Amoah - Illinois Director of National African American Gun Association (NAAGA)
John Gruber - Communications Consultant of Illinois Council Against Handgun Violence
Zachary Draves, Male Ally Community Outreach Advocate, Pillars Community Health
Mark D. Jones, Former Glencoe Police Officer & ATF Special Agent
Michael Brown, President - CEO Security Training Concepts
Ben Ferdinand, Owner, Benjamin Specialties, LLC - Modern Firearms

Event will be updated as more panelists finalized.

Guests will be able to submit questions to the panel on the day of the town hall by submitting in writing to the moderator.

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#2 steveTA84

• Supporting Members Team
  • 5,192 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 08:25 AM

Looks like a stacked panel and pre-selected questions will be taken......

#3 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 16,285 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 08:28 AM

At least some from our side are on the panel!!  Never thought I'd see that happen.

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#4 steveTA84

• 5,192 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 08:33 AM

At least some from our side are on the panel!!  Never thought I'd see that happen.

Hopefully Dickson unleashes on some of them and calls them out for what they really are

And friends who march is Jax West.....

Edited by steveTA84, 31 August 2019 - 08:33 AM.

#5 Black Flag

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 09:08 AM

Will she wear one of her special festive hats?

Posted Image

#6 steveTA84

• 5,192 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 09:19 AM

Will she wear one of her special festive hats?

She’s a strange cookie that’s for sure

#7 357

• 1,724 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 09:55 AM

Hopefully Dickson unleashes on some of them and calls them out for what they really are

Bought and paid and working for Bloomberg.
If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.
James Madison

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
Edmund Burke

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act"
George Orwell

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will loose both"
Benjamin Franklin

#8 steveTA84

• 5,192 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 02:50 PM

I’ll just leave this here :)

https://m.facebook.c...eaction_generic

Warning - language.

Edited by Molly B., 31 August 2019 - 06:15 PM.

#9 InterestedBystander

• 6,803 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 02:54 PM

Not familiar with all the panelists. Are the pro 2A people:

Dickson Amoah - Illinois Director of National African American Gun Association (NAAGA)

The moderator supports Fix the FOID, AWB, appearing in person for licenses, fingerprints, etc
https://kmbfor42.com...ues/gun-policy/

Edited by InterestedBystander, 31 August 2019 - 03:12 PM.

NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
SAF Member
GOA Member
🇺🇸

#10 steveTA84

• 5,192 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 03:48 PM

=68.ARDk1ryPX3b1y16_mIhwTePTOAXZlG3uBcFkA-7DKRehlLTyFpiqwvW4dcR_5b7A1mPbuhwg6DKo4kOazVgFM8ksLycdaiyouCGFZ_OnTnjjygfytl5CSa2_s9nv9J6VNtocNHaRRF6hgm4ZQ70LWpVHHuWPvAabVIDohhMpto6GHHjuMYWH8AdtygKkbTMOMl4l_bRt9-2sbajo9068fj4e8-cOEfGHhR60HLid7sW0yvEU0SQgWQ8YGxTAAnl984Df5UpD52_x1BricibJAcFc4d_2FgQ4QEdxpVyOTHuXTiH2Q__WTzQt6SEgWEMEJrSCLg-JRsN7vL-8rvTN&eid=ARC3ZKzBEXQAkzsmMCskB4QhL2JoYJ8GhjS1HYq-DoVOSg79e9SiNSCc8hxIgtEVgB1PdkfVF_taVIqq]Northlake City Hall

Wednesday, September 25, 2019 at 6 PM 8 PM

Join us for a discussion to see if its possible to find middle ground on an issue as polarizing as gun rights, especially in light of mass shootings in America & ongoing gun violence in our communities. We will also discuss the Fix The FOID Act (SB 1966), a bill that aims to strengthen gun licensing laws in Illinois.
Hosted by Friends Who March & Indivisible Oak Park Area
Moderated by Ken Mejia-Beal
Confirmed Panelists:
Kathleen Willis - Illinois State Representative
John Gruber - Communications Consultant of Illinois Council Against Handgun Violence
Zachary Draves, Male Ally Community Outreach Advocate, Pillars Community Health
Mark D. Jones, Former Glencoe Police Officer & ATF Special Agent
Event will be updated as more panelists finalized.
Guests will be able to submit questions to the panel on the day of the town hall by submitting in writing to the moderator.

Well, heres what the host thinks........

Fq56hNZ.jpg

Keep em talking and they say stupid stuff ;)

Edited by steveTA84, 31 August 2019 - 03:54 PM.

#11 papa

• Members
  • 6,174 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 06:37 PM

I’ll just leave this here :)

https://m.facebook.c...eaction_generic

Warning - language.

Must sign in to facebook. I don't do facebook.

#12 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• 5,263 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 07:02 PM

Paywall
Have all boated who fish?

#13 steveTA84

• 5,192 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 07:39 PM

^^^^

In a nutshell, they got engaged the way our side SHOULD be engaging them (think MikeW’s exchange w/Morrison). They got emotional and their true colors came out. It’s been provided to the panelists on our side.

Stop trying to play nice with the antis. Play to their weakness and get them talking

#14 speedbump

• Members
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 01 September 2019 - 09:21 AM

^^^^
In a nutshell, they got engaged the way our side SHOULD be engaging them (think MikeW’s exchange w/Morrison). They got emotional and their true colors came out. It’s been provided to the panelists on our side.
Stop trying to play nice with the antis. Play to their weakness and get them talking

Agreed. Exploit their emotional immaturity. They "feel", but rarely "think" past pre-programmed talking points.
"The struggle may be a moral one, or it may be a physical one, or it may be both. But it must be a struggle. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will."

~Frederick Douglass~

#15 steveTA84

• 5,192 posts

Posted 01 September 2019 - 11:26 AM

^^^^

Agreed. Exploit their emotional immaturity. They "feel", but rarely "think" past pre-programmed talking points.

Case and point? She went to the “Chicago’s violence is Indiana’s fault” in her thread LOFL!

She got wrecked on her post

#16 steveTA84

• 5,192 posts

Posted 01 September 2019 - 09:22 PM

https://ilwd4cr.home...l-on-guns-9-25/

#17 Ashdump

• 4,804 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 04:40 AM

"middle ground" means they get something, we lose something.

#18 steveTA84

• 5,192 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 07:17 AM

Fun fact: Jax West’s (FWM leader) partner is a member here. Joined in 2011 and has zero posts.......

#19 markthesignguy

S39-(D)D.Harmon(F-) R77-(D)K.Willis(F-)

• 2,957 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 09:05 PM

Fun fact: Jax West’s (FWM leader) partner is a member here. Joined in 2011 and has zero posts.......

So?

We KNOW we are always under enemy surveillance.    She HAD to join to read all the "juicy" stuff in the back room.

Jax's outside statements even BEFORE their marches outside of the Wheaton gun show showed she was monitoring MANY 2a forums.

Frankly I wouldn't be surprised if she was an ISRA member - ANYBODY that can cough up the yearly membership can join.

Heck, there are PLENTY of us whom are (undercover) members of anti-2a loonie organizations. CHEAPEST, FASTEST intel on their intentions.

Edited by markthesignguy, 03 September 2019 - 09:05 PM.

Sign, sign, everywhere a sign......
NRA Life Member
ISRA Life Member

#20 steveTA84

• 5,192 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 10:15 PM

Fun fact: Jax Wests (FWM leader) partner is a member here. Joined in 2011 and has zero posts.......

So?

We KNOW we are always under enemy surveillance.    She HAD to join to read all the "juicy" stuff in the back room.

Jax's outside statements even BEFORE their marches outside of the Wheaton gun show showed she was monitoring MANY 2a forums.

Frankly I wouldn't be surprised if she was an ISRA member - ANYBODY that can cough up the yearly membership can join.

Heck, there are PLENTY of us whom are (undercover) members of anti-2a loonie organizations. CHEAPEST, FASTEST intel on their intentions.
But unlike many other forums, this place doesnt kick them when theyre caught

Edited by steveTA84, 03 September 2019 - 10:15 PM.

#21 mauserme

Eliminating the element of surprise one bill at a time.

• Admin
  • 20,854 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 05:14 AM

Fun fact: Jax Wests (FWM leader) partner is a member here. Joined in 2011 and has zero posts.......

So?

But unlike many other forums, this place doesnt kick them when theyre caught

Edited by steveTA84, Yesterday, 11:15 PM.

I think they kick people who become a problem. Some of the language they use, for example, is simply baiting that kind of response.

I doubt they actually search their member list looking for people to purge. That would be too extreme, even for them.

#22 domin8

Banned!

• Members
  • 7,299 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 05:55 AM

So?

But unlike many other forums, this place doesnt kick them when theyre caughtEdited by steveTA84, Yesterday, 11:15 PM.

I think they kick people who become a problem. Some of the language they use, for example, is simply baiting that kind of response.
I doubt they actually search their member list looking for people to purge. That would be too extreme, even for them.

Then you are wrong. I know people who have to use aliases because their name gets them blocked or removed without a single post. One of these people is an active duty corpsman who served under my wife at one point.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I'm either banned, going to be banned, or just returned from being banned. The truth hurts.

#23 mauserme

Eliminating the element of surprise one bill at a time.

• Admin
  • 20,854 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 06:19 AM

Then you are wrong. I know people who have to use aliases because their name gets them blocked or removed without a single post. One of these people is an active duty corpsman who served under my wife at one point.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

You're OK with that?

#24 steveTA84

• 5,192 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 06:25 AM

[quote name="mauserme" post="1229725" timestamp="1567595678"][quote name="steveTA84" post="1229683" timestamp="1567570542"]
[quote name="markthesignguy" post="1229651" timestamp="1567566308"]
[quote name="steveTA84" post="1229430" timestamp="1567516675"]
[/quote]
So?

[/quote]
But unlike many other forums, this place doesnt kick them when theyre caughtEdited by steveTA84, Yesterday, 11:15 PM.
[/quote]
[/quote]

On a few, once it’s shown/proven that there are infiltrators the members are banned. Been on the opposite end in other forums as well lol.

#25 carry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 02:21 PM

Make NAAGA great again.

#26 InterestedBystander

• 6,803 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 07:47 AM

Two more added to the panel.

Patrick Korellis, NIU Shooting Survivor
Paris Tree Brown, Goodkids Madcity

Guess you cant have enough anti's if you are looking for middle ground /s
NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
SAF Member
GOA Member
🇺🇸

#27 cybermgk

• Members
  • 2,151 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 08:27 AM

True, but

"Join us for a discussion to see if it’s possible to find middle ground on an issue as polarizing as gun rights" and Kathleen Willis - Illinois State Representative are incompatable

ISRA Member

NRA Member

U.S.A.F Veteran

Single Father of 2

#28 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• 5,263 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 08:58 AM

Everyone who can should come out and boo the lying fraud Patrick Korellis.

#29 markthesignguy

S39-(D)D.Harmon(F-) R77-(D)K.Willis(F-)

• 2,957 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 12:44 PM

We have not been paying attention to their "format", which is only handling written questions and THEY get to select WHICH questions they condescend to answer.

We need to get some PRIVATE coordination going as to attendance and submitted questions.

Questions, LOTS of questions that have answers that are embarrassing to them. Multiple submissions of the SAME question, and very similar but differently worded questions.

It would be very telling on a video recording if they have to keep on shuffling and discarding the embarrassing questions.

Remember, this is going to revolve around SB1966.   With the narrow "pass" that got it out of the house, they are probably not going to be able to "shell game" this, too much chance of  not passing another bill number.

Sign, sign, everywhere a sign......
NRA Life Member
ISRA Life Member

#30 steveTA84

• 5,192 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 02:52 PM

Everyone who can should come out and boo the lying fraud Patrick Korellis.

Hes international news now........

And in case you missed it

http://ilwd4cr.home....their-own-game/

Edited by steveTA84, 10 September 2019 - 03:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users