Photo

Under Board Review?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
128 replies to this topic

#121 Mick G

Former Member

• Members
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 09:21 PM

I can't help but be extremely angry reading posts from people with twenty+ 30 day letters and dread having to wait that long after receiving my first UBR letter. I'm confused as to how we currently have a so called Republican Governor and this is still an issue seeing as CCW has been around for a while in Illinois. MollyB mentioned they're working on clearing the backlog. It doesn't seem to be an efficient process due to the amount of time and money that all of us have put into it. We as law abiding and taxpaying citizens deserve better than this ridiculous system, especially those who have been "darted".

Has anyone here had an unusually quick turnaround from being UBR to active? Like in the actual 90 day period?

Apologies for the rant. I know I'm preaching to the coir, we all share this frustration. There has to be something we can do to put an end to this asap. Come together and hire and constitutional lawyer? There is power in numbers. 

I've reached out to lawyers already, one lawyer offered to send a letter to the ISP and board for 800 dollars. But the point is there is no ground really to sue on besides the wait time. The process and legality you have to go through is a major headache and will take a good amount of time before getting the case in front of a judge.  By that time the Board will see the lawsuit and probably issue a decision on your application. At that point the lawsuit will be thrown out the window.

Now if they deny your application on false pretext then you have a nice lawsuit. ISP and board know that their at odds with us Under Board Review and honestly we can't do much about it. Hopefully, we are able to pass legislation so this does not happen to others in the near future. Until then I recommend you enjoy your right to own and buy firearms, go to the range and practice shooting with your future carry gun. If your interested in doing some outdoor training there is a couple guys near central Illinois that conduct classes. They actually have a class coming up December 8th. If interested google "triggerFarm Sheridan, IL

Above all, don't be negative. I know its hard not to but you know that eventually they HAVE to approve your application because you KNOW you qualify for it. Until then just keep your nose clean and think about the positives.     

For 49 cents you can send your own letter to the review board yourselves. It is a legal form letter and you should get a response. Here's a copy:

"I would like to direct this to the distinguished members of the panel: You lousy cork-soakers. You have violated my farging rights. Dis somanumbatching country was founded so that the liberties of common patriotic citizens like me could not be taken away by a bunch of fargin iceholes... like yourselves."

In all seriousness even though not many have gone through the BS that you guys have, I find it ridiculous. UBR for a year? What are they reviewing? They seemed to have really droped the ball with you guys and they should get their act together. Anyway I just wanted to say that there are people on this forum who do read this thread and are befuddled like myself. Seriously WHAT can they be reviewing for that long? There's no way they are that backlogged so there's no reason for this. Keep fighting, your day will come.

Edited by Mick G, 04 December 2017 - 09:22 PM.

#122 JTHunter

• Members
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 10:09 PM

What I am going to suggest may be a bit controversial but the best thing that could happen to the entire state would be the removal of BOTH Mike "Mad Dog" Madigan and John "Cuckoo" Cullerton !!

“We, the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.” - - Abraham Lincoln

“Small minds adhere to the letter of the law; great minds dispense Justice.” - - S. C. Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes

Life member NAHC, Endowment member NRA

#123 Gamma

• Members
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 12:43 AM

What can we do to speed up the process of getting some legislation on the books to address this?

Vote Madigan out of office.
Illinois' FCCA is a prime example of the maxim that sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice.

#124 capotwosix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 06:51 AM

What can we do to speed up the process of getting some legislation on the books to address this?

Vote Madigan out of office.

Always voted against him. Off topic: Trump Admin needs to address voter fraud and implement voter ID.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. - Thomas Jefferson

#125 skinnyb82

• Members
  • 7,112 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:21 AM

What can we do to speed up the process of getting some legislation on the books to address this?Vote Madigan out of office.

Always voted against him. Off topic: Trump Admin needs to address voter fraud and implement voter ID.

Isn't Chicago sort of DC's "sister swamp"?

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

NRA Member
SAF Member
C&R License Holder

#126 capotwosix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 09:29 AM

What can we do to speed up the process of getting some legislation on the books to address this?Vote Madigan out of office.

Isn't Chicago sort of DC's "sister swamp"?

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

"The Windy City" Not named due to the strong winds produced by lake Michigan. It's actually called windy for the policitcal corruption. Goes all the way back to the days of Capone.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. - Thomas Jefferson

#127 Quiet Observer

• Supporting Members Team
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 04:47 PM

Actually the moniker existed long before Capone.  I heard it came from Chicagoans bragging to get the 1893 Columbia Exposition, but it apparently predates even that and may refer to both bragging and weather.  

http://www.history.com/news/ask-history/why-is-chicago-called-the-windy-city 

#128 capotwosix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 05:53 PM

Actually the moniker existed long before Capone.  I heard it came from Chicagoans bragging to get the 1893 Columbia Exposition, but it apparently predates even that and may refer to both bragging and weather.  

http://www.history.com/news/ask-history/why-is-chicago-called-the-windy-city 

Link isn't working, but very interested to read up on that.

#129 InterestedBystander

• Supporting Members Team
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:48 AM

Link isn't working, but very interested to read up on that.

http://www.history.c...-the-windy-city
NRA Life Member; ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
SAF Member; GOA Member
🇺🇸