Wait time for CCL at this point?

mathewg

I'm currently at 134 days, waiting on CCL (Under Review - Submitted)
February 12th: Applied for CCL without prints
May 31st: FOID Renewal applied for. FOID Expiration is 8/1/2019. I don't know what the inspect element was showing, as I didn't know about this yet.
(108 days into CCL wait)
June 13th: Found info here about checking the inspect element and CCL is showing Under Review (Submitted)
(121 days into CCL wait)
Both FOID Renewal and CCL are showing same application number. Logic tells me that the ISP system tied my FOID Renewal and CCL applications together since CCL is still showing (or reverted to) Submitted status. This seemed to be confirmed while going through the forums and seeing references to people having the same/similar issues due to renewing their FOID while waiting for CCL.
My questions are:
1 - Am I to assume that because of the FOID renewal that at least an extra 48 days could have been added to my CCL wait time?
2 - Given that I was 108 days into the CCL wait period, could one assume that the CCL investigations were complete or nearly complete?
3 - If answer to #2 is yes, why couldn't the ISP just use the same CCL investigation information towards the FOID renewal?
4 - Should I just expect that I won't see either FOID or CCL until somewhere around July 30th (168 days or later)?

Done the same

CCL renewal submitted 1/12/19 expired 4/15/2019

Foid renewal submitted 5/6/19 expires 8/1/19

We will see maybe 9-10 months?

Carry on for free

Bilder

yell if you something happens I'm 2 weeks behind you with CCL and FOID shortly after before it expired. I've made it a habit to check everyday.

161 days now.

Why, rumor is they have more than 300,000 applications to process and not enough staff to keep up with the volume

Is that 300k rumor based on the CCL renewals and new CCL applications in queue? Do we know how long it takes to actually process a renewal/application once it gets pulled from the input pile and started processing?

Why, rumor is they have more than 300,000 applications to process and not enough staff to keep up with the volume

Is that 300k rumor based on the CCL renewals and new CCL applications in queue? Do we know how long it takes to actually process a renewal/application once it gets pulled from the input pile and started processing?

CCL and FOID renewals. No, don't know how long it takes to process, sorry.

Today I found a post on the Illinois CCL reddit thread with this phone number: ‭(217) 557-8801. It's supposed to be a back door phone line to the Illinois State Police. The operator said that they were about 10 days behind in processing at this point (seems accurate based on what folks are saying here and on reddit). You can add your name to a call back list and maybe get more information about where your application is in the process. A few folks seem to think that their application was sped up after calling the number; hard to separate from coincidence but might be worth a try. I'm at day 126 right now and leaving town for vacation soon. Was hoping that have the card in hand before we left, but I'm guessing that's not going to happen.

Today I found a post on the Illinois CCL reddit thread with this phone number: ‭(217) 557-8801. It's supposed to be a back door phone line to the Illinois State Police. The operator said that they were about 10 days behind in processing at this point (seems accurate based on what folks are saying here and on reddit). You can add your name to a call back list and maybe get more information about where your application is in the process. A few folks seem to think that their application was sped up after calling the number; hard to separate from coincidence but might be worth a try. I'm at day 126 right now and leaving town for vacation soon. Was hoping that have the card in hand before we left, but I'm guessing that's not going to happen.

Within hours of calling the phone number my status changed to "QC Verified."

I submitted 3/30. Original app had fingerprints attached, so I did not do that again this time. Coming up on 100 days and still...under...review....inspect element shows this:

<span class="SUBMITTED">Under Review</span>

Take your time isp so long as i'm legal...

Day 127, morning after calling the "secret" phone number status changed to "Approved." Hope the card is printed and sent before I leave on vacation. Not enough data points to prove that calling the ISP sped things up, but might be worth considering if you're frustrated with your application.

Applied 03/23/2019 with prints

Approved 07/01/2019

Active 07/03/2019

Total time : 103 days + ~3 days in the mail = 106 days in hand

16 days past the maximum of 90 days the state has to legally accept it, gotta love it.

Do you have yours in hand yet? I was active 7-3 also but nothing in mail as of today.

Today I found a post on the Illinois CCL reddit thread with this phone number: (217) 557-8801. It's supposed to be a back door phone line to the Illinois State Police. The operator said that they were about 10 days behind in processing at this point (seems accurate based on what folks are saying here and on reddit). You can add your name to a call back list and maybe get more information about where your application is in the process. A few folks seem to think that their application was sped up after calling the number; hard to separate from coincidence but might be worth a try. I'm at day 126 right now and leaving town for vacation soon. Was hoping that have the card in hand before we left, but I'm guessing that's not going to happen.

Day 127, morning after calling the "secret" phone number status changed to "Approved." Hope the card is printed and sent before I leave on vacation. Not enough data points to prove that calling the ISP sped things up, but might be worth considering if you're frustrated with your application.
Went “Active” this afternoon on day 127.

My time line,

September 9, 2018 received FOID renewal letter from State Police and forget all about it

December 1, 2018 current card expired

December 27, 2018 applied for new card

~February 1, 2019 received new FOID card

February 12, 2019 late evening CCL application

~June 14, 2019 contacted state rep which was ~day 122

June 18 2019 went from applied to approved on “inspect element” but not on front page

July 3, 2019 showed active on “inspect element but not on from page

July 10, 2019 in my hand and shows active on front page

Appears to be about 147-148 days start to finish.

The CCL instructor that I had, encouraged everyone to take it one step at a time and don’t overlap applications because he said it would slow things down.

Archived