Supreme Court Justice Kennedy is retiring!

Retiredguns

Nominate a black or Hispanic person, when they obstruct, call em racist. That's exactly what they would do. Or let them run the clock to as close to November as possible then tweet how important it is for Republicans to win midterms. This plus the fact that Democrats want to take back the tax cuts will be a huge get out the vote call

OK, it's going to take me a while to wrap my head around this. Kennedy's a conservative justice and gets replaced with a conservative justice...

First thing I did was take stock:

Heller Decision:

Roberts

Alito

Thomas

Kennedy retiring...

Scalia died (2016, Trump) so we have Gorsuch

----------

Breyer

Ginsberg

Souter retired (2009, Bush II) so we have Sotomayor

Stevens retired (2010, Bush II) so we have Kagan

I can't see why the left is melting down, other than it's a lost chance to somehow swing the court to the left

It's not like saint ginsberg fell off her broomstick.,, or Breyer packed it in.

Mark, Kennedy is considered to be conservative on some issues (travel ban, 1st and 2nd amendment rights, ACA) and sided with the liberal justices on others (abortion, death penalty, marriage, affirmative action).

Losing an advocate for the liberal causes, I believe, is the main reason for the meltdown.

I don’t think replacing him will have much of an impact on 2A issues. The court will continue to reject cert for most appeals until a hard-core liberal justice is replaced with an originalist.

Now we know why Trey Gowdy decided not to run again. :fear: :frantics:

Oh my God, sweet Lord Jesus, please make this happen!

Can you imagine him questioning some of the lawyers during oral arguments ?

Lou, did you just "IBTL" your own thread, and then lock it?

Wow.

Guilty This one beat me by 3 minutes so I locked mine. Only fair.

That there's an honest man, that is.

Imagine how screwed we'd be if Hillary had been elected

For those who believe in God, get down on your knees and thank him profusely for watching out for the People of the United States by preventing that from happening.

For those who don't, be grateful that random chance was on the side of the People of the United States by preventing that from happening.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/06/report-potus-trump-privately-predicts-he-will-appoint-4-supreme-court-justices-zings-sotomayor/

They swear he’s not joking. Sources who’ve spoken to the president about the Supreme Court say he tells them he thinks he’ll have appointed four justices by the end of his first term.

“It’s all about the numbers for him,” one source said.

Asked how he comes to that jaw-dropping number, Trump mentions the obvious: he’s already replaced Antonin Scalia with Neil Gorsuch, and there are rumors Anthony Kennedy will retire.
“Ok,” one source told Trump, “so that’s two. Who are the others?”
“Ginsburg,” Trump replied. “What does she weigh? 60 pounds?”
“Who’s the fourth?” the source asked.
“Sotomayor,” Trump said, referring to the relatively recently-appointed Obama justice, whose name is rarely, if ever, mentioned in speculation about the next justice to be replaced. “Her health,” Trump explained. “No good. Diabetes.”

Cruz or Gowdy would be good choices, but age does matter.

A young conservative, strong on supporting and defending the Constitution as the founders intended would be best. Young so they can hopefully serve a very long time.

Cruz could never get confirmed. The Republicans are just not that collectively smart. Gowdy, maybe.

A young conservative, strong on supporting and defending the Constitution as the founders intended would be best. Young so they can hopefully serve a very long time.

Cruz is only 47. He needs to win his Senate seat this November, so he probably wouldn't be on the short list for Kennedy. However, can you imagine the tectonic shift if Cruz replaces The Notorious RBG! ==> GAME OVER!!!

cruz-tatts.jpg VS. PHO-09Feb24-151891.jpg

How many times has Gowdy swore to bring in Scalps ???? Lots and Lots of Scalps . How many has he brought in ???? None , nada , zip Zero .

Gowdy in my opinion is slightly better than Merick Garland

For those who believe in God, get down on your knees and thank him profusely for watching out for the People of the United States by preventing that from happening.

For those who don't, be grateful that random chance was on the side of the People of the United States by preventing that from happening.

And Yet there are those here in this Forum in this forum that REFUSED to vote for DJT based on principles and "Bullying"

How many times has Gowdy swore to bring in Scalps ???? Lots and Lots of Scalps . How many has he brought in ???? None , nada , zip Zero .

Gowdy in my opinion is slightly better than Merick Garland

"

But he seems so darned earnest and twangy on TV. He’s good for a sound bite. Makes people from rural Kentucky, Mississippi, Arkansas and Missouri think that that they CAN grow up to be astronauts and congress-critters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cruz or Gowdy would be good choices, but age does matter.A young conservative, strong on supporting and defending the Constitution as the founders intended would be best. Young so they can hopefully serve a very long time.

Cruz is a self-serving, opportunistic, used car salesman-like creature. No thanks. Gowdy for SCOTUS? Yes, but ... I'd rather see him appointed AG after Jeffy's well-deserved firing. I wonder what they're blackmailing Sessions with over there that after being so gung ho, he's disappeared and essentially allowed Rosenstein (who ought to be the subject of a special counsel and appears to me to be the "brains" behind the entire corrupt mess in the DoJ and FBi) to run the show as de facto AG.

After Reid and his band of lefty hypocrites stuck it to the Republicans when THEY had full control, I find their crying, whining and insane rhetoric to be beneath despiccable. Get this done, before they find another way to obstruct and get either another lefty activist (Ruth Bader Reanimatedcorpseburg, Soto-Bloato) commissar or "constitutionalist" turncoat (Sandra Day O'Traitor, Kennedy, etc.) to replace Kennedy.

Archived