Obama and Joyce

chicago guy

It's been discussed here before, but without doing a search, I can't remember when. Been awhile I'm sure. Kinda goes right along with the John Lott account where Obama says "I don't think people should be able to own guns." Which runs counter to what he NOW says.

I'd like to know what some of our liberal members think of all this. I mean, You own guns, so I'm sure you must like guns - and yet you also like Obama and think 'he's the answer to America's problems.' It just doesn't fit.

I'd like to know what some of our liberal members think of all this. I mean, You own guns, so I'm sure you must like guns - and yet you also like Obama and think 'he's the answer to America's problems.' It just doesn't fit.

Just a friendly reminder to be careful not to tread into non-2A issues on this forum. :) (or alternatively take it to the Back Room). Unless I'm misreading that and it's not a big pile of bait, in which case ignore me :lips sealed: (and this isn't directed at you specifically Buzzard, but also and especially to anyone who might reply)

Not everyone is a one-issue voter. Or even if they are, firearms and the 2nd Amendment might not be their issue. Often (if not always) we make sacrifices when punching our ballot. If somebody wants to try to convince somebody else to switch their vote because of 2A reasons... that's great. But other partisan issues are unrelated to our goal.

To get RTC in IL we need as much support among people as possible: liberals, conservatives, and everyone else.

Just a friendly reminder to be careful not to tread into non-2A issues on this forum. :) (or alternatively take it to the Back Room). Unless I'm misreading that and it's not a big pile of bait, in which case ignore me ;) (and this isn't directed at you specifically Buzzard, but also and especially to anyone who might reply)

Not everyone is a one-issue voter. Or even if they are, firearms and the 2nd Amendment might not be their issue. Often (if not always) we make sacrifices when punching our ballot. If somebody wants to try to convince somebody else to switch their vote because of 2A reasons... that's great. But other partisan issues are unrelated to our goal.

To get RTC in IL we need as much support among people as possible: liberals, conservatives, and everyone else.

I am guilty of sometimes forgetting that to some - guns aren't all that important. But I'm not trying to bait or start an argument. I imagine some are ignorant to the fact that Obama is the most anti-gun president in this country's history. No former president that I know of has said "I don't think people should be able to own guns."

I'll leave it to the moderators to decide if this thread should be moved. Because you can't discuss the Joyce Foundation here without recalling their millions contributed to anti-gun groups and politicians. They are indeed the "Anti - NRA" and all people interested in guns should know that.

I am guilty of sometimes forgetting that to some - guns aren't all that important. But I'm not trying to bait or start an argument. I imagine some are ignorant to the fact that Obama is the most anti-gun president in this country's history. No former president that I know of has said "I don't think people should be able to own guns."

I'll leave it to the moderators to decide if this thread should be moved. Because you can't discuss the Joyce Foundation here without recalling their millions contributed to anti-gun groups and politicians. They are indeed the "Anti - NRA" and all people interested in guns should know that.

How could any liberal even attempt to dismiss or interpret in a good light what he said:

You go into these small towns in Pennsylvania and, like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing's replaced them. And they fell through the Clinton administration, and the Bush administration, and each successive administration has said that somehow these communities are gonna regenerate and they have not.

And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy toward people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.

they cling to guns or religion.......

Wasn't that EXACTLY what our country was founded on?

The 1st AND the 2nd Amendment!

Yep. Obama is, without a doubt, our most anti-2a president ever. His past leadership in the Joyce foundation is just one of many points against him on this score. I still don't understand how anyone who supports freedom can support Obama. To like Obama, you have to love big-brother, anti-freedom government controlling the whole population and destroying free will. Gun rights are a key (but not the only) point in this philosophy.

Obama says the second Amendment means something, yes he means it's unnecessary filler space between the 1st and 3rd.

If government confiscated all weapons "It would be subject to Constitutional Challenge"

No...... It would start the biggest riot/civil war the world has ever seen.

Then listen to the end.........

Common sense gun safety laws "majority of Illinois support"

FALSE, we could prove it but we need a "Super Majority"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8fAROhy8k0&feature=related

Obama doesn't want to ban all guns, just wants to ban them for anyone who isn't in the military or police "on duty"

• 3 weeks later...

Archived