Liberal Gun Club: Their Heads Are Screwed On Straight!

quackersmacker

Try it this way...…….should work:

May 21, 2019

Today The Liberal Gun Club issued an Amicus Brief to the Supreme Court in support of the petitioners in the case of new York State Rifle & Pistol Association, Inc., v. The City of New York and the New York City Police Department- License Division, which challenges a law that unconstitutionally restricts when and where New York City residents can transport their firearms. New York City’s transport ban fails all heightened scrutiny and substantially burdens the lawful conduct of citizens.

Read the Amicus Brief here

As has been found in a recent case regarding safe and legal abortions, laws that restrict the rights of citizens must be narrowly tailored to be the least intrusive means of serving the governments interest. In the current case before the court the law has been used as a bludgeon rather than as a scalpel, resulting in the inability of NYC Citizens to transport their firearms in any manner, whether it be to their second home or training class, putting them at unnecessary risk and unable to gain levels of proficiency that all other states, including those that have heavy regulation, are available to them.

This law also prevents the citizens of New York City from carrying their firearm in the other 38 states that they could otherwise carry in, if not for this law, applying their laws nationally, regardless of local regulations.

In addition, although it’s not found in the brief, this law misses addressing the root causes of violence by a mile. Rather than working on the real issues behind violence such as toxic masculinity, the generational oppression of minorities, and a lack of universal healthcare, including mental health care, this law is used as a way to substantially impact those gun owners who abide by the law.

The Liberal Gun Club is a 501 ©4 non-profit entity, dedicated to firearms training and 2nd amendment advocacy for non-traditional gun owners. They have firearm instructors and members nationally, including in New York City. The Club is proud to support the efforts of the New York State Rifle and Pistol Association to ensure that every single civil right is protected for every single person.

They were formed by about 1000 west coast LGBTs who decided to arm themselves for self-defense, since they were targeted for violence, then found themselves ostracized by their other LGBT friends for supporting 2A rights, even though they agreed politically on just about every other issue. They're not exclusively LGBT, but they've struggled to expand beyond that.

They were formed by about 1000 west coast LGBTs who decided to arm themselves for self-defense, since they were targeted for violence, then found themselves ostracized by their other LGBT friends for supporting 2A rights, even though they agreed politically on just about every other issue. They're not exclusively LGBT, but they've struggled to expand beyond that.

Wow, that's interesting! Didn't know their background. Maybe I don't care about the LGBT background. As long as they are 2A supportive, carry on!

Wow, that's interesting! Didn't know their background. Maybe I don't care about the LGBT background. As long as they are 2A supportive, carry on!

Yeah, the background doesn't really matter compared to the 2A support, but it helps to understand their position that "toxic masculinity" is the root of all violence.

Did they write an Amicus brief in the case for safe and legal abortions too?

Geez, relax. They don't have to be perfect. I'm only giving them credit for 2A support. That's very rare for liberals.

Geez, relax. They don't have to be perfect. I'm only giving them credit for 2A support. That's very rare for liberals.

ha, "liberals" got changed to "liberals" Gotta love censorship

I hate this. I said l-i-b-t-a-r-d-s Why can't this 2a site respect the 1A? This site should not change the words that it's members write.

lol. Do they not understand that by choosing to own guns and not rely on others for their own self defense they've become "toxically masculine" themselves?

Do they vote Republican? there aren't many Democrat politicians that haven't seen a piece of gun control that they didn't like. I'm sorry, but they are not "with" us, if they're putting gun grabbers into legislative seats.

Edit: Consider this, by proclaiming yourself a "liberal 2A supporter" you are literally putting being a liberal before your 2nd amendment rights. These are the "2A supporters" who will give up their rights the second one of their chosen politicians passes another gun control law. Not trying to stir the pot, just calling it black.

I hate this. I said l-i-b-t-a-r-d-s Why can't this 2a site respect the 1A? This site should not change the words that it's members write.

Usually its the web browser and or the smart device that corrects spelling, I would look into that before blaming the site software.

Edited post, the site did change it....

Both manually typed in, but my phone got hung up trying autocorrect the spelling.

Do they vote Republican? there aren't many Democrat politicians that haven't seen a piece of gun control that they didn't like. I'm sorry, but they are not "with" us, if they're putting gun grabbers into legislative seats.

Edit: Consider this, by proclaiming yourself a "liberal 2A supporter" you are literally putting being a liberal before your 2nd amendment rights. These are the "2A supporters" who will give up their rights the second one of their chosen politicians passes another gun control law. Not trying to stir the pot, just calling it black.

^^^. This ^^^

So check this out

https://mail.yahoo.com/d/folders/1/messages/ADz8awIdg72QXORF2Ak7SLJCVQ0?guce_referrer=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&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAIBxz_bBdNrevPHMdeobPQ7QOG8t8H6N9ARqXg0EdNaOp-aeiDq1iXYxfYzHYZwM3vwYYqE2cNbqejMSXP8AQ27fhPccPkiMaqijaGzFgr-UHBwHj7lmAFEom0dGb69RsCDvJWN2cobSHiS9fnuFGGubdxdxIjaLExiWE305OgMb

I am a member of the Liberal Gun Club. They're not who you think they are. They are with us!

2A and gun rights tends to be hitched to the "conservative" side of our US-ian politics, made to be part of a package. It really ought not to be.

You can be liberal and a hard-line supporter of 2A. The question is how are you voting? I know a couple of people who self identify as liberals who've never voted for a democrat because of the gun issue.

IllinoisCarry gets more Politically Correct every day because feelings matter more than our right to freedom of speech. It's as simple as that.

IllinoisCarry gets more Politically Correct every day because feelings matter more than our right to freedom of speech. It's as simple as that.

Really?

If libt*rd is censored, surely the derogatory term retard would be as well, as one is an insult to a person with developmental problems, and the other is only a chosen stance

We didn't have people slinging the word "retard", we did have people calling our liberal members the other word. Tried warning them that name calling and using derogatory/inflammatory names was not consistent with our code of conduct.

And once again, freedom of speech is thrown around where it has no applicability. The First Amendment and a person's Freedom of Speech has nothing to do with private websites. The First Amendment only relates to whether the government can prohibit speech. I sometimes wonder when someone throws around the free speech argument here whether they accurately undertand any of the Amendments if they can't get that one right.

Archived