Todd V and the NRA?

Rivemor

Todd is working with a new group representing us and FFL's. Only now he is as he stated "Unplugged". Should be for an interesting year.

Todd is working with a new group representing us and FFL's. Only now he is as he stated "Unplugged". Should be for an interesting year.

Representing "us"

Does that mean IC?

No it doesn't.

We are still represented by the Rowes.

Thanks mauser.

That's what I figured as far as IC goes.

So who is Todd representing other than FFL's?

Representing "us"

Does that mean IC?

No it doesn't.

We are still represented by the Rowes.

And they give us very good representation and they are very approachable.

Happened on 11/3 Only 1 other client on file as of today at state website and they are not firearms related.

Client(s) File Date Termination Date

NATIONAL RIFLE ASSOCIATION OF AMERICA 01/08/2017 11/03/2017

In addition to Todd, NRA has a listing for

Exclusive Lobbyist(s)

Name File Date Termination Date

ALFORD, SHANNON 01/25/2017 N/A

So if Todd is no longer lobbying for the NRA who is?

I don't want to speak for the NRA but I'd assume they're working on a replacement.

So in the end this could be a good thing. Gun owners will have Todd and his relationships in Springfield AND a new NRA rep in the mix. Of course the Rowes, and the guys from the other site, and ISRA are still there fighting too. Given my expectation of Rauner being a one termer we're going to need the help.

When I saw this, I dialed up NRA-ILA and asked the fellow who was the lobbyist for them in Illinoiz. He asked me, what did I want to know that for? LOL, really dude, because I pay you money and I'm entitled to know who's representing my interests since I'm an NRA Member. (doh) He gave me the name of a person, who I've never heard of before, so I googled the name and sure enough, the person comes up as a Pro2A lobbyist. I don't want to mention the name, because I'm not sure if that's proper forum decorum. (poet, don't know it) I don't know Todd other than by his reputation. He's the guy I want on my side for sure, along with the Rowe's.

Happened on 11/3 Only 1 other client on file as of today at state website and they are not firearms related.

Exclusive Lobbyist(s)

https://www.linkedin.com/in/shannon-alford-7126641/

Exclusive Lobbyist(s)

Shannon is the liason between the local lobbyist and the NRA home office. Todd used to refer to her as his boss. I met her several years ago at a Senate fundraiser. Very knowledgable, savvy lady that i understand is an accomplished shooter. It is my understanding that she has been involved with Springfield politics for more than a couple of years, working with Todd in Springfield. If she is our interim lobbyist, we will be well served.

Exclusive Lobbyist(s)

Shannon is the liason between the local lobbyist and the NRA home office. Todd used to refer to her as his boss. I met her several years ago at a Senate fundraiser. Very knowledgable, savvy lady that i understand is an accomplished shooter. It is my understanding that she has been involved with Springfield politics for more than a couple of years, working with Todd in Springfield. If she is our interim lobbyist, we will be well served.

Shannon has been sitting in committee with Todd for the past year or so and they have been working together more closely for a while IIRC. Hearing both those voices and their debate styles in committee is awesome. They both have different styles, both being "bulldogs" and very intelligent and their difference in style meshed well.

Thank you Todd for your time and devotion to the cause. As the NRA representative you covered a lot of topics, issues, and potential landmines. You've worked to promote good gun bills and defeat those which infringe upon the 2A. Thank you.

I suspect your new role will be more narrow and focused towards a specific end. I can only hope that you remain focused on individual gun rights and not solely the interests of large corporations or businesses (big and small.) Best of luck, I look forward to hearing more and watching the great things you'll accomplish.

On a related note, a HUGE thank you to the team here are Illinois Carry. There are many people working hard to protect our rights. While some may have greater visibility and receive the attention, I KNOW there is great work occurring everyday. Thank you "Molly" and team.

I was fortunate enough to attend the Shepard arguments with Todd, followed by some Heineken, Dos Equis, and a lot of shooting the breeze at his home. Great man with a great family. We'll all miss him but I'm sure his successor will do his or her job with just as much passion as Todd did.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Very interested in where Todd landed and how he will be funded. NRA-ILA has seen their last cent from me, but depending on where Todd lands and how he's funded ...

Curious if you could explain more what that statement means?

Some of you guys really are making way too big of a deal out of this without further facts. Twenty years is a long time.

It's probably just a changing of the guard. Good for Todd to try something new - and he's still on our side, and active. So chill.

Yup. To me I see this as almost going part time retirement. He's no longer chasing each and every bill, but able to narrow his focus. Plus as you said we have no details other than a few insiders who won't share info (understandingly) and todd's cryptic facebook posts yesterday and this morning.

Let's all just chill, and let the facts come out for a second before we get hysterical. The real only immediate threat is gun dealer licensing and assuming Todd is now representing gun dealers, that's right up his wheel house.

Archived