March For Our Rights rally - Wheaton, IL - July 20, 2019

Molly B.

Memorial Park is a municipal park in the center of town.

https://wheatonparkdistrict.com/map-of-facilities-and-parks/

And therefore a prohibited location for concealed carry. IL law makes it nearly impossible to carry and rally/march at the same time. So sometimes we have to rally/march and not carry in order to make our point. . .

My wife and I went to the rally. I guess about 125 - 150 attended. There was a mix of teen and adult speakers.

One was a teen girl originally from Saudi Arabia. She wore a simple head covering per her religious beliefs. She related her experience with tyranny over there.

She immigrated with her family to the U.S. a few years ago. She got a big applause when she announced that she received U.S. citizenship last year.

So much for the "anti-immigrant and anti-Muslim conservatives" the left would have you believe we are.

A teen male related his grandfather's experience in Chile, where only the police and military have guns.

He escaped the Pinochet Coup.

There were adult speakers, but It is good to know that not all our young people are swayed by the left-wing lies.

We left after an hour because of the heat and hard park benches. The group did provide bottled water. It looked like everyone else was staying.

I would go again.

My wife and I went to the rally. I guess about 125 - 150 attended. There was a mix of teen and adult speakers.

One was a teen girl originally from Saudi Arabia. She wore a simple head covering per her religious beliefs. She related her experience with tyranny over there.

She immigrated with her family to the U.S. a few years ago. She got a big applause when she announced that she received U.S. citizenship last year.

So much for the "anti-immigrant and anti-Muslim conservatives" the left would have you believe we are.

A teen male related his grandfather's experience in Chile, where only the police and military have guns.

He escaped the Pinochet Coup.

There were adult speakers, but It is good to know that not all our young people are swayed by the left-wing lies.

We left after an hour because of the heat and hard park benches. The group did provide bottled water. It looked like everyone else was staying.

I would go again.

Thanks for the review...and showing up!

I thought Quiet Observer had stayed longer. I wasn't going to beat my own drum. But the crickets prompted me to speak.

Yes, I and (some of) the signs were there. Wasn't much usage of them though. Wrong type of event, everyone came in, sat in the shade on their own chairs and didn't move much.

I stayed in the shade, and with the breeze it wasn't bad at all. I was surprised at my tolerance of the heat.

Rhonda, "Q" of the 761'st Gun club and Allen Skillicorn all carried their messages well.

The Youth were refreshing to hear.

Nicki Stallard of Pink Pistols was a VERY dynamic and effective orator. We had last met at last year's Gun Rights Policy Conference.

Mike W was there as well, and others whose names escape (I'm TERRIBLE at times with names) me, while faces are maddeningly familiar

My wife does not like hot weather, otherwise we would have stayed longer.

I would have like to have heard the last few speakers.

Was there any coverage by the media? I have not seen anything in the Sun-times, Daily Herald, or on TV.

If 125 or more people showed up for a MDA or March for Our Rights event, it would have been on the first page and featured on a newscast.

There would have been remarks on how brilliant those kids are and how we should follow their left-wing thoughts.

Archived