Under Board Review?

Dtgivens

• 3 weeks later...

I'm so happy that the inspect element thing says approved. Thank you everyone for the positive support.

Congratz!!!!!! I am in the same boat as you were just in. I am so hoping to log in and see the dreaded UBR change back to just Under Review sometime soon. I made a few bad choices when I was younger. When I got a request for info from the board and they asked for info on an incidents in my past, including one from 20 years ago, I began doubting myself in obtaining my CCL. Hearing your extremely great news gives me encouragement! Enjoy and carry safely!

I was place under board review in December 2015 and went under review today. I have had multiple arrests from 1997 - 2004. Stay positive and things will work out in your favor if you can clearly express to the board on how you have significantly changed your lifestyle into something more positive.

I also had a few arrests in that same year range actually lol, I just replied to the board last fri so I hope to hear some good news within the next few weeks. I have changed quite a bit since my younger days, plus I had family and friends write a letter of good character on my behalf. I feel good about my chances, but your encouraging words are quite helpful. Thank you and congratz again, I can totally relate to how you must feel today! :)

• 2 weeks later...

So has anyone gotten "Under Board Review" with a spotless record, but only because of Cook County playing games?

I am in the same boat as you... I mean I did have some arrests as a juvie but all of which has been expunged. So I'm pretty p*****. I went under board review back in November.

I just hate the fact that there is no accountability for the objecting law enforcement agency, especially sheriff tom dart giving b/s objections.

So I was hoping somebody could help explain, the under board review process. I've read up on it here but I'm still frustrated with isp as I have received no information from them. Applied 12 Dec 16, didn't get notified till 29 March 17 that I went under board review. I had one arrest from when I was 17, but nothing came of it. Currently an Military police as well. Will that be taken into consideration with the board? I'm just frustrated that I waited the whole 120 days just to have it yanked 2 weeks out.

So I was hoping somebody could help explain, the under board review process. I've read up on it here but I'm still frustrated with isp as I have received no information from them. Applied 12 Dec 16, didn't get notified till 29 March 17 that I went under board review. I had one arrest from when I was 17, but nothing came of it. Currently an Military police as well. Will that be taken into consideration with the board? I'm just frustrated that I waited the whole 120 days just to have it yanked 2 weeks out.

The CCL Review Board is not under the direction of the ISP so they really can't offer much in the way of information. The good news is the CCL RB is overruling about 85% of the objections. The bad news is that they are running about 12-18 mos. behind in reviewing the objections.

• 1 month later...

So has anyone gotten "Under Board Review" with a spotless record, but only because of Cook County playing games?

Yes, I went under board review back in 2013 and got denied. It was a case of mistaken identity. The board never bothered to verify my identity. It cost me a bunch of $$ in lawyers fees to appeal. Eventually it got resolved, but Cook County (or should I say Tom Dart) seems to have an attitude of object to anyone for any reason and let the board sort it out. Since then the board has gotten much better in resolving all the non sense objections.

• 2 weeks later...

Im on 12 letters now. The ****** up part is that a friend applied roughly when I was on my 3rd letter. He went under board review, got 3 letters himself and then his was approved. Does anyone think having a lawyer call would make a difference? I have a few in the family.

All I can say is that if it was me and I had lawyers in the family, I would make sure they were well versed in the FCCA and I would have been to court a long time ago. The act says they get a 30 day extension, NOT multiple 30 day extensions.

Here's what I don't understand about the whole process. If you already have a FOID, which is a required prerequisite for the CC permit and required a background check AND you already own firearms which also required a background check, how can they possibly put anyone "under review"?

How can you be eligible for owning a firearm, but "under review" for the CC permit?

Here's what I don't understand about the whole process. If you already have a FOID, which is a required prerequisite for the CC permit and required a background check AND you already own firearms which also required a background check, how can they possibly put anyone "under review"?

How can you be eligible for owning a firearm, but "under review" for the CC permit?

Not that it makes sense, especially the extra time needed, but additional levels of background check and permitting LE objection.

It's only a guess, but the FOID process has no procedure for LE objection. My guess is that the CC board reviews are nearly all law enforcement objections and not related to a background check.

Archived