New Legislation - Oh Boy!

GWBH

Here's some of the new bills coming up in the 111th Congress - didn't take long!

Maybe our new President will stop some of this nonsense?!?!

H.R. 15 creates a nationalized system of free health care.

H.R. 414, the Camera Phone Predator Alert Act, requires cameras in cell phones to make an audible sound to alert others (such as in locker rooms) when a picture is taken.

H.R. 346 repeals the automatic payraises Congress receives.

H.R. 390 addresses "college football playoff games"

H.R. 187 says let Cubans play American baseball.

H.R. 227 states that human life begins at fertilization.

H.R. 254 moves voting to the weekend.

H.R. 113 requires anything funded by an earmark to be audited. Perhaps things like H.R. 202, which creates a "Museum of Ideas."

H.R. 116 ends political "robocalls" if you are on the "Do Not Call" Registry, while Senate bill S. 30 wants there to be caller ID honesty.

H.R. 126 would limit citizenship at birth only to those who have at least one parent who is a citizen or legal resident.

H.R. 160 would limit Social Security benefits to only legal citizens or residents.

H.R. 155 would ban taxes on unemployment benefits for two years, while H.R. 162 bans taxes on Social Security benefits.

H.R. 87 (One of my peronal favorites) says "Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is," and invites those who like to pay taxes to voluntarily pay extra taxes. Or how about just a "Fair Tax" as called for in H.R. 25.

H.R. 70 would make it a hate crime to display a noose with the intent to intimidate.

H.R. 40 explores paying reparations to African-Americans.

S. 213 would create an Airline Passenger Bill of Rights.

And Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) is back in the swing of things. He's introduced S. 151, a bill to protect Indian arts and crafts.

Here's some of the new bills coming up in the 111th Congress - didn't take long!

Maybe our new President will stop some of this nonsense?!?!

H.R. 346 repeals the automatic payraises Congress receives.

That's one item in the list I actually like.

HR126 and HR160...OH heck YES!!!

For the sake of history, let us remember that it was Carter that campaigned to let foreigners loot Social Security, And it was Al Gore who cast the deciding ballot that allowed Social Security funds to be looted by a sitting administration for purposes other than annuity or disability. (Pork Projects)

Don't be shocked if HR40 goes all the way. Right before the elections, my elderly and liberally addled parents attended "Social Justice Classes", taught of course, by the Obamiacs and ACORN of Columbus, Ohio. Reparations are a theme oft repeated.

This is despite the fact that no one living has owned a slave, no one living has been one, that is, unless held as a slave by Muslims in the Middle-East, or Sub-Saharan Africa. The Saudi Kingdom and other Muslim states have yet to sign any accord banning slavery to this day. Race baiters refuse to acknowlege any wrongdoings unless perpetrated by caucasians here, and 150 years ago.

I guess as a Christian, I should be suing the Romans, or the English for the confiscation of lands and titles in Ireland???

No. Instead I think I'll get by just fine on what my own energies have produced in the here and now.

Colonel.....

H.R. 15 creates a nationalized system of free health care

This one shows the utter lack of intelligence we have in D.C.

Anyone who believes in "free" health care should not be allowed to vote much less hold elected office.

NEWS FLASH!!! IT AIN'T FREE!!!!

It is paid for by someone else.

Basic common sense says that the government cannot give you something that it did not first take away from someone else.

<rant now off>

I wonder if the African-Americans will be happy about this one. Think of it - how many of them had ancestors who profited from the slave trade?

Why is it they never mention that Africans (blacks) sold their brothers and sisters into slavery?

If that were mentioned,no one would have anything to b**** about nor anyone to blame.

I wonder if the African-Americans will be happy about this one. Think of it - how many of them had ancestors who profited from the slave trade?

Why is it they never mention that Africans (blacks) sold their brothers and sisters into slavery?

If that were mentioned,no one would have anything to b**** about nor anyone to blame.

Hey sign me up for my 40 acres and mule. I'm just as much a slave, as anyone else ever was. (I'm just getting my name in early for some of that pork-barrel)

When did the Civil war end? April 9, 1865 Lee Surrendered.

Fwiw: BTW my ancestors never owned anyone ether...

H.R. 227 states that human life begins at fertilization.

Wow! This one surprises me. This is basically a pro-life bill coming from the democrats? wow!!!

I've got serious misgivings about this one. The title sounds benign enough but when I read the text and definitions I had trouble accepting it as a pro life bill. I may be a bit paranoid this morning but I see a real danger in the cloning language in this bill

A BILL

To provide that human life shall be deemed to begin with fertilization.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

This Act may be cited as the ‘Sanctity of Human Life Act’.

SEC. 2. DECLARATION.

In the exercise of the powers of the Congress, including Congress’ power under article I, section 8 of the Constitution, to make necessary and proper laws, and Congress’ power under section 5 of the 14th article of amendment to the Constitution of the United States--

(1) the Congress declares that--

(A) the right to life guaranteed by the Constitution is vested in each human being, and is the paramount and most fundamental right of a person; and

(:frantics: the life of each human being begins with fertilization, cloning, or its functional equivalent, irrespective of sex, health, function or disability, defect, stage of biological development, or condition of dependency, at which time every human being shall have all the legal and constitutional attributes and privileges of personhood; and

(2) the Congress affirms that the Congress, each State, the District of Columbia, and all United States territories have the authority to protect the lives of all human beings residing in its respective jurisdictions.

SEC. 3. DEFINITIONS.

For purposes of this Act:

(1) FERTILIZATION- The term ‘fertilization’ means the process of a human spermatozoan penetrating the cell membrane of a human oocyte to create a human zygote, a one-celled human embryo, which is a new unique human being.

(2) CLONING- The term ‘cloning’ means the process called somatic cell nuclear transfer, that combines an enucleated egg and the nucleus of a somatic cell to make a human embryo.

(3) HUMAN; HUMAN BEING- The terms ‘human’ and ‘human being’ include each and every member of the species homo sapiens at all stages of life, beginning with the earliest stage of development, created by the process of fertilization, cloning, or its functional equivalent.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=h111-227

Always thought it would be nice to clone myself... Slappy2 could goto work for me, do the chores while I hung out with Slappella and became generally lazy in all things, preferably on a beach somewhere...

That is interesting though that they would put that in there though. Makes you wonder just how soon someone, outside of the Raelins, will try it...

Always thought it would be nice to clone myself... Slappy2 could goto work for me, do the chores while I hung out with Slappella and became generally lazy in all things, preferably on a beach somewhere...

That is interesting though that they would put that in there though. Makes you wonder just how soon someone, outside of the Raelins, will try it...

Two Slap-meisters on the same forum??!!?? - man, that's a picture I don't want to look at!! :frantics:

Two Slap-meisters on the same forum??!!?? - man, that's a picture I don't want to look at!! :thumbsup:

Double the fun, double the value!!! :thumbsup:

Two Slap-meisters on the same forum??!!?? - man, that's a picture I don't want to look at!! :thumbsup:

Double the fun, double the value!!! :thumbsup:

:laugh: :laugh:

Archived