Apparently, ATF has withdrawn the Pistol Brace letter.

Birddog38

Personally I consider the comments about as useless as the witness slips in IL, it's just a way to allow the public to vent but doesn't actually have any real effect on the final decission, especially in the Internet age where form e-submissions are made by the 1000s.

They tried to ban green tip once and got overwhelmed with comments. They probably figured it would go to court and they would lose.

Or, they'll throw us this bone to get compliance with a ban on 80%s

We need to stop giving away our rights for free. Taking two rights and then saying "oh I'll only take one instead, it's a win for you, right?!?" is a tactic that needs to be called out for what it is...

if they want to ban 80%s, then they need to take suppressors and SBRs off the GCA.

And remove the restrictions in Illinois.

I remember a story that describes negotiating with leftists thusly:

Citizen: walks down the street minding their own business, thinking their own thoughts, making their own plans when SUDDENLY: an armed robber jumps out of the alley and says:

Armed Robber: "Gimme your dough"

C: "Please don't hurt me"

AR: "Gimme your dough and nobody gets hurt"

C: "No, I need this money for my family and children"

AR: "Then gimme half of your dough"

C: "OK, that seems fair, I just don't want to get hurt"

The AR and the C each go their separate ways. The citizen a little poorer but has his life, the armed robber a little richer and looking for their next victim. Who knows, if he has to he can always hit this one up for more another time.

Now, replace the AR with any leftist activist, government official, politician, law enforcement representative, etc. Tell me what's the difference? One does it legally, the other illegally, but the outcome is the same.

And remove the restrictions in Illinois.

I remember a story that describes negotiating with leftists thusly:

Citizen: walks down the street minding their own business, thinking their own thoughts, making their own plans when SUDDENLY: an armed robber jumps out of the alley and says:

Armed Robber: "Gimme your dough"

C: "Please don't hurt me"

AR: "Gimme your dough and nobody gets hurt"

C: "No, I need this money for my family and children"

AR: "Then gimme half of your dough"

C: "OK, that seems fair, I just don't want to get hurt"

The AR and the C each go their separate ways. The citizen a little poorer but has his life, the armed robber a little richer and looking for their next victim. Who knows, if he has to he can always hit this one up for more another time.

Yor forgot the rest of the story, before the day is over this has played out multiple times, down to 50% after the first encounter, down to 25% after the second encounter, down to 12.5% the third time, by the forth time they have only 6.25% and by the fifth time they are down to 3.13%, this is how gun control compromise works, such a deal.

Link

Objective Factors for Classifying Weapons With “Stabilizing Braces”; Withdrawal of Guidance

A Notice by the Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives Bureau on 12/31/2020

AGENCY:
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives, Department of Justice.

ACTION:
Notice; withdrawal.

SUMMARY:
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (“ATF”) is announcing the withdrawal of a notice and request for comments entitled “Objective Factors for Classifying Weapons with `Stabilizing Braces',” that was published on December 18, 2020.

DATES:
The withdrawal is effective December 31, 2020.

ADDRESSES:
This Notice also will be made available on the ATF website (www.atf.gov).

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Andrew Lange, Office of Regulatory Affairs, Enforcement Programs and Services, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives, U.S. Department of Justice, 99 New York Ave. NE, Mail Stop 6N-518, Washington, DC 20226; telephone: (202) 648-7070 (this is not a toll-free number).

SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION:
Upon further consultation with the Department of Justice and the Office of the Deputy Attorney General, ATF is withdrawing, pending further Department of Justice review, the notice and request for comments entitled “Objective Factors for Classifying Weapons with `Stabilizing Braces',” that was published on December 18, 2020. 85 FR 82516. As explained in the notice, the proposed guidance was not a regulation. The notice informed and invited comment from the industry and public on a proposed guidance prior to issuing a final guidance document.
The withdrawal of the guidance does not change any law, regulation, or other legally binding requirement.

Marvin G. Richardson,
Associate Deputy Director.

[FR Doc. 2020-28930 Filed 12-30-20; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-FY-P

2020-28930.pdf

My fear is that "Upon further consultation with the Department of Justice and the Office of the Deputy Attorney General, ATF is withdrawing, pending further Department of Justice review, the notice and request for comments entitled “Objective Factors for Classifying Weapons with `Stabilizing Braces',” that was published on December 18, 2020." translates to Trump's appointee did not approve so we'll have to wait until Biden's does.

My fear is that "Upon further consultation with the Department of Justice and the Office of the Deputy Attorney General, ATF is withdrawing, pending further Department of Justice review, the notice and request for comments entitled “Objective Factors for Classifying Weapons with `Stabilizing Braces',” that was published on December 18, 2020." translates to Trump's appointee did not approve so we'll have to wait until Biden's does.

giphy-gif-cid-ecf05e47rkgvl365n5navznoh7

Archived