NW IL Training?

tricky1

We - Fortress Defense - are offering a 2-Day Level I Defensive Pistol Course at the Aurora Sportsman's Club May 26-27.

Level I Handgun Course - $285.

The Fortress flagship – the one all of our other shooting courses are built upon.

We take the student from novice to competent gunman, capable of drawing a concealed pistol and consistently hitting moving targets in a defensive situation. We attempt to provide a Fortress staff member for every 2-3 students to provide the most personal instruction experience possible.

Required student skill level: None

Equipment required: Functional handgun, .380 caliber or larger. At least 3 magazines or speedloaders. Proper holster and magazine or speedloader carrier. Flashlight.

Ammunition requirements: 800-rounds factory ammunition.

Duration: Two full days (20-hours)

We - Fortress Defense - are offering a 2-Day Level I Defensive Pistol Course at the Aurora Sportsman's Club May 26-27.

The Fortress flagship – the one all of our other shooting courses are built upon.

I am a very happy with the course graduate (and voted by my classmates as "Fastest accurate shooter of the class in the post age 60 group)

I can't say enough good things about the training

I am a very happy with the course graduate (and voted by my classmates as "Fastest accurate shooter of the class in the post age 60 group)

I can't say enough good things about the training

LOL!

...we should have had a trophy for you. Perhaps next time!

Tricky,

You might want to look up Excel Training Group (www.exceltraininggroup.com) I took their “Handgun Manipulation” course with my wife. My wife had no prior training aside from what she had been taught by me and she really enjoyed it. The course was cheap (cost wise) and VERY informative. The course fee is $100.00 per person, plus the cost of your own ammunition. We shot a little over 100 rounds. The course covers, safety, drawing from a holster, re-holstering, basic handgun manipulation, controlling recoil, proper sight alignment and follow-through. I had prior experience and training and it was still a great refresher. For $100.00 you will be hard pressed to find a better course if it is possible. It is a “basic” course though.

Best of luck to you.

Does anyone know of anywhere in NW IL that is decent? I see Impact is currently closed. Not sure where else to go. Looking for basic defensive for me and wife.

Impact has been SOLD to a Chicago Cop who is the real deal. My FBI Swat friend filled me in on it. He is in the process of getting the business and the range ready for a spring summer opening. Pay attention to it in the future.

I have been training hard lately with Aurelio DeLarosa at Couter Predator Training and Tactical in Rockford, IL.

http://www.counterpredatortactical.com/default.html

Aurelio is the real deal too...

Ive taken the Defensive Pistol Course twice, and multiple hand to hand courses, including knife and edged weapons, and hand gun disarming and retention courses.

He puts on a great class and he is priced super right. He wants every good quallified citizen to be able to afford top quality training.

Aurelio is a patriot. and no I am not affiliated with his business at all, I just know a great thing when I see it. Good luck to you.

Archived