2010 Appleseeds!

Garand69

Scenes from Carrolton, KY.

It was beautiful there. Great time. Great people. Beautiful area.

No rain (except set-up Fri evening).

Minimal mud.

Good weather.

http://www.gsldefensetraining.com/photos/ky10.jpg

http://www.gsldefensetraining.com/photos/ky11.jpg

http://www.gsldefensetraining.com/photos/ky06.jpg

http://www.gsldefensetraining.com/photos/ky08.jpg

Report from Durand Appleseed for Saturday

My shoulders hurt

My chest muscles hurt

My Butt cheeks hurt

My back hurts

My Right jaw hurts

My neck hurts

My legs hurt

My face is windburn

& my fingers hurt. Did I leave anything out??

Why would anyone want to put theirself through this??

I am leaving in about an hour.

I CAN'T WAIT TO GET BACK OUT THEIR.

boog

My shoulders hurt

My chest muscles hurt

My Butt cheeks hurt

My back hurts

My Right jaw hurts

My neck hurts

My legs hurt

My face is windburn

boog

+1, I am sore but I loved every minute of it. I am up at 5:30 and ready to go again. The instruction is amazing and the history is breathtaking. All of the instructors are great to work with and I will do this again and again and again..............

Thanks Kenny for use of the range, without your help this wouldn't happen.

My shoulders hurt

My chest muscles hurt

My Butt cheeks hurt

My back hurts

My Right jaw hurts

My neck hurts

My legs hurt

My face is windburn

boog

That described me both years after I tried to shoot RIFLEMAN with a Garand!

I was walking like an old man yesterday after a half-hour ride looking for a place to eat down here at 9:00pm local time. If they had sidewalks down here, they would have rolled them up before 9 apparently.

John

John

John and Boog...thanks for the updates...did either of you notice what the most used type of rifle folks were using? I heard recently folks were starting to use .22 rifles (10/22, Marlin 795's etc.). How would those stack up against the others? I really wanted to get to the shoot at Kenny's but finances did not allow it this time around...

thnks again for the update and pics...

Buzzard? BobS?

I think I missed you guys, which ones were you again?

Congrats to Booq's son for making Rifleman, I watched him go from fustrating patterns to groups to a 215 score. :woohoo:

I know CSpark is right behind him because I saw the gleem in his eyes when he found enlightenment on what it takes to get that rifleman score. I know he will be back to prove his metal to himself and everyone.

Congrats to Kenny for preserving all weekend with fustration after fustration on the line, only to end the weekend with a perfectly grouped Redcoat target right down to the 250 yard headshot.

I know there are more folks who are knocking on the Rifleman score from this Durand shoot. So practice that dry firing and lock in those positions!

A big THANK YOU to Kenny for being the perfect host and for sharing that beautiful land!

Pics up later. I need to catch up on my chores!

Buzzard? BobS?

Congrats to Booq's son for making Rifleman, I watched him go from fustrating patterns to groups to a 215 score. smile.gif

I know CSpark is right behind him because I saw the gleem in his eyes when he found enlightenment on what it takes to get that rifleman score. I know he will be back to prove his metal to himself and everyone.

Congrats to Kenny for preserving all weekend with fustration after fustration on the line, only to end the weekend with a perfectly grouped Redcoat target right down to the 250 yard headshot.

I know there are more folks who are knocking on the Rifleman score from this Durand shoot. So practice that dry firing and lock in those positions!

A big THANK YOU to Kenny for being the perfect host and for sharing that beautiful land!

Pics up later. I need to catch up on my chores!

Congrats to Boog's son, it was an honor to see him get the patch and the honor that goes with it. I also want to thank Ahhshoot, Ashes, Garand69, Skyhawk for the mentoring knowledge they shared. The dedication and the passion is something to be desired. Kenny, you are a class act and without your generosity we wouldn't have had a place to have this great event. All the other participants were very receptive and fun to be around, I would shoot with any of them again. I will be back again and I will be practicing every chance I get to reinforce what I've learned. I came to this event with a nervousness of not really knowing how to shoot having been out of it for over 5 yrs. but I left today with the confidence the tools and the drive to come back and get my rifleman.

Finally, The history that is covered is a reminder of what it was like and what was done for freedom. We should all learn this and go forth and let others know.

P.S. I now have a half moon ring cut on my forehead thanks to Kenny's M107wacko.gif , thanks to me putting my face to close to the scope.

After Garand69 Finally showed up with the Target Line :woohoo: .... What a Great Weekend!!!

It was a pleasure to meet the new faces and of course see those old faces as well!!!

Thanks for your patience, and thanks for beings so receptive!!

I look forward to working with you all again!

Congrats to the New Rifleman, and of course, a huge thanks goes out to Kenny for making it happen in Durand, and the fine Instructor crew that I had the pleasure to work with.

I'll have some pics to add soon.

see you on the trail!!

MY SON MADE RIFLEMAN!!!!!!!

That is a wonderful accomplishment! What did he use if you don't mind? a 10/22?

AR-15!!! M4 no less!!!

Attaboy on the score.

What the heck is wrong with an "M4gery"?

I shot a 222 with mine Sunday and that was with a bad round/malfunction during the sitting stage.

Regrettably nobody scored RIFLEMAN down in Carrolton, KY, but we had several give it the college try and come within 20ish points.

We also did a "team" effort with three groups of shooters plus an instructor as part of an NPOA drill... One minute, ten rounds, on the 400-yard equivalent targets.

Out of a possible 200 points, Team Templar shot 105, Team Dad shot 72 and Team Editor shot 74.

Then we shot an AQT right after that and I think that round saw the peak scores for Sunday. Amazing how big they look when you're shooting under time on those smallest targets.

John

I would like to thank Ahhshoot, Ashes, Garand69, and Skyhawk for their excellant instruction. This was my son's fourth time shooting a rifle so I was very impressed with his shooting. I was very impressed with garand69's sons. Both did everything right. Dad should be very proud of them. This is a perfect example of proper training and not what the media makes of all of us. I am looking forward to the next shoot, but I have a few things to work on. I also want to thank my friend Kenny for letting us all use his range. This was great group of shooters.

boog

Was there anymore pics taken? I again thank Kenny, Ashes, Skyhawk, Garand69 for showing me and my father and amazing time. We don't get to spend quality time like that and you were able to help connect us on a level that we never had before. I owe you my gratitude, respect and mostly my friendship. I will be going to the July shoot at Kenny's and I am 95% sure about the one at the Bristol shooting range.

It was nice to meet new people and hopefully over time some friendships may develop. I hope to bring my wife in July and maybe a few others if all works out.

Buzzard? BobS?

Unfortunately, I didn't make it for several reasons. I thought maybe I could show up later on in the afternoon, but it didn't work out. I am fixing up a Marlin .22 for an Appleseed shoot and backyard plinking with the grandsons. It's my stepson's rifle, which he loaned to a friend and it came back a rusty disgrace - really. I want to re-blue it and put sling hardware on it for him, and then he better take care of it. I won't re-blue it a second time.

Was there anymore pics taken? I again thank Kenny, Ashes, Skyhawk, Garand69 for showing me and my father and amazing time. We don't get to spend quality time like that and you were able to help connect us on a level that we never had before. I owe you my gratitude, respect and mostly my friendship. I will be going to the July shoot at Kenny's and I am 95% sure about the one at the Bristol shooting range.

It was nice to meet new people and hopefully over time some friendships may develop. I hope to bring my wife in July and maybe a few others if all works out.

here is Nik getting his rifleman patch

boog

here is Nik getting his rifleman patch

boog

That was awesome!!!! Congratulations to him and his proud papa.

I have a bunch of photos from the Durand shoot, I don't think I have any specifically of you and your dad. I tried to not take pics of people if I didn't know if they would mind.

I'll try to post them tomorrow at work as where I'm at now blocks my uploads to picassa.

I have a bunch of photos from the Durand shoot, I don't think I have any specifically of you and your dad. I tried to not take pics of people if I didn't know if they would mind.

I'll try to post them tomorrow at work as where I'm at now blocks my uploads to picassa.

That's ok if there not of us, I just would like to see it from a different point of view. Thanks

Glad everyone had fun and hung in there to as they say "drink from the firehose". :)

At a certain point in the Appleseed you have to realize that the score isn't important, becoming one with the rifle is. Usually sometime after that you make the rifleman score. ;)

Oh, and Kenny since you don't read the Appleseed forums. Everyone over there is wishing you a very warm THANK YOU for being a great host. :)

Alright, I posted my photos from the event on my picasa. Let me know if anyone wants a higher res photo then the ones up there.

http://picasaweb.google.com/cconmy/AppleSeed4172010?feat=directlink

Dude where are the videos of the 6 year old shooting the Barrett .50?

Never mind the vids are in there. That is awesome I couldn't believe the 6 year old wanted to shoot it again & again!!!

The rifle is bigger than him!

That was a hoot, spend a day fighting follow through, fliching and bucking, and then when it is all good, have them fire a Barret!!!

I should be grounded for that, but they both shot well on Sunday, and of course they are still talking about it!! Thanks for the compliments on my two yoots!

I have a few more pics to take on my trusty disposable, and then I will get them developed.

Do I need to join that site? I can view any of the pics/videos???

Also, PLEASE add your story to the AAR on the Appleseed Forum!!! It would be greatly appreciated ;)

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=13168.0

Archived