Chgo Magazine Bans...Conversation With Cops

AuroraInstructor

I was told just last weekend that hollow points wasn't allowed for CCL, this was from a friend whose a LEO for CPD. I've tried to explain to him but he's one that's stick to what he believe.

Where on earth would he get that idea?

People will say anything without thinking about it whether it's right, wrong, dangerous or otherwise.

I was in the level 2 Force on Force course taught by Rockdiver at Blackflag, Dino at Spartan, and Bigdeesul. There were several police recruits there. They were about 5-6 weeks into training. They said they've already been "warned" about concealed carry permit holders. They've been told to not argue with them because permit holders usually know the law.

I was in the level 2 Force on Force course taught by Rockdiver at Blackflag, Dino at Spartan, and Bigdeesul. There were several police recruits there. They were about 5-6 weeks into training. They said they've already been "warned" about concealed carry permit holders. They've been told to not argue with them because permit holders usually know the law.

Outstanding!

I was told just last weekend that hollow points wasn't allowed for CCL, this was from a friend whose a LEO for CPD. I've tried to explain to him but he's one that's stick to what he believe.

Your friend could very well make a bad arrest and end up getting the department sued, not to mention infringing on someone doing nothing wrong. convince him to read the law before he jams himself up good.

Yet another reason to love my 1911. I'll take 9 heavy hitting 10mm rounds over 16 of something else with a side of getting jammed up.Get a Glock and you won't have to worry about the jam-o-matic 1911.

Yeah we all know gaston created "perfection" with a Sasquatch grip and the worst trigger in the industry. It's impossible for one to jam because he impregnated the super special plastic with Austrian fairy farts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't see why everyone is having problems with this what we really want is the ability to carry HE, Willy Pete and Smoke grenades on public transportation in Illinois...some bothers you on the train.....give them a face full of shrapnel....he has friends use the Willy Pete and burn their faces off......does anyone doubt that after the 4th of 5th grenade attack by a citizen that the thugs stop attacking civilians...a step up would be Claymore mines with chin straps. I am so tired of stop gap solutions....and I am sure CPD won't mind seeing people in flak vests commuting to work.

If he's your friend and you care about him, tell him he's in danger of getting sued if he actually arrests someone for this. Better yet, hand him a copy of the law and ask him to point it out to you.

Last week I had to be in the loop for business and spotted a Chicago Police Officer with a Sergeant, so I thought I would talk to them.

Nice guys, and they even said "We're not gun grabbers." BUT... the officer told me the magazine capacity was limited by law to TEN rounds. I politely explained the real ordinance, but even the Sergeant was in the dark...

Molly / Todd.... Any update on challenging the mag capacity in court???? Maybe then these cops would get educated...

Sir:

You're an instructor and you don't already know that many beat cops aren't knowledgable about gun laws?

You might be better served asking if they know who the Vice-President is than if they know how many rounds a guy can carry with a CCW license!

Either IL law is extra complex on guns or cops here don't know or don't care to learn what the rules are. Very different than FL.

Hmmm... Who IS the Vice President? Isn't it Dan Quayle?

Ugh, you guys with this 1911...45acp...10mm talk...I know our egos are invested in our guns right? Just get a Glock 17/19 with 15 rounds of beautiful modern 9mm ammo and your good. Glocks are your friend. They go bang all the time and they accept you for who you are.

C'mon, man, we gotta find some fun somewhere in this state. A little good-natured ribbing about calibers or the relative value of John Moses Browning's Gift To Mankind vs a plastic glockinade might be what we need to keep hope alive. ;)

Glockinade! LOL! Good one...Did Browning come back from the dead to personally hand you "The" 1911 that was hand forged in the dungeons of Browningdom made from valerian steel?

....that doesn't happen to everyone on their 21st birthday?

Your friend could very well make a bad arrest and end up getting the department sued, not to mention infringing on someone doing nothing wrong. convince him to read the law before he jams himself up good.

I expain this to him as well, I even ofter to print off a copy of the law for him. I even asked him to join this forum.

Chicago Police are big on training their cops, so don't believe the stories that CPD did something wrong because they weren't trained. If they do something, it's because of or despite of their training. Every cop on the street is receiving training, a bunch of it. Its not uncommon to hear them on the scanner talking about going in for various training, and I specifically recall hearing Second Amendment training at one time.

Chicago Police are big on training their cops, so don't believe the stories that CPD did something wrong because they weren't trained. If they do something, it's because of or despite of their training. Every cop on the street is receiving training, a bunch of it. Its not uncommon to hear them on the scanner talking about going in for various training, and I specifically recall hearing Second Amendment training at one time.

I disagree with this statement that they are being trained at least the super secret units. I have direct family in one of the specialize city wide units and well no one in her unit nor in any of the units in the building have received any training concerning concealed weapons. And no i am not referring to the joe's on the street running a beat car or a district tact car. I am referring gang crime units, intelligence units, narcotics units etc etc that most will never have contact or even know they were there.

• 3 weeks later...

My wife has a good friend that is married to a Cook County cop. I have heard him say some things that were unbelievable.

One was that no other states will not honor Illinois permits because we aren't recognizing theirs, this was a couple months ago, wow. Another was that it's illegal for anyone to own a bullet proof vest. He says it with conviction, like he is absolutely sure about it and wants to sound like a know it all. I have heard enough BS, not just firearms related but in general, that I don't believe anything he says now. It's a shame because otherwise he's a pretty cool guy.

My wife has a good friend that is married to a Cook County cop. I have heard him say some things that were unbelievable.

One was that no other states will not honor Illinois permits because we aren't recognizing theirs, this was a couple months ago, wow. Another was that it's illegal for anyone to own a bullet proof vest. He says it with conviction, like he is absolutely sure about it and wants to sound like a know it all. I have heard enough BS, not just firearms related but in general, that I don't believe anything he says now. It's a shame because otherwise he's a pretty cool guy.

Some people (and this is not specific to police officers) think they know much more than they actually do. It's unfortunate, because there is no shame in not knowing. Usually takes nothing more than a Google search to learn the correct answer...

My first question when anyone makes such a claim is for the specific statute.

I love it!

If you can't dazzle them with your brilliance, baffle em with your bullsh*t lol

I live in suburban Cook (Palatine). I've ordered 17 round mags for my M&P 9FS with no problem, shipped to my work address, which is in DuPage County. My billing address clearly shows I'm in Cook County. I've ordered from several places and no one has questioned me at all.

Unfortunately IL law requires ammo be delivered to your FOID or DL address.

Unfortunately IL law requires ammo be delivered to your FOID or DL address.

Nothing makes sense with ammo shippers. They are afraid to ship to Chicago which isn't illegal but they will ship to a different address than on your FOID which is very illegal.

I've found that I can just have them ship to my families summer house in Indiana and they don't even ask for a FOID and my billing address is in Chicago. Doesn't work in winter though since no one is there to get the package and I don't want to leave it sitting there for months.

Archived