Lawson v Chicago - Mayhem edition

Victory!

The nutshell is that SKS rifles, in their original configuration, are registerable.

:rolleyes: :yes1: :yes1: :yes1:

Just wondering, but what about a SKS w/bayonet?

Wouldn't Cook Co. ban still cover that, or would Chicago's home rule trump it?

Yes, bayonet is allowed. And Cook Cty ban does not apply to Chicago due to home rule, as you suggest.

Victory!

The nutshell is that SKS rifles, in their original configuration, are registerable.

:yes1: :yes1: :yes1: :yes1:

Just wondering, but what about a SKS w/bayonet?

Wouldn't Cook Co. ban still cover that, or would Chicago's home rule trump it?

Yes, bayonet is allowed. And Cook Cty ban does not apply to Chicago due to home rule, as you suggest.

Beautiful. For once, Chicago's home rule works to OUR advantage. :rolleyes:

Just want to know that I love the work you've done, even though I don't live in your state. Anything to help keep their kind on the defensive instead of the offensive will force them to place their resources in the same place. Between people like you and the big dogs like Gura, you'll be living in the United States again after all!

Great work, all!

I love this part:

The City objected to the presence of the rifles and the City witnesses declined to examine the subject rifles. City’s objection was overruled.

The City witness, Officer Biggins, contends that the subject rifles have the capability of accepting a detachable magazine with a flick of a sharp object or a bullet without structural changes to the weapon. Officer Biggins testified that “the process” does not allow him to demonstrate this potential alteration to the subject weapons.

I love this part:

The City objected to the presence of the rifles and the City witnesses declined to examine the subject rifles. City's objection was overruled.

The City witness, Officer Biggins, contends that the subject rifles have the capability of accepting a detachable magazine with a flick of a sharp object or a bullet without structural changes to the weapon. Officer Biggins testified that "the process" does not allow him to demonstrate this potential alteration to the subject weapons.

Yep, it's Real easy to do.....he just doesn't know how to do it.:lol:

Congrats on the win FF.:headbang1:

This ruling is HUGE and goes way beyond just a few SKS's since it basically allows anything to become registrable in it's original unmodified form.

let SCC know what happened with the hearing, i'm sure they will have some good fun with the city attorneys and Chicago cops that were involved with this.....

Between people like you and the big dogs like Gura, you'll be living in the United States again after all!

I beg to differ. People like Mr. & Mrs. FF, Mr. McDonald, Ms. Shepard and Mr. Moore *are* the big dogs.

Without people willing to stick their necks out,

to stand up and the fight the system to right the wrongs,

all the lawyers in the world can do nothing.

Between people like you and the big dogs like Gura, you'll be living in the United States again after all!

I beg to differ. People like Mr. & Mrs. FF, Mr. McDonald, Ms. Shepard and Mr. Moore *are* the big dogs.

Without people willing to stick their necks out,

to stand up and the fight the system to right the wrongs,

all the lawyers in the world can do nothing.

+1000!!

Archived