HELP - Problem renewing, and cannot get a hold of anyone on the phone...

I hope someone can help with this...

My wife was having issues renewing her CCL. We tried renewing it when I renewed mine, but it was to early. So we waited till it was closer to to expiring. We then went on vacation and when we returned, we tried to renew it and the online portion was still not allowing it to be renewed. We have called ISP at 217-782-7980 about 2 dozen times now and it always just goes to the "call back at a later time" message. I had it ring one time yesterday for 5 minutes and then it disconnected without being picked up. Her CCL expired last week and I believe she is now screwed and will have to take the 16 hours all over again (based on the paper work). She is getting ready to drive down to Springfield tomorrow to try to talk to someone in person, but we are not even sure where she would need to go.

Does anyone have any experience with this, or have any info that might help? I have tried looking for a e-mail address or another number, but always get transferred to the same line that is NEVER answered. I would think that this type of behavior from them would be a huge legal issue considering it is the only method people have that either (1) don't have a computer, or (2) have a problem using the web based renewal.

Archived