Thousands Join African American Gun Group

mauserme

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/06/11/thousands-join-african-american-gun-group-after-george-floyds-death/

Thousands Join African American Gun Group After George Floyd’s Death

by AWR HAWKINS 11 Jun 2020

The National African American Gun Association (NAAGA) gained thousands of members following the May 25 death of George Floyd.

On September 16, 2015, Breitbart News spoke with NAAGA founder Philip Smith, who was focused on opening the black community’s eyes to the importance of gun ownership for self-defense.

Smith made clear that he recognizes that citizens of all races have a right to keep and bear arms, but he focused on the black community because of personal experiences of going to the shooting range and being the only black person there. He hoped to be part of an impetus for black citizens to understand the Second Amendment is theirs as well.

On June 11, 2020, PRNewswire reported that a partnership between Ammo.com and the gun rights group “indicates Rise in African American Gun Ownership.”

Moreover, NAAGA, which was founded with 30 members in 2015, now has over 40,000. And Smith says the group added 2,000 members “in 36 hours after George Floyd.”

He added, “That broke our records. We’re getting a ton of folks from all over.”

“The right to self defense is natural, color-blind, and enshrined in our Constitution,” Ammo.com’s Alex Horsman noted.

Love this. Excellent news. How do we reach out and join forces with them to coordinate legislative initiatives?

I plan to join today. They are open to all races and creeds.

As a white guy, don't say their name fast like it's a word, the result is a little too close to something offensive.

I'm with Luckydawg.

How will these NAAGA members vote? Are they going to research how the political parties TREAT gun owners?! It amazes me that the AA demographic continues to vote for Democratic politicians while getting ZERO return on their vote.

With all that Pres.Trump has done for African Americans, I would think you'd hear more praise from them. I just don't see or hear it ... except on Fox Business.

They have a very nice website. You all should spend some time checking it out. https://naaga.co/

They have a very nice website. You all should spend some time checking it out. https://naaga.co/

As TRJ says they have a nice website. They had some fantastic growth going from 30 members 5 years ago to 40,000 how did they do it?

Wonder why they segregate? If it was "National Caucasian American Gun Association (NCAGA)" the cries of "RACIST!!!!!!!!!!" would be heard globally.

I hate double standards/hypocrisy.

I spoke to one of the guys from one of the several local chapters in the Charlotte area. Cool dude. If he and his attitudes are representative of the group overall, I'd say they made the right choice and it shouldn't matter what they call themselves. This guy was NOT a racist. He was a conservative christian man, he was homeschooling his kids, and he opposes about 90% of the crud happening right now in the streets. So far as I'm concerned he's a better man than many of the guys I meet at my new club. Building bridges isn't easy. I'm definitely willing to try and fail. Then I'll try again.

Wonder why they segregate? If it was "National Caucasian American Gun Association (NCAGA)" the cries of "RACIST!!!!!!!!!!" would be heard globally.

A lot of people believe no black/African American lives matter. That's why America needs to heal this race divide. Can't move forward if we dont agree we are Americans not divide races.

A lot of people believe no black/African American lives matter. That's why America needs to heal this race divide. Can't move forward if we dont agree we are Americans not divide races.

I don't think most people believe that, though. The number has to be getting smaller and smaller each year. This perpetuation of that narrative is doing more harm than good, I think.

Good let's hope they join the NRA and Vote Republican

Community outreach is much more important. Even if those communities dont/cant vote conservative or dont vote at all. Build enough momentum across a broad base of communities and gun control becomes a 3rd rail politicians stop pissing on.

Electorialism and even having a candidate on your ballot that lets you keep any gun is privilege. In Illinois you are losing that privilege via gerrymandering and the civilian disarmament complex buying Republican candidates. Being able to move to a more pro gun/conservative state is also a privilege most here dont have.

The DNC systematically opposes democracy and the 2nd amendment. You cant blame certain communities for the DNCs 100+ year stranglehold on major cities, its been architected across generations. Heck, even conservatives on this board prominently declared they werent going to vote for Rauner so even your own community cant be won over.

This vote conservative join the NRA apathy is why were losing.

Youre not Caucasian, you are likely a member of one or more cultural communities. There is no such thing as white culture, Caucasian culture, or a white community. So forming a white gun club would be suspect.

Dont fall for the cultural Marxism/hegemony bait where we attempt to destroy culture under the guise of manufactured constructs of race.

Culture can be conservatism, where you live, where youre from, what you do for a living, etc. Nobody would bat an eye if you formed, for instance, the Irish American gun club, the Conservatives for gun rights PAC, Sons of the Revolution re-enactment group, Machinists Union of firearm manufacturers, etc.

Many cultures have good representation in America. White male conservatives are overly represented in the gun community, outsiders feel alienated, and it becomes self destructive. The African American culture, especially when it comes to gun rights does not have good representation. Hence the reason for the existence of the National African American Gun Association and a handful of other groups.

He was a conservative christian man, he was homeschooling his kids, and he opposes about 90% of the crud happening right now in the streets. So far as I'm concerned he's a better man than many of the guys I meet at my new club. Building bridges isn't easy.

/\exactly this, you dont win a culture war by continually burning every cultural bridge you come across due to every little difference.

Archived