Former ATF idiot that Todd deconstructed in committee gets LTE in Trib

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Black Flag

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:20 PM

You guys and gals with access to the comment section in the Trib, you know what to do.

http://www.chicagotr...0519-story.html

The recent commentary concerning Illinois Senate Bill 1657, the Gun Dealer Licensing Act, totally missed the point and offered huge distortions of facts. The opposition to this bill can be summed up by one thing and one thing only: the desire to keep the firearms industry loosely regulated and the guns free-flowing to our most distressed communities.

Senate Bill 1657 is designed to stop the illegal flow of guns from gun dealers who are not living up to their responsibilities, as defined by the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. A few rogue gun dealers have willfully and systematically sold guns to dangerous gang members and others not entitled to possess them. As a retired ATF special agent, I know that this federal agency has good intentions but neither the resources nor the congressional support to crack down on this handful of bad gun dealers.

more

Posted Image

#2 spec5

Nuclear Member

• Members
  • 4,191 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:57 PM

I thought the bill was to put legal gun dealers out of business. I still think that.
NRA Member Life Member
ISRA Member
Illinois Carry
Pershing Nuclear Missile 56th Field Artillery Brigade Veteran
1/41 Field Artillary Germany

#3 Lou

Resident Old Guy

• Supporting Members Team
  • 12,370 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:29 PM

Added my $.02.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -  George Orwell

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again. 

#4 Bo69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:12 PM

Why isn't Holder and Obama in prison ?

#5 chislinger

• 5,277 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:35 PM

Done.
"I'm not worried about following the U.S. Constitution." - Washington County, Alabama Judge Nick Williams

#6 TRJ

Joyful Stoic

• 6,432 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 04:39 AM

I think it could be telling if we knew how much the former ATF guy makes for his advocacy. Is there a bonus if he squashes a bill with his testimony? We could start referring to him as the Former ATF Guy Who Failed to Affect Change While He Was A Big Shot Supervisor So Now He Shills For Bloomberg Cash.

#7 dumpnpump

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 06:18 AM

My concern is that the former ATF guy may be trying to infect my machine with a virus or other maleware.  When attempting to read the links in his posts my anti virus software gives me nagograms about the integrity of the site I am attempting to download from.  What would Bloomberg pay to silence the entire site and heaven forbid, silence Molly and Todd et. al. 

#8 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 14,404 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 08:44 AM

Instead of 'former ATF' agent, he should be referred to as "lobbyist for" . . .

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#9 Raw Power

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 08:57 AM

Added my $.02.

Very well said. Thanks for putting that in there. Even-handed, to the point, factual, and on message.

Who is he a lobbyist for?

#10 skinnyb82

• Members
  • 5,845 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 10:07 AM

Jones has provided affidavits in support of practically every single AWB or other blatant 2A infringement. The 3 judge panel in Kolbe even pointed out his statement that he wishes to ban ARs but uses one for home defense. It's his go-to for home defense. It doesn't get any more hypocritical. ETA: He's a Bloomberg/MDA shill (lobbyist, same thing) Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Edited by skinnyb82, 20 May 2017 - 10:08 AM.

NRA Member
SAF Member
C&R License Holder

#11 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 14,404 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 10:53 AM

Added my $.02.

Very well said. Thanks for putting that in there. Even-handed, to the point, factual, and on message.

Who is he a lobbyist for?

He is the director for 'National Law Enforcement Partnership to Prevent Gun Violence".  He said his wife works for one of the other anti-Second Amendment groups.

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#12 357

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 11:20 AM

Bloomberg
If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.
James Madison

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
Edmund Burke

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act"
George Orwell

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will loose both"
Benjamin Franklin

#13 BobPistol

• Members
  • 7,163 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 12:24 PM

Why isn't Holder and Obama in prison ?

Too many cronies got enriched by them.  

The Second Amendment of the Constitution protects the rest.

#14 Dieter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 02:21 PM

So the ATF cant do its job, so the broke state of IL. should do it for them?

#15 InterestedBystander

• 2,875 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 02:57 PM

Even when the ATF comes in and does a thorough review for three weeks, the state antis arent happy when they find nothing and the dealer continues to do business...so the state "must do something".
NRA Life Member
ISRA Member

#16 Evil Porkchop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 03:29 PM

The Bloomberg/ATF shill wrote a piece that Harmon is citing on his FB page had to give my 2 cents.

#17 markthesignguy

S39-(D)D.Harmon(F-) R77-(D)K.Willis(F-)

• 2,313 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 04:13 PM

The Bloomberg/ATF shill wrote a piece that Harmon is citing on his FB page had to give my 2 cents.

That piece is from "the trace" which is Bloomberg's SPECIFICALLY created to be anti-gun rag.

Everything printed in it is subtly slanted to the gun-grabber position and mindset.

It is INTENDED to provide these "legitimate sounding" links to "gun related" stories.

Eventually it's reputation will catch up with it,
but in the few years before that happens is all that Bloomie cares about.

Like MAIG - discredited and (all but?) dead, but it tried to do damage.

About The Trace The Trace is an independent, nonprofit news organization dedicated to expanding coverage of guns in the United States. We believe that our country’s epidemic rates of firearm-related violence are coupled with a second problem: a shortage of information about the issue at large.

Edited by markthesignguy, 20 May 2017 - 04:20 PM.

Sign, sign, everywhere a sign......

#18 357

• 596 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 10:34 PM

I tried to post a comment but need to be a subscriber. Here is my 2 cents, anyone who is a subscriber feel free to copy it or change it and please post it in the comments. I would have paid for a subscription but don't trust the Tribune with my information.

This article is full of misinformation and a well crafted charade from a Bloomberg lobbyist. The previous commentary presented facts, all you present is propaganda.

The title of the article is code for Bloomberg has found a way to put gun dealers out of business.

You try to fool people by making it sound like the gun industry sells guns directly to criminals. All gun dealers are living up to their responsibilities and you know it. Do you have evidence that any dealer is not living up to their responsibilities so you can bring it to the ATF so they can be shut down? Didn't think so, all lies.

You are blaming and trying to make federally licensed gun dealers responsible for the actions of criminals and using criminals as an excuse to shut them down.

Illinois State Police already has the authority to aid in enforcement and protect public safety and can inspect dealers and their records anytime and can trace any gun. Fact: before a gun dealer can sell a gun in Illinois it has to get approval by the Illinois State Police who conducts a background check and keeps records of all transactions and individuals who purchased a gun like registration.

This law is not necessary. Everything this law proposes to do is already being done and on the books but that is a diversion and not the true purpose of this law. The true purpose of this law is to make as many gun dealers as possible go out of business and to advance Bloomberg's agenda.

Gangbangers don't care about ATF resources and inspections and that's not why the shootings are happening in Chicago. Criminals cannot buy guns legally so this law doesn't do anything to address gang violence but nice try we are not fooled

A recent "study" by the Johns Hopkins Center for Gun Policy and Research paid by Bloomberg

Clearly this legislation is designed to put gun dealers out of business under the guise of stopping illegal flow of guns.

Gun dealers sell legal guns to people who pass a background check not illegal guns. This legislation is misdirected on purpose instead of focusing on criminals who sell illegal guns and getting them off the streets and prosecuting them.

Criminals currently get a slap on the wrist and probation but that serves your agenda for more gun control, like the girl Simone Mousheh who got probation recently for pleading guilty to 4 felony counts of being a straw purchaser. What about passing laws against gangs and straw purchasers and prosecuting them intead of lawful federally licensed firearms dealers.

http://www.dailyhera...news/170419171/

Your "sensible" gun laws and incremental gun control like this law advance Bloomberg's agenda and are designed to one day take away the guns from the law abiding so only the criminals will have them

This legislation takes away the freedom and makes people unsafe and at the mercy of criminals. It will affect the poor and middle class by making buying a gun too expensive.

It has nothing to do with protecing citizens and it will make citizens less safe and cost prohibitive to have the means to defend themselves. By shutting gun dealers it will make guns less available for the law abiding and will not affect the criminals who cannot buy guns legally, more lies.

It will affect people in poor communities the most who need a gun the most for protection and will not be able to afford one. It will not affect gangbangers who sell drugs and can afford it and already pay double or triple for guns on the street.
If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.
James Madison

Edmund Burke

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act"
George Orwell

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will loose both"
Benjamin Franklin

#19 357

• 596 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 03:04 PM

The ATF does their job and has revoked dealer licenses when they have broken the law. That's the excuse they are giving but have no proof that they are not doing their job and are lying because they have nothing else to justify this charade and unnecessary law.
James Madison

Edmund Burke

George Orwell

Benjamin Franklin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users