Video of House Judiciary Hearing Opponents on SB1657

InterestedBystander

House Judiciary Hearing on Licensing and Regulating Small Retail Gun Stores

Someone else in another post was looking for video of this but I could not find the thread. ilgunlobby posted this story which has a youtube link

http://www.illinoischannel.org/2017/05/19/house-judiciary-hearing-on-licensing-and-regulating-small-retail-gun-stores/

(appears to be the opposition only i.e. Todd and Maxons owner. runs about 41 minutes)

I didnt rewatch video so I dont know if its included, but I enjoyed watching the ex ATF guy get shut down. He was pretty annoying.

It's basically just Todd and Dan, would love to see a video of all the testimonies.

The Antigun ex ATF guy was called back to address some things Todd had said e.g he insisted there were never unannounced inspections. He got snarky with Todd and then one of the Reps laid the smackdown on exATF guy for interrupting the Rep as he was trying to talk asking ATF guy what he did while there to try and fix all of these issues he was talking about.

I didnt rewatch video so I dont know if its included, but I enjoyed watching the ex ATF guy get shut down. He was pretty annoying.

It's basically just Todd and Dan, would love to see a video of all the testimonies.

The Antigun ex ATF guy was called back to address some things Todd had said e.g he insisted there were never unannounced inspections. He got snarky with Todd and then one of the Reps laid the smackdown on exATF guy for interrupting the Rep as he was trying to talk asking ATF guy what he did while there to try and fix all of these issues he was talking about.

Is there a place I could find the full video? I need some entertainment.

Is there a place I could find the full video? I need some entertainment.

I dont think so unless someone else like IllinoisChannel above released a copy to youtube. The ILGA does not host audio/video archives afaik. Blueroom stream used to archive their recordings, but they dont seem to be recording as many sessions as before as well as now requiring passwords.

the black democrat sure is a slick talking guy,he out talked everyone else i the room but he was totally full of chit,typical lib ,just a better speaker maybe the next obama!

I saw the whole video. I agree, he is very intelligent. He liked playing the "what is a protected class" game. No relevance. This isn't a "dealer issue", it's a "people issue". The state should be talking to the Feds how to enforce the laws already on the books, instead they are going to legislate our dealers out of business. It's a crappy bill.

the black democrat sure is a slick talking guy,he out talked everyone else i the room but he was totally full of chit,typical lib ,just a better speaker maybe the next obama!

I saw the whole video. I agree, he is very intelligent. He liked playing the "what is a protected class" game. No relevance. This isn't a "dealer issue", it's a "people issue". The state should be talking to the Feds how to enforce the laws already on the books, instead they are going to legislate our dealers out of business. It's a crappy bill.

He was baiting and trying to trap the panel. Has nothing to do with intelligence although he probably took an intro class in debate and philosophy.

His primary tactic was false dilemma. Basic argument from people with agendas and no interest in the data.

-If you could discriminate, you could stop the purchases. If not, you can't.-

What one of the panel members was discussing is being sued under protected class law. This could be Christians or any other class. But, Mitchell said black.

The panel member was describing the state of law in the real world.

At 29:22 Representative Mitchell asks about gun shops and revenues and imply that they should be able to pay the $5500 license fee. "If you're not making enough to ofset a $5500 license selling guns in America maybe you wanna try something else or perhaps need more training"

A $5500 license to exercise a constitutional right or no right for you and do something else or get more training. Really? Aren't most FFL's in Illinois home based?

They can't afford the license and hundreds of them will close as designed by the proponents of the law and it should have been pointed out. My FFL is a police officer who does it part time and will close if this becomes law.

The dead bodies which you are using as a shield are not from the lawful FFL dealers you are trying to shut down and it's not a hypothetical but from gang bangers. Why don't you pass a law and do something about them intead of advacing Bloomberg's agenda. We are not fooled and our rights are not for sale.

"At some point that gun came from a FFL"

It's obvious he wants to shut down all FFL.

"Nobody wants your guns"

Are we are supposed to believe that.

"Defanged ATF"

Gangbangers cannot buy guns legally so how will this law be helpful.

Wow the misinformation at 33:07, yes their is a standard for dealers and you can get the inventory evidence and video evidence and kids are not ending up dead because of dealer standards.

How can it be a flawed process and a good bill?

Who is the lady he is winking to and smiling?

It's a shame that with more than 2 million gun owners in Illinois we are playing defense to exercise our rights against lies and this charade organized from people from out of state. People should get involved and not think they got theirs and not care and think everything is fine and their rights cannot be taken away.

The people behind this website and ISRA are the reason you got a license and it took years of struggle. Mauser should not have to beg for people to file witness slips. All 220,000 CCL holders should be members of this site and ISRA instead of just 10,000 and should get involved with witness slips and calling their representative or they will get a rude awakening one day seeing their gun range shut down and the transfer fee $200.

They always try to play the "kids end up dead" mantra. Well, kids die of overdoses of drugs all the time and they are illegal to manufacture and sell. So how will this bill prevent anything?

And if he thinks that you can just produce guns in your basement illegally, then what's the point in regulating gun shops?

When he started talking about making guns at home, it made me think they want to legislate the 80% lowers/frames next.

Archived