Small Victory: Granite City Schaumburg no longer posted

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 soylentgreen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:47 PM

Several weekends ago, I was invited to a private party held at Granite City. I checked the Posted! app before heading out. The location I was going to in Schaumburg was shown on the app to be posted. I went there fully expecting to see the sign and have to go back to my car to lock up my weapon.

As I approached the main entrance, I saw no sign. I looked everywhere. I looked inside the first set of doors. Nothing! I carried the entire time and was happy. I updated the app. You're good to go, fellas (and ladies)! Someone's displeasure must've been heard by the Granite City management. A victory!

#2 soundguy

• Supporting Members Team
  • 4,466 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:38 PM

Shame they have mediocre beer!

Life is a cooperative venture... That's what makes it work.

#3 matkinson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 02:30 PM

I rather like their beer, but I've only been in out of state locations.

#4 Lou

Resident Old Guy

• 12,418 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 02:39 PM

I noticed that Nicksons in LaGrange took down their sign too.
There is a photo shop in Downers Grove that peeled the sign of recently too.

Progress - slow but still progress.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -  George Orwell

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again. 

#5 soundguy

• 4,466 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 05:35 PM

I rather like their beer, but I've only been in out of state locations.

The beer (and the food) is exactly the same at all locations.

They brew at a "commissary" brewhouse in St Cloud, MN, for QC and efficiency, truck it in cold tankers and ferment at each location. No local brewers required.

The beer is always clean and never adventurous nor an outstanding example of it's style.

The food had always been pretty good.

It is excellent they don't post the no gun sign!

I their beginning, they had three *flavors which were tap-blended to "create" other flavors. "Fermentus Interuptus" is a clever way to McDonaldize craft beer. And GCB does a pretty good job if you want that kind of forced consistency in a product with so many possible joyous variations.

Were I as serious about politics and guns as I am about beer...

*I can't say styles... None of them were appropriate to style.

Life is a cooperative venture... That's what makes it work.

#6 blck10th

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 06:00 PM

Rock Bottom sign was so small and at the bottom of the door. I missed it until I left and was looking downward. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#7 Xwing

• Members
  • 8,466 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 07:05 AM

It's great to see the success stories!  While it's true that new businesses are posted each day, existing businesses are "un-posted" each day too.  It's great to see when a business is removed from "Posted!".  Keep on talking to your local business owners and managers; the more of us who do so, the better our chances of them being "un-posted"

NRA Lifetime Member
IGOLD 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
CCW Laws: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Posted anti-gun business listing: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Gun Range Tools & Logs: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Illinois Government: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)

#8 04 Cobra

• PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 01:00 PM

Nice!  very cool place to have dinner. 

#9 matkinson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 03:53 PM

Nice!

#10 Tango7

• Members
  • 4,661 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 09:19 PM

Progress - slow but still progress.

We've watched this happen in state after state after state because the law of probability based on historical precedent somehow becomes invalid crossing state lines, like GA to FL to IN to MO to IA to MN to WI to IL...:

CCW law gets discussed/passed (or in the case of Illannoys rammed up Madigan's coal chute).
Much ballyhooing, crying, wailing, moaning and gnashing of teeth.
Predictions of "blood in the streets", "John Wayne Rambo", "Uzis from ice-cream trucks", "OK Corral" and "teh chillun".
CCW goes into effect.
The ninnies and machine {D}imwits convince tons of people to post because see above.
<time passes>
Crime increase predicted due to CCW fails to materialize.
Criminals predicted to get CCW fails to happen with enough regularity to be statistically significant.
"Road rage gunfights" by CCW holders doesn't happen.
CCW holders predicted to shoot people wrongly / by mistake fails to materialize.
CCW holders getting routinely killed by police as predicted by political appointees with badges (chiefs) fails to happen.

Eventually the number of posted locations goes down.

In some states they even realize that the CCW folks really aren't the problem, and they lower renewal costs and recert requirements... of course, no other state I'm aware of had two governors make unilateral cuts to the sole agency responsible for vetting gun owners, then cut funding to the state crime lab, then lay the burden on law abiding gun owners to bring them back to functional strength.

Edited by Tango7, 15 June 2017 - 09:20 PM.

You will not 'rise to the occasion', you will default to your level of training - plan accordingly.

Despite their rallying around us at election time, honoring only 8 hours of Illinois' 40+ hour law enforcement class towards a 16 hour requirement shows the contempt that our elected officials hold us in.

#11 BrowningHP

• Members
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 09:21 PM

Going to make it a point to stop by and spend some cash there. I love businesses who stay out of big city politics

#12 soylentgreen

• Members
  • 769 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:08 AM

Going to make it a point to stop by and spend some cash there. I love businesses who stay out of big city politics

Please do!

But, according to the Posted! app, there are only 17 restaurants in Schaumburg that are posted. That leaves a heck of a lot of options. It's very easy to avoid anti-gun establishments. And, I know for certain some are posted with non-compliant signs...which, according to the ISP "may not be enforceable". From what I know, there hasn't been a single arrest where a non-compliant sign is posted. And, I do know of a number of cases where police failed to make an arrest because the sign was not compliant (or even that a compliant sign was obscured).

I'm of the opinion that posted businesses should be avoided even if they're non-compliant...not because it's illegal...but because they're taking an anti-gun stance. I don't want to give my money to people like that.

#13 Xwing

• Members
  • 8,466 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 09:29 AM

30% of all Posted! locations in the US are in Illinois.  Our state has a unique challenge in a large anti-gun culture (in recent history) and enacting CCW laws so late in the game.  We just need to keep pushing on the businesses who've posted to change their mind and meanwhile reward those who have not with our business.

NRA Lifetime Member
IGOLD 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
CCW Laws: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Posted anti-gun business listing: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Gun Range Tools & Logs: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Illinois Government: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)

#14 soylentgreen

• Members
  • 769 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 09:41 AM

30% of all Posted! locations in the US are in Illinois.  Our state has a unique challenge in a large anti-gun culture (in recent history) and enacting CCW laws so late in the game.  We just need to keep pushing on the businesses who've posted to change their mind and meanwhile reward those who have not with our business.

I absolutely agree. But, generally, even living in Cook County, I can easily avoid anti-gun businesses. There are always alternatives. I'd say 95% of the places I want to go are not posted. Of those that are, some are mandatory by statute (city hall, library, etc). I just go elsewhere and usually never go back. If they can afford to lose customers, good on them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users