Photo

Illinois General Assembly 2/22/2011

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
38 replies to this topic

#31 abolt243

Tim Bowyer

• 11,698 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 05:47 PM

Just confirmed, Kelly Burke was the no vote, Mary Flowers was absent.
Are you a member of the ISRA?? If not, why not?? Join over 18,000 other Illinois gun owners in the fight for your rights!!!

The Roman Empire fell due to a large, corrupt government, overspending, an overextended military, insecure borders, and the illegal immigration of Goths, barbarians (anyone who was not educated), and religious fanatics. Sound familiar?

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."
--Samuel Adams

Luke 11:21 - "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed." NASB

#32 F12Mahon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 06:39 PM

HB0005 - Wildlife Code Case Definition

Does this make the center console a container now? My reading of it says it does.

Eugene

#33 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 15,316 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 06:41 PM

Kelly Burke is new this year and from the Evergreen Park/Oak Lawn area. If you are in House district 36,
now would be a good time to be contacting her and politely letting her know you expect her to
protect your right to protect yourself and your family.

kellyb@ilga.gov

Springfield Office:
266-S Stratton Office Building
Springfield, IL 62706
(217) 782-0515
(217) 789-4899 FAX

District Office:
5144 W. 95th St.
Oak Lawn, IL 60453
(708) 425-0571
(708) 425-0642 FAX
"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#34 abolt243

Tim Bowyer

• 11,698 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 06:42 PM

HB0005 - Wildlife Code Case Definition

Does this make the center console a container now? My reading of it says it does.

Eugene

It appears to make the Wildlife code and the criminal code the same in their definition of the word case. The Supreme court decision in Diggens found that a center console is a case.
Are you a member of the ISRA?? If not, why not?? Join over 18,000 other Illinois gun owners in the fight for your rights!!!

The Roman Empire fell due to a large, corrupt government, overspending, an overextended military, insecure borders, and the illegal immigration of Goths, barbarians (anyone who was not educated), and religious fanatics. Sound familiar?

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."
--Samuel Adams

Luke 11:21 - "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed." NASB

#35 TTIN

si vis pacem, para bellum

• Members
  • 3,526 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 07:11 PM

That means 5 more people are jumping on the winning bandwagon!! :frantics:

Why did Michael Unes remove himself as cosponsor? Was it because he is sponsoring a different LTC bill?

2/15/2011 House Added Co-Sponsor Rep. Michael Unes
2/17/2011 House Added Chief Co-Sponsor Rep. Michael Unes
2/17/2011 House Removed Co-Sponsor Rep. Michael Unes

he a Chief Co-sponsor now not just a Co-sponsor

1/21/2011 House Added Chief Co-Sponsor Rep. Dan Reitz
2/17/2011 House Remove Chief Co-Sponsor Rep. Dan Reitz
2/17/2011 House Added Co-Sponsor Rep. Dan Reitz

Reitz went the other way form a chief to just a co

we now have
Phelps as filer
4 Chief Co-Sponsors
20 Co-Sponsors

OIC...thanks.
Patrick Henry: "Are we at last brought to such a humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our own defense".

"God made men,but Colt made them equals"

"Guns don't kill people..husbands who come home early do" -Larry The Cable Guy

"Illinois: Will the Defendant Please Rise?"

"si vis pacem, para bellum"

#36 defaultdotxbe

• Members
  • 5,160 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 07:46 PM

WILL HB008 MAKE THE COOK COUNTY AWB NULL AND VOID?

looks like it should, combined with HB0003 it looks like it would overturn all gun laws not enacted at the state level (IE all the hoops you have to jump through in chicago)

"The cheek of every American must tingle with shame as he reads the silly,
flat, and dishwatery utterances of the man who has to be pointed out to
intelligent foreigners as the President of the United States."
-Chicago Times review of Lincoln's Gettysburg Address.

#37 Hatchet

• Supporting Members Team
  • 2,761 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 07:51 PM

Kelly Burke is new this year and from the Evergreen Park/Oak Lawn area. If you are in House district 36,
now would be a good time to be contacting her and politely letting her know you expect her to
protect your right to protect yourself and your family.

kellyb@ilga.gov

Springfield Office:
266-S Stratton Office Building
Springfield, IL 62706
(217) 782-0515
(217) 789-4899 FAX

District Office:
5144 W. 95th St.
Oak Lawn, IL 60453
(708) 425-0571
(708) 425-0642 FAX

i'm 2 blocks away from the 36th, i'm in the 35th... but i'm gunna drop her a line right now...

just sent

Representative Kelly Burke,

As I am watching a few bills in the 97th General Assembly, I was deeply saddened to see that you had voted against six bills. These six bills do mean a lot to me and a great many more of this state. You voted no against items that attack our 2nd amendment rights. With these votes so far, it shows that you do not represent a great number of people here in Illinois.

I would like to hope to see you on the side of the American people and that of the the 2nd amendment, which is a right just like the 1st amendment. One bill I would like you to look at, and possible become a sponsor to, is HB0148. The right to carry has been confirmed in 48 states, I don't understand how Illinois should be any different. A ban on carry has done nothing to stop crime, I believe its time for a change.

Thank you in advance for reading this,

"Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it."
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." (Winston Churchill).

#38 milq

• Members
  • 2,992 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:06 PM

I'm a looong way away from Rep. Burke, but I sent a polite email as well in order to remind her that these things affect the entire state.

Not sure if it does any good but it can't hurt.
Good night Chesty, wherever you are.

Visit my Illinois RTC/Pro 2A blog: Steel on Target

#39 Hatchet

• Supporting Members Team
  • 2,761 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:09 PM

I'm a looong way away from Rep. Burke, but I sent a polite email as well in order to remind her that these things affect the entire state.

Not sure if it does any good but it can't hurt.

we'll find out in a few days now wont we lol... yea i'm local and mite try to set up a meeting to see how she views right to carry...
"Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it."
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." (Winston Churchill).