Trump's Supreme Court Pick

lawman

My guess, this guy is the head fake to take the networks off guard when someone else is named.

If he is the real guy, and is a Scalia worthy replacement...great. I question how he could clerk for Kennedy and not be moderate.

Who you work for or learn from is not always an indication of your beliefs.

Doing some reading this guy is as bad if not worse than Kennedy. :no:

United States v. Games-Perez :no:

To be clear he has a style like Scalia, but rulings like Kennedy. :no:

What in his dissent leads you to that conclusion?

According to what I have read elsewhere, his opinion in the dissent was later agreed to by a unanimous vote of SCOTUS.

Just wondering...

He's a guy who routinely rules against anything that empowers the government. He's also an originalist and a textualist.

He gets my nomination. Nancy Pelosi was quoted as saying that he's a horrible candidate that doesn't view law in the modern view of law. If that's not a ringing endorsement for the guy, I don't know what is. She's nuttier than squirrel turds.

He's a guy who routinely rules against anything that empowers the government. He's also an originalist and a textualist.

He gets my nomination. Nancy Pelosi was quoted as saying that he's a horrible candidate that doesn't view law in the modern view of law. If that's not a ringing endorsement for the guy, I don't know what is. She's nuttier than squirrel turds.

Thread winner!!!

If Pelosi ( who is in the House and has no part in the confirmation process) doesn't like him it's the ultimate endorsement

He's a guy who routinely rules against anything that empowers the government.

That's enough for me! :) Less money for cronies!

The senate judiciary committee screamers will be hammering him over religion, abortion, immigration and voting rights. The public self unscrewing of heads on the left is becoming must see tv.

Now what's gonna happen when Trump does things during the confirmation process that causes more outrages, taking the media's focus off the SCOTUS nominee? Go ahead filibuster, the media's harping on a different story and ignoring yours.

Maybe.

The funny thing is, Judge Gorsuch was approved by the Senate unanimously less than 10 years ago. Many of these same Senators who are now wringing their hands and whining, thought that he was perfectly good for the 10th Circuit. He won't get through on a voice vote, but at the end of the day he will get confirmed. Only "better" choice would have been Judge William Prior, but that would be a really contentious nomination fight, more along the lines of the Robert Bork mess. This one should be significantly easier.

The funny thing is, Judge Gorsuch was approved by the Senate unanimously less than 10 years ago. Many of these same Senators who are now wringing their hands and whining, thought that he was perfectly good for the 10th Circuit. He won't get through on a voice vote, but at the end of the day he will get confirmed. Only "better" choice would have been Judge William Prior, but that would be a really contentious nomination fight, more along the lines of the Robert Bork mess. This one should be significantly easier.

Good point. I like the nomination and I'm really curious how this is going to play out. Democratic standoff? New nominee?

If Pelosi ( who is in the House and has no part in the confirmation process) doesn't like him it's the ultimate endorsement

I couldn't put it any better than that. I've never heard of the guy before, but I saw her little news clip last night, and I knew immediately Trump hit a grand slam. YES! Now, if we can get Ginsburg and Breyer to mosey on, and get those seats filled with nice solid conservatives, we will be set for the next couple of decades.

I agree with Lou... except Pelosi is in the wrong "house"... another one comes to mind. (Has something to do with squirrels as DD123 mentioned!)

Archived