Moore/Shepard Ruling Announced

Molly B.

"The court then gave the state Legislature 180 days to craft a new law with "reasonable limitations."

It is now up to the STATE LEGISLATURE to craft a law that will have EVERY resident of the state armed if they meet certain REASONABLE qualifications and wish to.

Spell the language out in such a way that Chicago AND Crook county can NOT cry home rule and get away with it. .

What applies to Cairo or Sangamon County also equally applies to Chicago and Crook county.

The gun stores are crazy busy! If you are looking to carry a specific handgun for concealed carry you better start shopping now. I went to a gun store last night, and I could barely walk around it there. I ended up picking up a Springfield Armory XD 9x19 Sub Compact. The guns are just flying off the shelves. I mean after the waiting period of course. The store associate said the sales have more than tripled in the past week! Most of the guns that were available were the only ones that were on display. Illinois residents were lined up to get their FOID card photos and paperwork processed as well. It is amazing to see all of the people who want to have the right to protect themselves. It is truly a joyous day for Citizens of Illinois. It is an early holiday present for all of us.

Make sure you thank the Second Amendment Foundation, The Illinois State Rile Association & the NRA for all their hard work and dedication to get Illinois to this point. The next step we need to take is to email each and every one of our State Representatives & Senators and tell them that you agree with the 7th Circuit Courts decision in the Shepard V. Madigan case. Explain to them that time is running out for a GOOD CLEAN concealed carry bill to be put in place. A carry bill that does not discourage the average citizen from obtaining a permit. exorbitant fees, and outrageous training, and lots of red tape to cross. Explain to them that it will not benefit the State of Illinois to continue wasting the tax payers money on court fees and attorney's salaries. The City of Chicago had to write a check to the Second Amendment foundation for almost $400,000.00 on 02/01/12. Then Chicago wants to wonder why they are going broke? They need to stop violating peoples constitutional rights. We don't need a nanny state. So it is time to overwhelm your representatives and Senators with your calls, faxes, emails. Telling them they need to get to work! They will resume their "lame duck" session this January. Remember we all need to stand strong and oppose any attempt to sneak in assault weapons bans ect. A nice Christmas gift this year would be a membership to the Second amendment foundation. The ISRA, or the NRA.

Looks like Lisa is either intentionally wasting time or she is trying to feel out if the recent tragedy in Conn. might sway the whole 7th.

EDIT: Figured it out, see below.

Lisa wants another two weeks, I hope they deny her!

moore.motionExt.pdf

2. This request is not made for purposes of delay.

I call Bull #### on that...love when politicians lie to your face dont you guys?

Edited by Patriots & Tyrants

She wants 2 more weeks to "Consider" asking for a en banc review...........She has had since June to think about what to do in case she lost. She doesn't deserve an extra Nano Second!

Who exactly decides on her extension? Is it the full 7th or the judges from the original ruling?

Considering how scathing the ruling was if it is the judges from the ruling I can't see an extension happening. As you said, she had all summer to get ready. The fact she was living in fantasy land is not their problem.

I mean honestly, in this day and age with all the technology she has no excuse. She can talk on the phone and use online meeting services to coordinate with all the lawyers and politicians involved on her side, if they can't make the time to do it tough noogies. This isint 1910 where everyone had to take a day long train ride to see eachother each time they wanted to meet.

She wants 2 more weeks to "Consider" asking for a en banc review...........She has had since June to think about what to do in case she lost. She doesn't deserve an extra Nano Second!

Who exactly decides on her extension? Is it the full 7th or the judges from the original ruling?

Considering how scathing the ruling was if it is the judges from the ruling I can't see an extension happening. As you said, she had all summer to get ready. The fact she was living in fantasy land is not their problem.

I mean honestly, in this day and age with all the technology she has no excuse. She can talk on the phone and use online meeting services to coordinate with all the lawyers and politicians involved on her side, if they can't make the time to do it tough noogies. This isint 1910 where everyone had to take a day long train ride to see eachother each time they wanted to meet.

I dont know who would be responsible for approval or denial of the petition, But I totaly agree with the last half of your statement.

The Madigan plan has been, and always will be to stall until they can get help from high places through the judiciary. We'll just have to wait and see how successful that plan is. This whole issue is going to be sort of a guage, or test of just how much influence the Madigan and chicago crew truly have. And don't think for one minute that Big Mike hasn't been bending Obama's ear over this. Remember when most didn't think much of Obamacare would survive SCOTUS?

Not that I question the validity of the petition from Madigan, but I have to ask why we haven't heard from the leaders here about it. Surely they would have know about it before now. Instead we have come across it from another forum at such a late hour?

Could be a fake to get us in a tizzy, someone posted it late yesterday over @ the Firing Line...I can't find anything about it through google fu either. It sounds like something Madigan would do though.

Post 304....

http://thefiringline...=451189&page=13

Looking back now that I've had some sleep it IS weird that the user posting it has a grand total of one post..

Still it's one heck of a thing to go through that much trouble for a Hoax...

Not that I question the validity of the petition from Madigan, but I have to ask why we haven't heard from the leaders here about it. Surely they would have know about it before now. Instead we have come across it from another forum at such a late hour?

Could be a fake to get us in a tizzy, someone posted it late yesterday over @ the Firing Line...I can't find anything about it through google fu either. It sounds like something Madigan would do though.

Post 304....

http://thefiringline...=451189&page=13

Looking back now that I've had some sleep it IS weird that the user posting it has a grand total of one post..

Still it's one heck of a thing to go through that much trouble for a Hoax...

I'd say the 14 day extension request needs to be started up as a new thread (it's getting lost in this thread ) It's breaking news.

Edited by Yas

Because such petitions are routine in cases like this?

I don't know anymore about the legal system than you do sir, I just don't understand why it was so late hearing about it figured at least Chicago media or Todd would have said something before 10:30pm ish.

Just seems fishy is all

I saw it. It's the same maneuver they have used at every juncture in the case at every opportunity. Their last request for more time was basically denied. This is on the second page of the petition:

3. Moreover, given the stay of the mandate currently in place, the requested

extension of time would not delay the effective date of the panel’s judgment. If a

rehearing petition were filed and denied, the mandate still would issue 180 days after the

December 11, 2012 filing date of the Court’s opinion, regardless of whether the Court

allows this request.

Just seems fishy is all

I saw it. It's the same maneuver they have used at every juncture in the case at every opportunity. Their last request for more time was basically denied. This is on the second page of the petition:

extension of time would not delay the effective date of the panel’s judgment. If a

rehearing petition were filed and denied, the mandate still would issue 180 days after the

December 11, 2012 filing date of the Court’s opinion, regardless of whether the Court

allows this request.

I would love to get your take on this Molly but my opinion is that Lisa is waiting to see if the Conn. Tragedy will somehow sway members of the 7th into ruling in her favor. Its a hail mary play no doubt but its probably her best chance for a positive ruling at this point.

Just seems fishy is all

allows this request.

I understand that it wouldn't affect the 180 stay, I was just starting to question its authenticity. Thanks for confirming that it is in fact real. Now if Posner is as well regarded to the rest of the panel as everyone here says then a denial is in order!

Because such petitions are routine in cases like this?

I don't know anymore about the legal system than you do sir, I just don't understand why it was so late hearing about it figured at least Chicago media or Todd would have said something before 10:30pm ish.

Onytay:

There is nothing at all fishy about requests for extensions in cases like this. Now you know.

At any rate, please take care to avoid accusations like you've implied above (eg. post #311) ... accusations that the "leaders" of this board are not being forthright with you. You have no basis for such and all it accomplishes is the needless promotion of negativity and bad blood.

Onytay:

There is nothing at all fishy about requests for extensions in cases like this. Now you know.

At any rate, please take care to avoid accusations like you've implied above ... accusations that the "leaders" of this board are not being forthright with you. You have no basis for such and all it accomplishes is the needless promotion of negativity and bad blood.

This is exactly why I hardly ever post, I have been a member since 07 but barely have 60 post, even though I visit every day. I talk allot better than I type i guess, I was NOT making accusations to the leaders that they were not being up front. I was merely questioning the validity of the petition itself and hoping to hear someone in the know to say it was real and not someone on another board trying to cause a stir.And the only reason I questioned it to begin with was it was so late when we found it and it was somewhere else. That it all. I have the utmost respect for everybody here and just hope I can help contribute half as much as they do. Sorry if i ruffled any feathers, it was not my intent.

Edited by onytay