CCL Three-Hour Renewal Course Requirements

Molly B.

RE: Renewal dates. My FOID card renewal date is from the issued date not from the expires date on the old card. So I got shorted approx. 3 months on my renewal. Also, what is a good email address to get a response from ISP on FOID renewal? My new card was issued 4/23 and I have not received it yet.

RE: Renewal dates. My FOID card renewal date is from the issued date not from the expires date on the old card. So I got shorted approx. 3 months on my renewal. Also, what is a good email address to get a response from ISP on FOID renewal? My new card was issued 4/23 and I have not received it yet.

try: askfoid_askfoid@isp.state.il.us

I just checked with the ISP and my curriculum is only good for 8/16hr training.

So I am off to get my 3hr curriculum application notarized.

All Instructors should probably check with the ISP what their curriculum is approved for.

Just email-

Instructor_Docs@isp.state.il.us

with your curriculum number for them to check.

Matt

Molly B. - or check the approved curriculum list posted on the ISP website..

I just checked with the ISP and my curriculum is only good for 8/16hr training.

So I am off to get my 3hr curriculum application notarized.

All Instructors should probably check with the ISP what their curriculum is approved for.

Just email-

with your curriculum number for them to check.

Matt

While a few months old, there is also a November report on the ISP web site https://ispfsb.com/Public/Documents/CCWCurriculumList.pdf

edit: beat by Craig while I was finding report URL

Today, CCL instructors received the new certificate templates for the 3-hr renewal course and the regular 8/16 hrs. CCL course, along with instructor responsibilities packet, suggested roster, and suggested verification of prior training form.

If you are an instructor and did not receive the packet and templates, you should email the ISP instructor department and request the documents:

ISP sent out corrected / updated forms for the 3 hours and 16 hour on May 2nd. The original forms were sent on May 1st. if you did not receive the corrected forms please let ISP know,

Molly - do you have any information about CCL Renewals for instructors?

Thanks.

ISP sent out corrected / updated forms for the 3 hours and 16 hour on May 2nd. The original forms were sent on May 1st. if you did not receive the corrected forms please let ISP know,

Molly - do you have any information about CCL Renewals for instructors?

Thanks.

I am assuming there will be a box to select exemption from the training requirement and a place to upload teaching credentials instead of a CCL training certificate. I am also assuming the option to renew will appear about 90 days before expiration - since our fingerprints are already on file.

It would be nice if the ISP would send out a notice to instructors. We'll see how this plays out.

So if we didn't submit finger prints the first time around, do we have to this time or is it still optional? I remember this being discussed after the law passed but can't find it now.

Still optional. Mandatory prints bill has not passed...not even sure if it got to or out of committee.

edit HB4700 and HB4168 never made it to committee

• 2 months later...

The discussion regarding what price to charge for training violates Anti-trust laws. Therefore, I believe everyone should refrain from discussing this subject and charge whatever you want.

The discussion regarding what price to charge for training violates Anti-trust laws. Therefore, I believe everyone should refrain from discussing this subject and charge whatever you want.

How is this collusion?

It can’t be, otherwise public posting of your prices would be illegal. Price fixing is a private “collusion” conducted in secret.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Today, CCL instructors received the new certificate templates for the 3-hr renewal course and the regular 8/16 hrs. CCL course, along with instructor responsibilities packet, suggested roster, and suggested verification of prior training form.

If you are an instructor and did not receive the packet and templates, you should email the ISP instructor department and request the documents:

Molly, I am an instructor and have received the up-dated templates via email, but have not received the packet you refer to. Should I have received it by USPS?

Molly, I am an instructor and have received the up-dated templates via email, but have not received the packet you refer to. Should I have received it by USPS?

It was an email attachment. Email the instructor docs address with your instructor number and ask for a copy.

• 3 weeks later...

This whole FOID thing still hacks me off...

I can go to a firearm retailer and purchase a firearm or ammunition with my CCW - so why the heck (besides 10 bucks to the state coffers) do I have to have an FOID card?

I know... I know... It's Illinois.

Renewal class prices are still all over the map from what I've seen - I say to the Instructors - charge what you think is right and go from there!

Can someone please clarify. I was told by my instructor when I took my class that my CC license takes over for my foid and I no longer need my foid card. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You still need a FOID card, you just don't have to be in physical possession of it when you are carrying (Your CCL is good enough). It also takes the place of your CCL when buying ammunition. You definitely still need to renew it.

You are already in the system as a license holder. You would need to show proof you have taken a course to up date on changes in the law.

Only because I have a license. What about someone who took it long ago, but didn’t apply? That person certainly wouldn’t be up to date.

So much of this seems arbitrary.

Can someone please clarify. I was told by my instructor when I took my class that my CC license takes over for my foid and I no longer need my foid card. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You still need a FOID card, you just don't have to be in physical possession of it when you are carrying (Your CCL is good enough). It also takes the place of your CCL when buying ammunition. You definitely still need to renew it.

Thanks, glad I kept it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived