Call to Action 3/10/2019 - Phone Calls & Witness Slips Needed!

mauserme

HB3562 Firearms - Opioid Dependency

OPPONENT!

A bill to punish patients taking doctor prescribed medication

Read More About This Bill

This bill would stop people from seeking much-needed treatment. This type of thinking is why the opioid epidemic is getting worse by the day.

I didn't see any details at the link. Can someone provide details?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It adds as a FOID disqualifier being prescribed an opioid for 91 or more days unless you can prove you are not addicted.

HB3562 Firearms - Opioid DependencyOPPONENT!A bill to punish patients taking doctor prescribed medication Read More About This Bill This bill would stop people from seeking much-needed treatment. This type of thinking is why the opioid epidemic is getting worse by the day.

I didn't see any details at the link. Can someone provide details?Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
It adds as a FOID disqualifier being prescribed an opioid for 91 or more days unless you can prove you are not addicted.

How do you prove you are NOT addicted if you are still being prescribed?

HB3562 Firearms - Opioid DependencyOPPONENT!A bill to punish patients taking doctor prescribed medication Read More About This Bill This bill would stop people from seeking much-needed treatment. This type of thinking is why the opioid epidemic is getting worse by the day.

I didn't see any details at the link. Can someone provide details?Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

And need a doc to sign off to own guns after 91 days

Gee, I wonder what the #thisisourlane docs will do?.........

Your doctor would have to file a statement with ISP. The crazy thing is, being prescribed pain medication isn't the same as taking pain medication. It's commonly dosed on an "as needed" basis with patients keeping a bottle on the shelf just in case.

Thereby proving that the REAL purpose of this legislation is to further infringe ge upon Constitutional Rights.

The other option is Illinois legislators are not anywhere near as informed as us keyboard commandos.

HB3562 Firearms - Opioid DependencyOPPONENT!A bill to punish patients taking doctor prescribed medication Read More About This Bill This bill would stop people from seeking much-needed treatment. This type of thinking is why the opioid epidemic is getting worse by the day.I didn't see any details at the link. Can someone provide details?Sent from my SM-G955U using TapatalkIt adds as a FOID disqualifier being prescribed an opioid for 91 or more days unless you can prove you are not addicted.
So a non opioid would not be a problem?

Done!

Your doctor would have to file a statement with ISP. The crazy thing is, being prescribed pain medication isn't the same as taking pain medication. It's commonly dosed on an "as needed" basis with patients keeping a bottle on the shelf just in case.
Sorry, it should have been in purple as it was a somewhat snarky rhetorical question. IMO, The presumption would be that after 90 continuous days of being prescribed opioids, you are in fact addicted. If you weren't addicted at that point then you would obviously quit them, correct?

It saddens me that we as gun owners , who are fighting for our 2A rights , can't stand together and file "against" on all these slips.

The numbers range from a low of 301 to a high of 689. If we were sticking together there should be 689 against on every slip .

Just my little rant.

The presumption would be that after 90 continuous days of being prescribed opioids, you are in fact addicted. If you weren't addicted at that point then you would obviously quit them, correct?
Not necessarily. There are people who experience chronic pain and are on opioids for a lot longer than 90 days. Are you saying these people are addicts and should loose their gun rights? Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The presumption would be that after 90 continuous days of being prescribed opioids, you are in fact addicted. If you weren't addicted at that point then you would obviously quit them, correct?

Not necessarily. There are people who experience chronic pain and are on opioids for a lot longer than 90 days. Are you saying these people are addicts and should loose their gun rights?

You are confused by my statement, it was posed as devils advocate. I believe in the right of the people to keep and bear arms, Not one but involved in that statement. I believe perceived addiction is the purpose of this bill, again guilty until proven innocent only this one is impossible to prove.

Archived