http://www.house.gov/list/press/ok02_boren...lt_weapons.html

http://www.house.gov/boren/image002.jpg

Office of Congressman Dan Boren

United States Congress

House of Representatives

For Immediate Release:

Thursday, February, 26, 2009

Cole Perryman

(202) 225-2701SECOND AMENDMENT TASK FORCE RESPONDS TO ATTORNEY GENERAL’S COMMENTS ON ASSAULT WEAPONS

WASHINGTON D.C.
- U.S. Congressman Dan Boren, (OK-2) and U.S. Congressman Paul Broun, (GA-10), Co-Chairs of the Second Amendment Task Force (SATF) in the U.S. House of Representatives, released the following statements regarding Attorney General Eric Holder’s recent comments on the possibility of the Obama Administration seeking to reinstate a ban on sales of assault weapons.

Congressman Boren

“The Second Amendment Task Force is adamantly opposed to reinstating the ban on the sale of assault weapons as it clearly would demonstrate a violation of United States citizens’ right to keep and bear arms. The Constitution absolutely does not outline any provision to restrict ownership of a gun belonging to a specific category. I will diligently work with my colleagues on the Second Amendment Task Force to defeat any form of legislation in Congress that poses a threat to the Second Amendment.”

Congressman Paul Broun

“The Attorney General’s recent comments about reinstating the ‘assault weapons’ ban are extremely troubling since a ban clearly violates our Constitutional right to bear arms. The Second Amendment Task Force opposes the discussed ban and will fight any attempts that infringe on our Second Amendment rights.”

The Second Amendment Task Force was created in the 111th Congress to monitor legislation regarding the Second Amendment in the U.S. House of Representatives. It acts as a unified and proactive force to promote legislation that protects the Second Amendment and to fight legislation that poses a threat to citizens’ Constitutional right to keep and bear arms.

The bipartisan task force includes a group of Members from a wide spectrum of backgrounds that represent a large geographical area:

Democrats

Rep. Dan Boren (D-OK), Task Force Co-Chair

Rep. Jason Altmire (D-PA)

Rep. Travis Childers (D-MS)

Rep. Brad Ellsworth (D-IN)

Rep. Jim Matheson (D-UT)

Rep. Mike McIntyre (D-NC)

Republicans

Rep. Paul Broun (R-GA), Task Force Co-Chair

Rep. Rep. Rob Bishop (R-UT)

Rep. John Carter (R-TX)

Rep. John Boozman (R-AR)

Rep. Steve King (R-IA)

Rep. Steve Scalise (R-LA)

The bipartisan task force includes a group of Members from a wide spectrum of backgrounds that represent a large geographical area:

Democrats

Rep. Jim Matheson (D-UT)

Republicans

Rep. John Carter (R-TX)

Rep. John Boozman (R-AR)

Rep. Steve King (R-IA)

[/indent]

I'd love to see Governor Quinn get a letter from this group encouraging him to pass an LTC bill. Anyone opposed to the idea? Any volunteers or should I? (You know how "wordy" I can get!! lol)

Democrats

Rep. Jim Matheson (D-UT)

Republicans

Rep. John Carter (R-TX)

Rep. John Boozman (R-AR)

Rep. Steve King (R-IA)

[/indent]

I'd love to see Governor Quinn get a letter from this group encouraging him to pass an LTC bill. Anyone opposed to the idea? Any volunteers or should I? (You know how "wordy" I can get!! lol)

I'll be happy to leave it to "The Master Letterwriter" (hint) Don't forget to mention illinoiscarry? :thumbsup:

Archived