Forum member/legislative district correlation

45superman

• 2 months later...

My state rep is Mike Bost, 115th, who has introduced concealed carry bills in the past.

My state senator Dave Luechtefeld,58th. He says he supports concealed carry legislation but never has had the opportunity to vote for it.

I guess I didn't see this post in 2007 as I didn't find a reply by me.

I was thinking that at Gun Owners of America website (gunowners.org/activism.htm) you could put in your address and get your state rep and state senators names. I did know mine,but couldn't remember the state senate district. I got the senate and rep district numbers but not the names. Anyone know where you can plug in your address and get those names, for those new here, just becoming politically active? I went to the ilga.gov , Illinois Legislature site, but didn't find this feature.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
I was thinking that at Gun Owners of America website (gunowners.org/activism.htm) you could put in your address and get your state rep and state senators names. I did know mine,but couldn't remember the state senate district. I got the senate and rep district numbers but not the names. Anyone know where you can plug in your address and get those names, for those new here, just becoming politically active? I went to the ilga.gov , Illinois Legislature site, but didn't find this feature.

As a help to our new members, this feature is at the site above. Here's how to get there:

ILGA> under the resources section in the bottom right of the screen to "Legislator Lookup"> the grey box in the middle of the screen has four tabs, click on "By Address" > fill in the address info and click on "Search". You'll get a full listing of your state and fed congress critters as well as the major state officers. Warning, it's still showing BHO as a senator, so it may not be updated per the seating of new people yet. It does give district numbers and show the political party of the office holders.

Also, if you'll go to "My Controls" click on "My Profile" go to location and put in your legislative districts, it might be helpful when trying to mount a call campaign to a particular legislator. Also gives everyone an idea of your location without having to be too specific for those of you that are in "stealth mode" :poke:

Thanks to all for your help!!

Tim

• 2 weeks later...
Wow, must have missed this somehow

Peoria

Sen. David Koehler (D-46)

Rep. Jehan Gordon (D-92)

Not sure about Koehler, but when Gordon was campaigning, I talked to her for about 30 minutes about LTC, and she said she's for it, being the daughter of a Southern father (paraphrased)

Thanks, LJ--especially because I hadn't noticed that my table was out of date--I still had Schock as the 92nd District Rep.

UPDATE...Rep. Kurt grandberg ( D) O U T

John Cavoletto ( R ) I N at 107th

Orig post #56 page 2

Sorry.. just realized that this needed to be updated

That's my fault, Papa--not yours. I should be keeping up with that. It's fixed now, but there are probably other changes in the legislature that I still need to update. Will get to that later today.

• 4 weeks later...
OK--I think I have all the legislators current now. If anyone notices a problem, please let me know.

This is great. Thank you.

HD 105th Cultra

SD 53rd Rutherford

I found this link where you can enter your address, zipcode, or other locale info to find your representatives:

http://www.elections.il.gov/DistrictLocato....aspx?NavLink=1

or google 'illinois voting districts' and it's first up.

OK--I think I have all the legislators current now. If anyone notices a problem, please let me know.

HD 105th Cultra

SD 53rd Rutherford

I found this link where you can enter your address, zipcode, or other locale info to find your representatives:

We may be 1 mi apart!

HD 105th Cultra

SD 53rd Rutherford

Thanks, Rich--you're in.

• 3 weeks later...

David Koehler 46th, State Senator Democrat

Jehan Gordon 92nd, State Representative Democrat

:Crying. =-(:

• 10 months later...