Forum member/legislative district correlation

45superman

As NukemJim pointed out in another thread, when communicating with a legislator, we're likely to be heard much better if the correspondence comes from someone within that legislator's district. Often, when we need to persuade a specific legislator, we're left scrambling in a search for a forum member in that legislator's district. That, obviously, is less than ideal.Therefore, it would probably be useful if we could compile a table (as an Excel file) of each member, the member's House district, and the member's Senate district. No one will be asked to provide personal information--all we need is member name, and the two district numbers.My entry, for example, would be: 45superman 56th Senate District 112 House District. If everyone would post that information to this thread it would be much appreciated.

Member_District.xls

Federal Farmer, 8th Senate (Silverstein), 15th House (D'Amico).

I've met with D'Amico several times. He is honest, friendly, and frankly pro-gun control. He feels he is representing his constituency and he may be correct. I've tried to explain "tyranny of democracy" to him but personally he is pro-gun control himself so the arguments don't work. At least he listens.

I have been unable to even get a phone or email response from Silverstein.

By the way, you could also do what Coach just did (good thinking, Coach) and add the information to the "Location" part of your profile (which allows up to 50,000 characters). That might be the best option yet (although mentioning on this thread that you have done so will help make sure you don't get missed).

Ok, also added my info to location and interests sections.

powderfinger

Senate 33rd Kotowski - just lucky I guess...

Representative 66th Krause

I don't normally expect a response from Kotowski given his affinity for hard core Kool Aid drinking. Or maybe more accurately, his manufacturing of the Kool Aid.

Krause seems to me to still be fairly reachable and I do correspond frequently with her offices although I have never recieved a response from her. However, my opinion of her has changed lately and not for the better since her co sponsorship of SB1007.

House - 109th - Eddy; Senate - 55th - Righter. Both are on our side. I e-mail and call both. Always get a reply from each, usually Eddy quicker than Righter, but always a reply. Also have a relationship with Flider of the 101st to my north. He's with us 100%.

Good idea for the grid I'm sure Mac McWilliams among others will find it useful for next year's plans.

AB

• 2 weeks later...

I kept trying to update the Excel file attached to the first post of this thread, and the update kept failing to come through, so I figured I'll try it here.

EDITED TO ADD: OK--now that my updates are again coming through, I removed the attachment from this post, so I don't have to keep updating both of them, to keep them current.