For those who were rejected / denied and need help

I am getting a lot of requests for help from people. lets go through a few things. . . .

1. If you are under review, just relax as they work the kinks out of the system.

2. if you are under board review, wait until a determination has been reached.it will be best to see the reason why.

If you are rejected, please send me a write up/bio that may explain your situtation. include all relevent data. Also make sure to include full name, DOB, app# and a screen shot of the ISP app page of your info as well.

If you are denied, same as above, and it will be best to have the rejection/denial letter copy of included to help us sort it out. Sending me an email saying you are rejected, denied or what ever, without all the info needed, only means more email traffic.

So far it seem we are having a pretty decent record of getting things cleared up. But we are entering a new phase on this and we will see. HQ is looking at these things as well as a few others. But having ALL the information helps figure things out. and there are no secrets. there maybe mistakes, but there are no secrets.

Todd

tvandermyd 'at' aol.com

Email is best addy in post above is correct.

Best to have the letters in hand hand a meeting with gov's office on the subject and other things yesterday

It is possible i am told, to be under review-- being processed. Then kicked to the board, so you go under board review, then they lookmat it and kick it back to go back under review as being processed

Next question that could be approaching very soon is what to do when the 90 day deadline is breached. There are some instructors, such as myself who are within two weeks of this happening. In view of the mind numbing waiting we are being subjected to two weeks seems quite close at hand. What then?

It is possible i am told, to be under review-- being processed. Then kicked to the board, so you go under board review, then they lookmat it and kick it back to go back under review as being processed

SO if you were under review, then board review, then back to under review, that would mean you made it past the LEO objection? Also, any indication on delay length if any of ccl issuance because of the board review?

SO if you were under review, then board review, then back to under review, that would mean you made it past the LEO objection? Also, any indication on delay length if any of ccl issuance because of the board review?

According to the law, once the LEO objects they have 10 days to submit supporting documents. Then the Board has 30 days to make a decision. In my estimation your 90 days became 130 and your 120 became 150 days.

According to the law, once the LEO objects they have 10 days to submit supporting documents. Then the Board has 30 days to make a decision. In my estimation your 90 days became 130 and your 120 became 150 days.

I know all of that. I asked because it seemed Tvan had a bit more info than everything we have all read in the law...

I was denied and emailed ISP regarding my problem. The ISP website has an email contact dropdown on the left column. I suggest using this for inquiries to establish a verified communication.

Got this back.....

Sir,

A letter will be forthcoming with instructions. We are still processing

applications and the Denied may move to Approved after a final review.

Thank you,

lg

January 8th. The denial doesn't conform with the Law. Have several posts under denied for treatment. Patience is a virtue, but one that eludes me at times. I'm sure it will get worked out eventually. Like my instructor said, we've come a long way but there will be problems.

Is it really possible that all of us that have been denied are clueless to the reason why? I say yes...

Someone who knows why would not be stressing as much as we are. The "elusive letter" that we have been promised has yet to come. Calling them gets you nowhere, emails gets you an even more vague response.

I appreciate all the that the ISRA and NRA have done and IL C for this wonderful forum but no one getting any getting solid response from the CCL dept is really nerve racking. Todd, Molly any ideas on how to put some pressure on? I don't mean to sound ungrateful and really am thankful but we can all use some help.

Thank you

Is it really possible that all of us that have been denied are clueless to the reason why? I say yes...

Someone who knows why would not be stressing as much as we are. The "elusive letter" that we have been promised has yet to come. Calling them gets you nowhere, emails gets you an even more vague response.

I appreciate all the that the ISRA and NRA have done and IL C for this wonderful forum but no one getting any getting solid response from the CCL dept is really nerve racking. Todd, Molly any ideas on how to put some pressure on? I don't mean to sound ungrateful and really am thankful but we can all use some help.

Thank you

Due to confidentiality of applicants the ISP cannot release private details to anyone other than the applicant. We cannot do anything to help until we know the details of the denial. We have been helping many people work through the denials. You have to have the letter in hand before anyone can do anything.

I was denied and emailed ISP regarding my problem. The ISP website has an email contact dropdown on the left column. I suggest using this for inquiries to establish a verified communication.

Got this back.....

Sir,

A letter will be forthcoming with instructions. We are still processing

applications and the Denied may move to Approved after a final review.

Thank you,

lg

This is very true. We've seen numerous cases where this has happened.

Not sure how the background checks are done. A common denominator may be they see an arrest in someones history but cannot see the final dispostion of the matter regarding any legal disqualifiers. They may need the applicant to provide court documents regarding such, or in the case of a DUI, the level of intevention and classificaton in the Evaluation Report and any corresponding court orders. I don't believe the ISP is "looking" to deny anyone for arbitrary reasons but want to be sure they are not granting permits on the same basis.

Cross the T's and dot the I's.

Not sure how the background checks are done. A common denominator may be they see an arrest in someones history but cannot see the final dispostion of the matter regarding any legal disqualifiers. They may need the applicant to provide court documents regarding such, or in the case of a DUI, the level of intevention and classificaton in the Evaluation Report and any corresponding court orders. I don't believe the ISP is "looking" to deny anyone for arbitrary reasons but want to be sure they are not granting permits on the same basis.

Cross the T's and dot the I's.

I don't know if that is etirely true. I have been denied and have no arrests (ever) and no mental health or any other issues. Trying to figure it out is aa waste of time at this point. As Molly suggested, wait for the letter.

Molly, once they come, should we contact you or Todd, or both?