Open carry?

Munchfpv

Just saw a bunch of news about this court decision, about every state having open carry, something like that, im a little confused. If anyone can clarify this new ruling or how it wold affect cook county//chicago, id appreciate it, Also..my foid just became active for me yesterday, so im very excited..

link to some info on this: https://wgntv.com/2018/07/24/appeals-court-2nd-amendment-protects-open-carry-of-guns/

Ninth circuit case. Only applies in Ninth circuit, but will probably be appealed en banc and reversed is my guess. Being discussed here elsewhere, Young v Hawaii threads. At least two of them last I saw.

oh ok, i didnt see the threads, just a bunch of old threads from years ago it seems, sorry about that. Just seeing hopeful news got my heart pumpin.

The major grave error that open carriers commit is that they don't also include a First Amendment aspect to their suits by framing open carry and their support of the Second Amendment as political speech (even going so far as to claim that it is unpopular speech and thus is the very reason that the First Amendment protections are vital). It absolutely is a matter of free expression to openly show their support of their political beliefs regarding the right to keep and bear arms, especially in the face of bigotry and attempts to suppress said expression.

First Amendment cases are always more potent and harder to defeat than merely a Second Amendment case, so it should be standard practice to claim steadfastly that the individual's choice to bear arms—especially openly—is protected speech.

The major grave error that open carriers commit is that they don't also include a First Amendment aspect to their suits by framing open carry and their support of the Second Amendment as political speech (even going so far as to claim that it is unpopular speech and thus is the very reason that the First Amendment protections are vital). It absolutely is a matter of free expression to openly show their support of their political beliefs regarding the right to keep and bear arms, especially in the face of bigotry and attempts to suppress said expression.

First Amendment cases are always more potent and harder to defeat than merely a Second Amendment case, so it should be standard practice to claim steadfastly that the individual's choice to bear arms—especially openly—is protected speech.

That's actually pretty clever. I wonder why it's never been tried.

Archived