SB0058 Firearm Owners ID Act - Repeal

InterestedBystander

better chance to see a repeal of the CCL itself...

I would guess the odds that CCL goes to 'may issue' within the next 4 years are above 50% with the current lawmaker lineup.

I guess I have more faith in the S IL Democrats. Hope I am not wrong. And perhaps we get more FOID holder participation in the legislative system.

I would guess the odds that CCL goes to 'may issue' within the next 4 years are above 50% with the current lawmaker lineup.

In light of the previous legal actions that got us to the point where it's currently at, how is that possible? Are they really willing to kick the sleeping tiger that has been shown to number over a third of a million Illinois voters by trying to backslide on that? Not to mention the sympathetic family members of the CCL holders, who likely represent three or four times that number. That's as much as 20 percent of Illinois voters.

In light of the previous legal actions that got us to the point where it's currently at, how is that possible? Are they really willing to kick the sleeping tiger that has been shown to number over a third of a million Illinois voters by trying to backslide on that? Not to mention the sympathetic family members of the CCL holders, who likely represent three or four times that number. That's as much as 20 percent of Illinois voters.

I have little doubt that many of the current lawmakers are willing to kick that sleeping tiger, in fact I would expect it from IL since there is a long history of snubbing the courts and tweaking laws in their favor even if it brings them right back to court and gets them condemnation from some, because they know full well that the sheep will forget or ignore and vote most of them right back in.

Why else would Madigan and company file 400 sleeper bills today if they didn't plan on sneaking things through?

I expect them to do it this year. I further expect them to require all current FCCL holders to prove their need to carry to be able to keep their FCCL. Failure to prove you need to carry will result in your FCCL being declared void and don't expect a refund on any of the unused 5 years you already paid for.

Archived