124 grain awesomeness

Bud

Dunham's in Peoria and Pekin have Winchester 124 gr NATO 9mm on sale again, $12.99 for a box of fifty

I was overcome by the possibilities and succombed to temptation. Thus, I will suffer through many silent meals in the forseeable future

Here's what 1,000 rounds of total high speed awesomeness actually looks like:

Nice glock, does it have a different finish?

The G19 has been refinished by CCR. It jhas a Ghost 4.5 trigger and Trijicon night (green/yellow) sights

Dunham's has great sales on both firearms and ammo. My son is in PA and he turned me on to them, there are several near his home and work.

They had M855 last week , 300 rounds loose packed for $110.00. They sold the 420 round M855 battle packs for $129.00 but they went pretty quick.

Dunham's in Peoria and Pekin have Winchester 124 gr NATO 9mm on sale again, $12.99 for a box of fifty

I was overcome by the possibilities and succombed to temptation. Thus, I will suffer through many silent meals in the forseeable future

Southern Illinoisans who feel lured to seccome to temptation can find a Dunhams in Marion Illinois and Paducah Kentucky.

Cabelas has Herters brass case 9mm 115FMJ (re-boxed Sellier and Bellot) on sale for $10.49/50 count, Pretty much the cheapest you will ever see 9mm ammo locally that isn't a re-load. It comes in the real small sized boxes too so it uses up much less storage space. Not the same as that nice White Box Nato, but just fine for target shooting. That Nato stuff is supposed to be very similar to +P so it needs to be fired through a competent gun. Not sure if your Glock fits the bill http://thorgolucky.com/forum/images/smiles/smiley_poke_with_stick.gif ............ ;)

http://www.slickguns.com/sites/default/files/s7_217792_171_01.jpg

The 9mm NATO will work in the Glock just fine but it is mostly for the Kel Tec S2K.

The NATO round is a very good 'all around do everything' bullet. You are not going to get much if any at all expansion but you will get a lot of penetration.

It is not like the ammo in the normal WWB or the Herter's pictured or S&B etc in that they are considered target ammo while the +P pressures (not really but measured in a different way by the SAAMI they are similar) is considered combat ammunition. It is moving at or about 1200 fps, I believe the requirement is for (+/-) 1175 fps. Because of the shape of the round and the speed it is moving, there is very little drop at 100 meters.

As far as effectiveness, one of the classic stories about the 9mm NATO is about an Air Police Officer on bicycle patrol near the Fairchildd AFB hospital in Washington State. A deranged man, carrying an AK 47 approached the hospital and opened fire. THE AP was notified by radio and on approach to the hospital saw the shooter exiting the hospital. He dropped his bikle pulled his weapon and started running at the shooter who saw him and opened fire with the AK. At a measured disytance of 72 meters, the AP stopped, took a classic combat stance and fired four rounds. One went through the shooter's head just above the nose and a second hit him in the chest. True story as reported bny Massad Ayoob and earned the AP the Airman's Medal for Heroism at the risk of his own life.

I carry God Dots in both my G19 and my Kahr PM9.

More metaphysical expansion?

I am having some issues with my keyboard. Apparently it has decided to willy-nilly place whatever key I touch online nwith no apparent attempt to correct my spelling.

Siri and my iPhone do a much better job of translating whatIi mean to type.

You obviously mean your neighbor's G19 and PM9 as yours were all lost in that tragic boating accident. Did you borrow the Glock for photo purposes, or is that the only gun you were able to dredge from the lake's bottom??

T

You obviously mean your neighbor's G19 and PM9 as yours were all lost in that tragic boating accident. Did you borrow the Glock for photo purposes, or is that the only gun you were able to dredge from the lake's bottom??

T

yes it was borrowed.

You won't believe this but somehow I maged to flush all twenty boxes down the toilet tonight by accident

I can't believe it happened.

Oh well, I didn't have anything to shoot it with anyway.

Cabelas has Herters brass case 9mm 115FMJ (re-boxed Sellier and Bellot) on sale for $10.49/50 count, Pretty much the cheapest you will ever see 9mm ammo locally that isn't a re-load. It comes in the real small sized boxes too so it uses up much less storage space. Not the same as that nice White Box Nato, but just fine for target shooting. That Nato stuff is supposed to be very similar to +P so it needs to be fired through a competent gun. Not sure if your Glock fits the bill http://thorgolucky.com/forum/images/smiles/smiley_poke_with_stick.gif ............ ;)

It was developed by Austria, for use by the Austrian military. One of the 17 criteria for choosing their hand held firearm was that it handle the 9x19 NATO round. Another criteria was...

After firing 15,000 rounds of standard ammunition, the pistol will be inspected for wear. The pistol will then be used to fire an overpressure test cartridge generating 5,000 bar (500 MPa; 73,000 psi) (the normal maximum operating pressure Pmax for the 9 mm NATO is rated at 2,520 bar (252 MPa; 36,500 psi).[7] The critical components must continue to function properly and be up to specifications, otherwise the pistol will be disqualified.

The Glock is used by a few NATO countries as a military side arm, I think it'll handle NATO rounds. thumbsup.png The myth of many modern firearms not being able to handle higher pressure rounds comes from the fact that the majority of manufacturers for the US market print in their manuals that they do not recommend plus pressure ammo or that their warranty will be voided if the consumer uses plus pressure rounds, but this isn't necessarily because the gun can't handle it, it's because no matter what gun you're using, plus pressure rounds are going to put extra wear and tear on a firearm, wear and tear that a consumer might become upset about, because they don't have an armory that they check their weapon into regularly for inspection and maintenance by qualified military or police armorers and the manufacturer does not want the expense of taking the place as a consumers personal armorer. That being said, I do most of my practice with "standard" pressure rounds and limited practice with plus pressure rounds so that I'm used to them and that's what's loaded in my mags for defense use.

Cabelas has Herters brass case 9mm 115FMJ (re-boxed Sellier and Bellot) ...

Is it really S&B???

Yes, Herter's Brass case is made by S&B in the Czech Republic. The Aluminum case Herters packaged for Cabelas is made in Russia. In fact, all Herters ammo is made by other manufacturers and re-boxed for Cabelas. Must be nice to have that kind of buying power.

I really like the Herters brass and S&B because it shoots well, cycles good and because the boxes it comes in are so much smaller. Maybe not a big deal to some but it can really come into play for saving storage space in your safe or cabinet. I don't know why all the other brands don't use a smaller box too, more can fit on a shelf in the store for display purposes as well and can be shipped in smaller boxes using less material.

post-2751-133334447446.jpg

post-2751-133334451199.jpg

Southern Illinoisans who feel lured to seccome to temptation can find a Dunhams in Marion Illinois and Paducah Kentucky.

ummmm jungle,I think you mean Dunn's.

T

yes it was borrowed.

You won't believe this but somehow I maged to flush all twenty boxes down the toilet tonight by accident

I can't believe it happened.

Oh well, I didn't have anything to shoot it with anyway.

Did you hear that they've managed to get a mini-sub down to the Mariana's trench? Maybe they can recover your collection! Of course at those depths and pressures the only thing left will be any glocks that happened to be involved in that tragic boating accident!

Also, where is the dunhams in Mt. Vernon? I can't seem to place it no matter how hard i think..... :sad:

Good deals.

Here I don't see many 147gn 9mm. My friend in Canada RCMP said they use 147 gr HP bullets from Remington and Winchester. I just started reloading 9mm with 147gn Montana gold CMJ. It shoots fine in all guns but point of impact is off by two inches at 50ft.

Archived