Wait time for CCL at this point?

• Please log in to reply
4295 replies to this topic

#4291 jawman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 09:11 AM

Day 1, 2/11/2019: Applied for renewal without prints. Original license expired 5/5/2019.
Day 121, 6/12/2019: Wrote both State Rep and Senator asking to have license approved as state was breaking its own law not having approved within required time.
Day 122 morning, 6/13/2019: Checked ISP website in the morning, still Under Review, same for Inspect element.. 
Day 122 afternoon, 6/13/2019: Checked again same day later on in the afternoon, now Active.
Day 126, 6/17/2019: Received new card in mail.

It's important to note that I checked the ISP website regularly, as well as the Inspect Element trick to see if there was any movement behind the scenes on the website. Absolutely no change in status whatsoever on the website nor within the web code from Day 1 until the switch to Active on Day 122. Both the website and web code stayed stuck on "Under Review" the entire wait time. So the Inspect trick doesn't always work.

Total wait time until card in hand: 126 days, no prints.

@Jawman did you get a response from the State Rep or Senator, do you think that helped?

I applied for my renewal on 3/13/2019 and as of this morning it's still "Under Review"

I am expired at this point..

Yes, I did get a reply from one of the assistants who works with State Rep Sara Feigenholtz on 6/14 (1 business day after I wrote them) saying that they would follow up with their contact at the ISP, however my licensed had just been marked Active on the evening of 6/13, so I'm not sure if they did anything. But at least they responded promptly, so it doesn't hurt to write them.

Your license is still valid even upon expiration, so long as you applied for renewal before it expired. So yes your license remains active during the renewal process (renewals only, not new applicants). I printed out the ISP page to show that I applied for renewal and was waiting for the new license, and carried that in my wallet, as well as bookmarked the law on my phone in case any ignorant police officers questioned me.

Just make sure to check the site often to make sure it's still under review while you are carrying. Although rare, you don't want it to switch to "Denied" and you kept on carrying because you thought it was still under review because you hadn't checked up on the website in a while. Annoying to have to check regularly, but just my 2 cents. The state will drag its feet to do their part, but if you make a mistake due to their negligence and laziness, surely they will arrest you and prosecute you for carrying "illegally".

The long wait times are annoying, but the good thing about them is, you could apply for renewal the day before expiration, and if it takes them 4 months to approve, that's 4 months of free carry. So like Bubbacs said, what's the rush? 

Welcome to the internet, where everyone is an expert except you.

#4292 papa

• Members
  • 6,055 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 09:39 AM

I renewed on 3/19/19 , ( no prints submitted either time )

expired 4/18/19

Still under review .  I'm in no hurry and not even checking very often.  I figure I will know when I get the mail and a new card is there.

#4293 InterestedBystander

• Supporting Members Team
  • 6,318 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 10:22 AM

The long wait times are annoying, but the good thing about them is, you could apply for renewal the day before expiration, and if it takes them 4 months to approve, that's 4 months of free carry. So like Bubbacs said, what's the rush?

The governor has not signed yet, but they passed legislation to change it to 5 years from CCL expire date instead of date of issue.
NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
SAF Member
GOA Member
🇺🇸

#4294 jawman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 10:32 AM

@InterestedBystander I have not heard of this, and am an ISRA member and read all of their email alerts, so I must have missed that one. That is some BS. Good thing I just got my license this week and the 5 year exp date was based on starting from when it was activated (6/13/2019). Could you kindly provide a link to where I can read more on this change? If that passes, then that means most people will wait until the day before their license expires to submit a renewal, so long as license remains active during renewal period. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if they also tried to change it to not being able to carry while it's in renewal.

Edited by jawman, 20 June 2019 - 10:36 AM.

Welcome to the internet, where everyone is an expert except you.

#4295 InterestedBystander

• Supporting Members Team
  • 6,318 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 12:25 PM

Could you kindly provide a link to where I can read more on this change?

SB1139
http://ilga.gov/legi...onID=108&GA=101

HFA 2 added a few things to the original eavesdropping bill. 6 months to implement once enacted.

..."Provides that a concealed carry license shall be renewed for a period of 5 years from the date of expiration on the applicant's current license upon the applicant completing the necessary requirements under the Act. "...

5/27/2019 Senate Secretary's Desk - Concurrence House Amendment(s) 2
5/27/2019 Senate Placed on Calendar Order of Concurrence House Amendment(s) 2 - May 28, 2019
5/28/2019 Senate House Floor Amendment No. 2 Motion to Concur Filed with Secretary Sen. Antonio Muñoz
5/28/2019 Senate House Floor Amendment No. 2 Motion to Concur Referred to Assignments
5/29/2019 Senate House Floor Amendment No. 2 Motion to Concur Assignments Referred to Criminal Law
5/29/2019 Senate House Floor Amendment No. 2 Motion To Concur Recommended Do Adopt Criminal Law; 007-000-000
5/31/2019 Senate House Floor Amendment No. 2 Senate Concurs 058-000-000
5/31/2019 Senate Senate Concurs
5/31/2019 Senate Passed Both Houses

Edited by InterestedBystander, 20 June 2019 - 12:30 PM.

NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
SAF Member
GOA Member
🇺🇸

#4296 Kg1982

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 10:28 AM

question about ccl app applied for foid change of address and ccl 5/7 2019 it wasnt until new foid went active on 5/25 that it gave me option to change address /report lost or stolen, My ccl status has not changed staying at under review when i checked 6/19 website is giving option to change address/reportlost/stolen checking inspect element has not changed will they give that option before card is approved?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users