'Tis the season to get your online ammunition purchases lost in Chicago.

ChicagoRonin70

Update on this: UPS is still insisting that their driver delivered to my building, saying that the GPS on the delivery tracker confirms that. They've told that to Underwood, and I've disputed that, so ANOTHER investigation was opened on December 13 and is supposed to close by this Friday. I finally got UPS to confirm that if the package is confirmed as lost, then UPS will pay the claim to Underwood, who are supposed to send me a replacement shipment.

But, of course, what about the hundreds of rounds of high-powered, very effective handgun ammunition that is now loose in my neighborhood somewhere?

Could have all been avoided if the idiot UPS driver had followed the shipping instructions and RANG MY EFFIN' DOORBELL!

Update on this: UPS is still insisting that their driver delivered to my building, saying that the GPS on the delivery tracker confirms that. They've told that to Underwood, and I've disputed that, so ANOTHER investigation was opened on December 13 and is supposed to close by this Friday. I finally got UPS to confirm that if the package is confirmed as lost, then UPS will pay the claim to Underwood, who are supposed to send me a replacement shipment.

But, of course, what about the hundreds of rounds of high-powered, very effective handgun ammunition that is now loose in my neighborhood somewhere?

Could have all been avoided if the idiot UPS driver had followed the shipping instructions and RANG MY EFFIN' DOORBELL!

Hope you get your ammo soon.

My Ring Doorbell confirmed a recent delivery was not stolen because it was never delivered.

Hope you get your ammo soon.

My Ring Doorbell confirmed a recent delivery was not stolen because it was never delivered.

I have plans for a full, multi-camera surveillance system, including multiple door cams, above and beyond what I already have now, so I can document everything that goes on my property. I'm definitely going to be getting something sooner rather than later so I can bust these liars in the future.

The order was hijacked. Call them back, tell them this: Tomorrow morning one of two things will happen-I will have a paid claim, or I will call the ATF to investigate your arms theft scheme, and they will arrive in time to stop every incoming and outgoing package for no less than a day while they investigate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The order was hijacked. Call them back, tell them this: Tomorrow morning one of two things will happen-I will have a paid claim, or I will call the ATF to investigate your arms theft scheme, and they will arrive in time to stop every incoming and outgoing package for no less than a day while they investigate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't necessarily know that it works that way, although the theft has been reported to the relevant authorities, and is apparently "going through the reinvestigation process." Apparently, as long as UPS documents that an investigation is underway, and they seem to be doing so, the bureaucracy has to be followed.

In the meantime, I would almost find it hilarious if there happened to be a shooting with Underwood Xtreme Hunters by some gangbanger who went out and got himself a Glock 20 to fit the rounds he bought from the thief, and the ammunition was traced back to this incident. Then, you'd see some things happening.

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE!

Yes, the saga is finally coming to an end! UPS ultimately admitted that their driver DID NOT deliver it to my home as claimed, so stopped treating it as a missing package and reclassified it as a misdelivery that was their fault. New ammunition shipment from Underwood is being sent to my range where I have a membership so I don't have to worry about it being stolen again.

All credit and kudos to Underwood who actually took over the whole situation and got it handled through their UPS rep after me spending over 20 hours on the phone with UPS listening to those idiots lie to me and act like idiots despite me providing verification repeatedly that the package was never put at my address.

Now that this is resolved, I am going to set up a camera system and then record EVERY delivery, with time stamps, and the next time this happens, I am going to get whatever legal and regulatory entities involved that I can, and do it every single time something like this occurs.

On the other hand, since there is no proof that the package was stolen, ATF and ISP decline to get involved apparently, since nothing has come of that angle. Really? How stupid.

For anyone accepting ammo at home, imo, it is imperative to have a camera system in place. I stopped sending to my house because I live on a route that kids walk to school on. The last shipment to my house had "small arms" plastered all over it. The last thing I need is for the kid to come home with a friend and the friend sees it and tells everyone in the neighborhood. Or worse, some kids playing around on their way home see it from the sidewalk and decide to yank it.

I signed up with MyUPS and directed every ups delivery to my home to a local facility for pickup. It's a hassle, but I also never have to worry about it being yanked from my house. I also have 2 camera systems. The hard wired system is recording all day, every day. Make sure to invest in a license plate camera too. If a UPS driver does not stop, I pull up the video and show whoever needs to see it.

I also have been using Arlo system at my and the GFs house. Superb system that is 100% battery operated. Interface is very quick with alerts to the phone. I use that system for quick views of what's going on so I don't have to log into the hard wired system and playback the alerts. Plus since it's battery operated, you can move the cameras around occasionally or put them in your house when you are out of town to monitor inside. It's a great supplement to a wired system.

Archived