Sig 938, what holster do you use?

TRJ

I'm looking for options on what holsters are available for the P938.

I'm leaning toward IWB, single clip because of no go zones like my office, and a thumb break strap that allows you to more safely carry in condition 1 as intended. I've only found one or two of these...Holsterpro and Tagua gunleather models.

Are there pocket holsters out there with thumb breaks?

What do you use?

CrossBreed MiniTuck, IWB.

It's a dual clip hybrid (kydex shell/leather back) holster.

I have not tried a single clip holster. I think it would shift positions easier.

I am carrying mine cocked and locked. No problems at all. I find it quite easy to safely remove the gun even while sitting in the drivers seat of my car.

I like to have the butt up higher so I'm using the bottom hole on the rear and the center hole on the front to attach the clips. I almost wish there was leather for one more hole at the bottom so the holster could ride just a bit higher. Pretty darned comfy.

I have similar Alien Gear holsters for other guns. Those are similar with the advantage of being able to swap out shells for different guns. I haven't checked out their new modular system yet.

I think the CrossBreed has a lower profile... Less material. And I like the leather!

I have a spare one. If you are in the Chicago area, I'd let you borrow it for a test.

CrossBreed also has a “Two Week, Try it Free Guarantee” and a Life Time Warranty. You pay the shipping.

I have been on a Kimber forum quite a bit lately and everyone is talking about Bitterrootgunleather, really impressive work and I believe he make the type you are looking for.

That guy is an artist. It's not right for IWB, but if I move to a free state he's now my second call when I get there.

I have 3 different holsters, all available for the last 3+ years. I most often find myself using the Remora tucked up front in Appendix carry. The other two came with the pistol when I bought it used. They are (a) double-clip IWB like the mini-tuck, it has "SHEPHARD" stamped in the bottom leather, and (2) some kydex thing with a bit of velcro on the underside of the top lip that lets it really stick to my nylon gun belt. I just find the Remora to work for this gun, it's always handy for AIWB -- I don't like pocket carry on account of access and too much other junk in my pockets. The mini-tuck is great except to me it is a lot of holster for such a little pistol.

Go ahead grab a Remora, get the free mag holder(s) they always have. Forget the metal mouth, just the basic holster. Each time you need to reholster, you must remove the holster from your waist, insert pistol, then put the package in your waistband. It is easy and natural. The fabric is sticky and will stay in the waist when you draw the gun.

The latest issue of Guns&Ammo, or GUNS, not sure which, had a review of DeSantis, Uncle Mike, and four others for the micro-9, but focus on pocket carry I think.

Archived