Hygometer for gun safe

DarkLord

I had the same question as Thiokol.

You might try an indoor/outdoor thermometer, that also measures humidity, that has a probe intended to hang outside a window.

This might do the job.

https://www.amazon.com/HDE-Hygrometer-Thermometer-Humidity-Temperature/dp/B00L5J6CUW/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=wired+remote+hygrometer&qid=1585931027&sr=8-4

If you are using an electric humidifying rod, the instrument's cable would pass through the same hole in the back of the safe.

There may be so kind of laboratory equipment that will meet your needs. That would probably mean a higher cost.

Are you concerned about the inside of the safe being too dry, or just want to be sure the your dehumidifier is working?

I had the same question as Thiokol.

You might try an indoor/outdoor thermometer, that also measures humidity, that has a probe intended to hang outside a window.

This might do the job.

https://www.amazon.com/HDE-Hygrometer-Thermometer-Humidity-Temperature/dp/B00L5J6CUW/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=wired+remote+hygrometer&qid=1585931027&sr=8-4

If you are using an electric humidifying rod, the instrument's cable would pass through the same hole in the back of the safe.

There may be so kind of laboratory equipment that will meet your needs. That would probably mean a higher cost.

Are you concerned about the inside of the safe being too dry, or just want to be sure the your dehumidifier is working?

The safe has a built in power strip on the inside and there is no pre-drilled hole to insert the probe in , my goal is to make sure there is no possibility of rust happening and to prevent wood stock from drying out.. The dehumidifier I have has to be reconditioned from time to time by plugging it into the wall.. as for BT one - I doubt the signal will get through the steel and the fire proofing material and when I was looking at safes, spoke with a gent at mega sports - he used one and said it worked fine for him.. Thank you for the link.

Archived