Forum Maintenance - outage

pyre400

Hello friends

This is a notice to inform everyone that the site will be undergoing some maintenance late tomorrow evening.

As a result, the forums will be down for a couple of hours.

Hopefully we can get some of the long standing annoyances fixed (including tapatalk) and avoid introducing any new annoyances.

More details will be provided, in this thread, as to the changes made.

Also, any tips or suggestions for the community will be posted in this thread.

The forum maintenance will affect the "look and feel" of the forum, but for the better. Stay tuned, more info to come.

Thank you, and sorry in advance for any inconvenience caused by the outage!

======= to do list =====

Oh , that's it! Make us oldtimers spend a couple weeks learning how to operate things again. You know I just learned how to turn this thing on and off. :)

LOL

Nah.. It'll be like a new car - only without the new car smell (unless you're accessing the forum via mobile device, from your new car)

Head lamp switch will be in the same place.

Turn signals will be in the same place.

Brake pedal, accelerator, shifter, etc - all in the same place.

Only you'll have the new mp3 player to figure out, if you care to. The essence of the forum function will not change.

Disclaimer: Do not browse this forum while driving a new car (or while operating any vehicle/machinery). Forum will not be enhanced to operate vehicle components such as head lamps, turn signals etc...

This might be on the list to be addressed already, but since you're doing maintenance I thought I'd throw it out there...

When I click an external link that's in a post, my browser is supposed to open a new window. It does. It ALSO replaces the IC page with the linked page that's opening in the new window. Then, when I close the new window and try to click "back" to get back to IC, it won't go. I have to right-click my back button and go thru the history to get back to IC.

That's very annoying. And I'm 99.8% sure it's just an IC issue, since no other sites I visit do that.

If you could check that out, I'd appreciate it. :thumbsup:

I hate you buck... I want ribs now :frantics: :whistle:

well Looks like mine didnt come over. Time to find a new one anyways...

On a side note. I see that clicking on the thread title doesnt take you to first new post anymore. Damn i liked that feature...

Looks like clicking on the dot or star next to the title takes you to the first unread post. Am I wrong??

T

Just wanted to test some of the formating I use:

House Calendar

10:00 AM

House Audio/Video Link

SB0681 - FOID Ammunition Shipment

Support

Senate Sponsor: Luechtefeld, Sullivan

House Sponsor: Costello

Senate Floor Amendment No 1

Replaces everything after the enacting clause. Amends the Firearm Owners Identification Card Act. Permits an Illinois resident to purchase ammunition from a person within or outside of Illinois if shipment is by United States mail or by a private express carrier authorized by federal law to ship ammunition. Provides that a resident purchasing ammunition within or outside the State of Illinois must provide the seller with a copy of his or her valid Firearm Owner's Identification Card and either his or her Illinois driver's license or Illinois State Identification Card prior to the shipment of the ammunition. Effective immediately.

Looks like I'll need to tweak the lines with urls's a little.

Bold:

Size 4

Just text with bold, color, and size tags (no url)

Pyre, my "House Calendar" tags work for centering, size and such but then don't work later in the post. Here's how I've been doing the links in the past

[/color][/b][/size][/b][/size][/size][/b]

[size=4][b][url=http://ilga.gov/legislation/billstatus.asp?DocNum=681&GAID=11&GA=97&DocTypeID=SB&LegID=55510&SessionID=84][color=green]SB0681 - FOID Ammunition Shipment[/color][/url][/b][/size]

[b][size=4][size=4][b][size=4][b][color=green]

It's wierd. In the code box, I'm adding the middle line staring with setting the size to 4 and ending by turning that tag off. The forum software is adding the top line (turning all tags off) and the bottom line (turning tags back on). Any ideas?

ETA Looking back at older ILGA threads ( March 30, 2012 for example), even in existing threads the bold and size tags are no longer working in the links to bills even though the color tag does. Bold seems to work later, in plain text lines.

There used to be a ... mark forums read ... area at upper right side that would clear the page. I am not seeing it now and I have 2 pages of topics. Am I missing something ? Thanks

Still there on the individual forum page. I don't see it on the "new topics" page. Might have to go to each individual forum to "clear the page".

Archived