IllinoisCarry No Guns No Money cards

cjurczak

• 3 weeks later...

After a long hiatus, I am back with some good news. I have been busy trying to find an easy way to bring the No Guns No Money cards to the gun owners of Illinois. This meant checking out new printers, setting up a website, and figuring out logistics. Two of the three steps are in place, and even those are still a work in progress.

The biggest change is the new website. The website aims to make these cards available to all Illinois firearms enthusiasts not only those connected to this forum. In an effort to become noticed in search results the website will feature recent news stories effecting Illinois concealed carry licensees.

I took the suggestions of the Illinois Carry forum and narrowed the search to four vendors. I have gotten No Guns No Money cards printed by four different print houses. I took samples of each card and got opinions from a number of people, asking them to rank each card. Using this data I decided on a final print vendor, and had more cards printed.

Enough already how do I order cards?

Go to http://defendillinois.com/ to check out the website, and to order your cards. The website is a work in process, but currently offers the No Guns No Money and Thank You cards for sale. More products are to come, and suggestions are encouraged. The website is currently setup to accept payment via PayPal, or direct entry of your Visa/Mastercard/Discover/American Express.

cropped-defend-Illinois-logo1.png

What about instructors?

As instructors you need access to lots of cards at a good price. My previous printer didn't give sufficent discounts on large quantity orders. My new printer continues to give larger discounts as quantities increase. This allows me to offer large lots of cards for much less money. Additionally, instructors who purchase large quantities of cards may qualify for a discount code to pass along to students who want to order cards.

I think Illinois Carry members should get a discount!

Me too! Use the discount code "illinoiscarry" at checkout for a 10% discount. If you are one of the first five Illinois Carry members to place your order use discount code "illinoiscarry20" for 20% off your order.

So what's next?

Currently I am filling orders by hand from my home office. I am working to find a logistics solution to make the order fulfillment process easier. My time only allows me to fill orders one or two nights a week, a logistics solution would make sure your orders are fufilled in a more timely manner.

Questions? Comments? Suggestions?

Let me know what's on your mind here in the forum, PM, or http://defendillinois.com/contact/

Cards should be hitting mailboxes tomorrow through Friday. I hope everyone that ordered cards finds them to suit their needs, and arrive in a reasonable amount of time. I have included some business cards for defend Illinois [dot] com in each order (I hope I remembered) I hope you will find these cards to be good enough to reccomend to your fellow firearms friends.

I got a email from a firearms retailer in the greater Chicago area, wanting some cards because one of his patrons brought them in and showed him. I appreciate the word of mouth advertising, and hopefully these cards will make a difference for Illinois gun owners.

Reminder to instructors, contact me for details on how to get your own discount code to give to your students. The illinoiscarry 10% is set to expire at the end of March. I want to give everyone plenty of time here on the forum to get there order in with the discount. There are other things in the works, but as many of you know...It takes time...Such as one instructor has asked for small packs of pre-wrapped cards to give students. So I am investigating packages of 15 No Guns No Money and 5 Thank You cards in a PVC shrink wrap.

I have also been contacted by a member about printing and distributing his card design, this too is something I am considering. if anyone has further input or suggestions please let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

Today was my day! My shiney new Illinois CCL arrived! I'm very excited, and I hope everyone else who is waiting receives there in a timely manner.

I have been shipping a the No Guns No Money/Thank You cards to people several days a week lately. I hope everyone is receiving them quickly, and is finding them to meet/exceed their expectations. I would love it a few could leave a short comment/review for the cards on defend Illinois [dot] com.

Also, thanks to those who I met at the Belleville gun show this weekend! It's great to meet fellow firearms lovers, and put faces with the screen names here on Illinois Carry.

Finally to celebrate my license arriving, I want to make everyone a special deal. Everyone who places an order in the next 24 hours can use the discount code "illinoiscarry20" at checkout for 20% off. This is about the best deal you're going to see, and it's only good for the next day. In face 20% is below my cost when you order high quantities of cards.

Thanks again to everyone who is standing up for the rights of Illinois gun owners. I recommend you sign up for the newsletter, April is going to bring new things to defend Illinois [dot] com.

• 2 weeks later...
post-6803-0-59318500-1370711350_thumb.png

Just want to share with everyone. The No Guns No Money cards are back in stock. Thanks to everyone who has ordered them so far, they have been a huge success, and a benefit to all Illinois gun owners. Reminder that the discount code "illinoiscarry" is still good for 10% off until the end of the month. I have noticed several FFLs and instructors putting cards in a holder for their customers. So I ordered a few that you can add to your order and save the trip to the store.

So if you have been waiting to place your order now is the time. Thanks again.

post-6803-0-59318500-1370711350_thumb.png

post-6803-0-17080100-1395719762_thumb.png

Incase you haven't been following this thread: Criminal Protection Zone flyers are now available on defend Illinois [dot] com for those of you who don't want to print your own. They have been approved by the staff, and designed by volenteers of Illinois Carry. These 3.5" x 8.5" flyers are a great compliment to the No Guns No Money cards, and another tool for Illinois gun owners.

Edited by cjurczak

Oh damn it. I didn't know there was a discount code. Oh well. Only would have saved buck or 2. I'll have to remember to look better the next time i order. Got some buddies that will probably try and buy mine from me.

PM me with your name and I'll include a little extra in your order to make up for it...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Orders going out tomorrow morning. Get your order in tonight and I'll make sure to get it packed up and shipped out in the morning. Don't forget to use discount code illinoiscarry for 10% off your order.

I have had two reports of people getting an error message when using PayPal, it's not everyone, just a couple. If you have any trouble please use the Contact form on defend Illinois [dot] com to let me know. The good news is the orders are going through fine, but paypal gives you an error before returning you to my website. I'm looking into the problem with my web host and hopefully have it resolved soon. Sorry to anyone who has any trouble.

My no guns no money cards and the 1/3 page cards just showed up via super fast ninja shipping!

These are very high quality, they make us look good! well done cjurczak!

and again, well done everyone who worked on the design, they are very nice and non confrontational.

Now I just need a GFZ to start handing them out :)

I am glad you found everything to your liking. I hope to hear from other people who have gotten their stuff in the mail today. A lot of people should have received their orders today. I dropped off more orders this morning, and should be arriving in your mailboxes early next week.

Just wanted to let everyone know about the latest promotion over at defend Illinois [dot] com, giving away a IWB holster and some exploding targets. Make a purchase using discount code "aliengear" for 10% off and automatic entry into the drawing, get all the details.

The giveaway is for an Alien Gear holster, I received mine in the mail today. I'm going to wear if for a while and then post a review for everyone, but my first impressions are good. They have a great selection of guns, so chances are they have a holster for your gun when you win the drawing. Check back to defend Illinois [dot] com for my review sometime next week.

Edited by cjurczak

Just received a update on the April giveaway promotion. If you have been contemplating ordering some cards or flyers now is your chance. For the rest of the month of April all orders using the discount code "aliengear" will receive the following:

10% off your entire order

Entry into drawing for Alien Gear holster or Tannerite targets

50 Free No Guns No Money cards

50 Free Thank You cards

Free cards will be added to your order no need to add them to your cart. Great opportunity to pick up some of the CPZ flyers to share with your fellow gun buddies. Better yet get your range friends together and make a group order to get the best price.

Made a small shipment this morning for those of you who have ordered over the weekend.

A little FYI for everyone, I am going to be busy doing some traveling the latter half of this month. I will continue to fill orders, but may not be able to ship within 24 hours like I have been. Rest assured they will get out the door as soon as possible.

Also, I am looking for suggestions, how we can get these pro-carry materials out there in as many hands as possible. Also, have we filled the gaps do the cards/flyers meet the needs of the community? Is there any other media that we could use? Postcard, letterhead, door hanger, etc? Those have been suggested, but not sure if the need is there.

• 3 years later...
  • 3 months later...